The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Cannata | G

Diamond Smurf

Quick compliment; It's very appreciated having updates, particularly from an objective poster!

? Where dyu catch Wolves games ?

Thanx

Cannata reminds me so much of Cory Schneider. Cool and calm, never out of position, rarely has to make the big save but can.

If his first game with the Wolves is a preview of his pro career, we should be very excited.

• 2 months later...

depends on where Lack is. If Lack in on the canucks/in sweden, then joe will share the starting position on the wolves with climie, and then probaly take over as starter, if all goes well. if Lack in on the moose, Joe will probably go to the ECHL or be lent to another AHL team so he can get the proper amount of playing time so he can continue to develop properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he's a good young goalie, but still has much seasoning to do. I like how he is always square to the puck and tries to be big on the shooters. He tracks the puck well, but I think he's lateral movements need to be worked on. Watching him reminds me how awesome Luongo and Schneider is in efficiently moving around the crease. Looks like a solid prospect.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Btw, since getting called up on Nov. 20th he's only played 8 games. That's 8 out of a possible 32 games.

Seriously Scott?

That's pretty bad. Gillis is apparently staying in Chicago to meet with Wolves GM Wendell Young today so I hope he addresses this among other things.

That's pretty bad. Gillis is apparently staying in Chicago to meet with Wolves GM Wendell Young today so I hope he addresses this among other things.

I hope it's not to discuss renewing their affiliation. The Canucks need to get their own farm team, badly.

they should send him back to the echl so the wolves can have THEIR GUY corbiel sit on the bench.

It's a similar situation in Kalamazoo... Their goalie is a pseudo Captain like Louie was for us down there. The fans love him and he's been there a while if my reading on a forum is correct.

Edit: Ehhh scratch that. Got some names mixed up, thought Reid was their goalie for some reason. :P

Archived