The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Cannata | G

Diamond Smurf

It's a similar situation in Kalamazoo... Their goalie is a pseudo Captain like Louie was for us down there. The fans love him and he's been there a while if my reading on a forum is correct.

Edit: Ehhh scratch that. Got some names mixed up, thought Reid was their goalie for some reason. :P

What forum is this? HF?

It's a similar situation in Kalamazoo... Their goalie is a pseudo Captain like Louie was for us down there. The fans love him and he's been there a while if my reading on a forum is correct.

Edit: Ehhh scratch that. Got some names mixed up, thought Reid was their goalie for some reason. :P

i'm starting to like having our guys in kalamazoo. i'd love it if they were playing for the wolves but only our top guys are getting a shot. the wolves are strictly an ahl team it seems, no interest in developement at the moment. I think cannata would be better off getting the "schneider treatment" with the wings rather than 8 starts in 30 some games.

Jason Shaver@theshaves

Wolves swap out goalies for this weekend Joe Cannata is heading to Kalamazoo ECHL for game action. Mathieu Corbeil is recalled from Missouri

As long as this is only for the weekend, I guess I"m ok with it. My question is, if the Wolves want to get Cannata in some games, why not just play him and sit Climie sometimes? What is this obsession with riding Climie that you have to send Cannata down to the ECHL for the weekend to get in a game or two? Kind of an unnecessary transaction in my opinion.

Cannata stopped 37 of 39 shots for Kalamazoo in a 3-2 OT win over the Elmira Jackals today.

Joel Martin has been great in net for Kalamazoo lately so it'll be interesting to see how the Wings handle the goalie situation with Cannata back in the fold for them.

• 1 month later...

Since CannataMash is getting the call-up, might as well give this thread a kick!

Season stats in Chicago: 14 GP, 6-6-0, 2.65 GAA, .912 SV%

His pro stats (total) at one point were unbelievable - without a loss and a 1.3 GAA. Still, decent numbers for a first year pro who barely gets to see any time.

Hope the kid can get the Edmonton on Saturday, Lack's surgery may have streamlined Cannata to some earlier than expect appearances next year.

Ya, I'm thinking this Schneider injury is fictional and that Cannata is getting the Oilers start - if only to see where he is in terms of development.

I too hope he gets the start.

• 9 months later...

Time to bump this one, particularly after a good performance tonight.

@TysonGiuriato: Great game from #Canucks prospect Joe Cannata, who had a career-high 43 saves for the @UticaComets tonight.

In his last two starts, Cannata is 2-0-0 with a 1.45 GAA and a .961 SV%. Has stopped 75 of the last 78 shots fired his way. #Canucks

I was at the game tonight and cannata was lights out after the first. 2 ridiculous saves in the 3rd, one with a couple minutes left that looked like a sure goal from my view but managed to scramble back in his crease to stop the rebound. He definitely stole this one for utica, iowa peppered him all 3rd period but nothin doin.

Archived