213 replies to this topic

#91 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

That's it. It's the young stars game that college players can't attend.

Remember when Hodgson didn't show up to his 3rd prospects camp and everyone was bashing him, calling him a primadonna... even though he was training with Gary Roberts? lol, those were the days...

lol, yeah, but other prospects didn't get so much as a second look when they didn't attend.

#92 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

I wonder how he'd get playing time in Chicago having to contend with Lack and Climie..

Lack's probably going to make the Canucks next season. If not, we can loan Cannata to another AHL team I think.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#93 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Lack's probably going to make the Canucks next season. If not, we can loan Cannata to another AHL team I think.

yeah we can loan him out, or we can drop Climie, as he's just on a 1 year contract this season. I think Schneids will probably be dealt at the draft so Lack will be the backup season too, but there's always the possibility of cory re-signing or us bringing in an experienced backup if we think Lack needs some more time in the minors (like they did with Cory). if the latter happens, and lack remains in the AHL, then I see Cannata getting the wolves position and climie signing somewhere else.

#94 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

yeah we can loan him out, or we can drop Climie, as he's just on a 1 year contract this season. I think Schneids will probably be dealt at the draft so Lack will be the backup season too, but there's always the possibility of cory re-signing or us bringing in an experienced backup if we think Lack needs some more time in the minors (like they did with Cory). if the latter happens, and lack remains in the AHL, then I see Cannata getting the wolves position and climie signing somewhere else.

If we trade Schneider, guaranteed MG will sign a UFA veteran backup so that Eddie has to compete for the spot. He's not just gonna give Lack the backup role for sure - he'll have to earn it and battle out the competition.

I think we'll trade Schneider at the draft, re-sign Lack to a 2 or 3 year deal, re-sign Climie to a 1 year deal, sign Cannata to his ELC, and sign a UFA goaltender to compete with Lack.

I think Lack will beat out the UFA signing for the backup role and we'll waive the UFA signing. I think the UFA signing will get picked up before clearing waivers, so we wouldn't have a problem in the AHL. But if he does clear, then I could see us trading Climie so that Cannata has a mentor to learn from in the UFA player, or loan Cannata out to another team.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#95 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Canucks high on goalie Cannata, know he’s no ordinary Joe

‘Vancouver has a special player’ — club’s sixth-round draft pick in 2009 targeted for AHL Wolves by next season

BY BRAD ZIEMER, VANCOUVER SUN MARCH 12, 2012

Joe Cannata, a goalie drafted in the sixth round (173rd overall) in 2009 out of Merrimack College by the Vancouver Canucks.
Photograph by: Jeff Vinnick , NHLI via Getty Images files
VANCOUVER — He is a collegiate goalie from Massachusetts, a combination that has already proven to be an excellent one for the Vancouver Canucks.

Joe Cannata may not have the pedigree of Cory Schneider -- he was a sixth-round pick, while Schneider went in the first round -- but the Canucks are extremely high on the 22-year-old who wrapped up his collegiate career this past weekend for Merrimack College.

"We're very high on him and we are in the process right now of trying to sign him," Canucks assistant general manager Lorne Henning said Monday. "We love him and have been watching him all year. Dave Gagner (director of player development) was actually just in there to watch him and he is very high on our list."

Cannata was a four-year starter for Merrimack, a private Catholic college in North Andover, Mass. He hails from Wakefield, Mass.

The Canucks made him their sixth-round pick in 2009, following his freshman year at Merrimack. Cannata is credited with helping to turn around a struggling Merrimack program. He graduates as the program's all-time leader in wins, minutes, goals-against, saves and save percentage.

His numbers this past season included a .925 save percentage and a 2.18 goals-against average.

Merrimack's season ended Sunday when it lost a 2-1 decision to Maine in the third and deciding game of its Hockey East quarter-final series. Cannata declined an interview request Monday as Merrimack's season is not yet officially over. The school is hoping for a selection to the NCAA tournament, although that seems highly unlikely.

Cannata made 30 saves in Sunday's loss to Maine, whose head coach Tim Whitehead raved about him afterward.

"Vancouver has a special player," Whitehead told the (Lawrence, Mass.) Eagle-Tribune newspaper after that game. "He made so many key stops in the third. They were pushing, trying to get a guy out to open up the ice and they knew with him back there they could."

His own coach, Mark Dennehy, recently called Cannata, "in my opinion, the best goalie in the country."

The Canucks likely won't get Cannata signed before this Sunday's NCAA selection show.

"He has been awesome this year," Henning said. "We have had several people tell us from other teams who have been in there watching their people play that he has been outstanding."

If they do get Cannata signed in the next week or so, Henning did not know whether he would play somewhere in the minors before the end of this season.

"He still has his school to deal with," Henning said. "It's very similar to what Cory (Schneider) went through. Ideally, you'd like to get him signed and get him into Chicago. But we have to work with him and obviously he wants to graduate."

The Canucks do see Cannata playing in Chicago next season. If Eddie Lack remains there next season, Cannata would likely be his back-up. If the Canucks happen to deal Schneider this summer and give Lack an opportunity to play in Vancouver next season behind Roberto Luongo, then Cannata would likely share duties in Chicago with a veteran netminder.

"That's what we are counting on," Henning said. "He's certainly ready to take another step, that's for sure."

Lack, meanwhile, has been impressive of late with the Wolves. Lack has surrendered just 21 goals in his last 13 appearances, which includes two shutouts, and has posted a 1.61 goals-against average and .951 save percentage during that span (8-5-0). He ranks third in the AHL with a .927 save percentage.

Lack had been outplayed early in the season by Chicago's other goalie, Matt Climie.

"The last month he has been really, really good, on top of his game," Henning said of Lack. "I think what happened early is that Matt Climie is an outstanding goalie as well and last year if Eddie had a bad game he would have a chance to come back and get back on track the next night. And I think early on if he had a bad game or the team did, then Matt would play the next game. He didn't really get a chance to get any kind of rhythm going."

The Canucks have two other young goaltending prospects. Last summer, they selected David Honzik in the third round of the draft. Honzik, 18, is in his second year with the Victoriaville Tigres of the Quebec League.

In 2010 they drafted Finnish goalie Jonathan Iilahti in the sixth round. Iilahti, 19, has played this season with the Espoo Blues of the Finnish league and the Canucks must soon make a decision on whether to sign him.

bziemer@vancouversun.com

On Twitter: Twitter.com/bradziemer

vancouversun.com

© Copyright © The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1p0xbV8j8

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#96 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Honzik has had a craptastic year, Honzik's GAA is the same as last year, and his save % has actually gone down slightly. At least Iilahti has performed slightly better than last year.

#97 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for this. I was wondering if the Canucks were looking to sign him pretty quick and Henning confirmed as much. If Schneider is dealt and Lack does indeed get the backup job for the Canucks next year, don't count out the possibility that Cannata actually wins the starting job for the Wolves, even if the Canucks do bring in a capable veteran goalie or re-sign Climie.

#98 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

It sounds like the Canucks will try to sign him which is really positive news.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#99 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Joe was ranked 3rd amongst College goaltenders by HF. Here's the segment about him.

3. Joe Cannata, Senior, Merrimack College
NHL Rights: Vancouver Canucks
Drafted 6th round, 173rd overall, 2009

Merrimack started the season going undefeated in its first ten games (9-0-1) and a big reason behind it was the play of Joe Cannata. Since arriving in North Andover, Cannata has developed into one of the college hockey's premiere goaltenders. The Wakefield, MA native has appeared in 36 games this season, posting a 17-12-7 record that includes two shutouts.

Cannata plays the game with a tremendous amount of calmness and thrives under pressure, both of which have greatly benefitted the Warriors. He possesses a great glove and his rebound control has steadily improved. While Merrimack has struggled to find the same consistency they had in the first half in the second half of the season, Cannata has consistently given his team an opportunity to win each night.

One attribute that has made him so dominant is his ability to stifle opposing players. Throughout his collegiate career, Cannata has shown that he can steal scoring opportunities from players. And he has done it on a team that has few NHL prospects on its roster.

Two notable areas where Cannata has really developed are his movement and positioning. While he possesses great athleticism, the noticeably quicker reflexes that he has developed have allowed him to move more efficiently. Where his improved positioning can be seen is in his ability to stay upright to effectively stop high shots and staying square to shooters.

The Vancouver Canucks are expected to offer Cannata a contract this offseason. But with Roberto Luongo and former Boston College standout Cory Schneider firmly entrenched as the team's top two netminders, Cannata will have to wait for his opportunity to play in the NHL.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#100 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

as previously thought Merrimack did not make the final 16 selection for the NCAA tourney. his season is officially over.

#101 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

as previously thought Merrimack did not make the final 16 selection for the NCAA tourney. his season is officially over.

Ah well. So ends a very successful college career for Cannata. Next stop: the AHL and an ELC with the Canucks!

#102 The Nuckist

The Nuckist

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

With lou locked up for such a long time (most likely wont play till the end of his contact; 2022), eddie lack probably will be moved in the same way cory will be since it will be hard for him to always be a number 2 guy. so does that mean cannata is the actual heir to franchise or will he most likely be developed then traded as well.
what do you guys think? should i let myself get emotionally attached to him and risk feeling the inevitable sadness that looms this summer from loosing Schneider again?
I love lou but I also love dreaming of the future!
"There are a lot of selfless players on our roster ... I think, to a man, if you asked the guys, they would rather win a game 1-0 than lose a game and get a hat trick. That's the type of guys we have in our room and that's the type of player you need to be successful."
-- Kevin Bieksa

#103 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Luongo has 2 out clauses, one by management and one by Luongo, I think 2 summers from now is the first one... So go and get hyped on both Lack and Cannata!

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#104 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

With lou locked up for such a long time (most likely wont play till the end of his contact; 2022), eddie lack probably will be moved in the same way cory will be since it will be hard for him to always be a number 2 guy. so does that mean cannata is the actual heir to franchise or will he most likely be developed then traded as well.
what do you guys think? should i let myself get emotionally attached to him and risk feeling the inevitable sadness that looms this summer from loosing Schneider again?
I love lou but I also love dreaming of the future!

I was thinking this same thing awhile ago. I think Cannata really could be the guy the Canucks groom to be their future starter. Let's say Cannata spends 4 whole seasons in the minors and develops slowly, much like Jimmy Howard did in Detroit. That would take us until the end of the 2015/2016 season with 6 years left on Luongo's contract (wow). By then it could very well be plausible to make Luongo the backup as he'll be older and his salary would justify a backup position. Or, Cannata plays as Luongo's backup for a season or two and then, as long as Cannata actually shows he can be a starter in the NHL, he would definitely be ready to unseat Luongo. The timing seems about right, but Cannata would have to be pretty patient. It's tough to spend 4 seasons in the minors but hopefully the Canucks build up a Detroit-like reputation where players are willing to suck it up and pay their dues in the minors for a chance to play for a great organization.

#105 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

BTW...

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's a nice little feature on Cannata:

#106 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

BTW...

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's a nice little feature on Cannata:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxfN_gF_-Y&feature=related

Hahahahaha, he sounds so awkward on camera. You can hardly tell that he's got tons of poise on the ice from his Phil Kessel-like interview :P.

Seriously though, Cannata is going to be great and we can really afford to take our time in developing him. He seems like a good guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he was Luongo's successor.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#107 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

I was thinking this same thing awhile ago. I think Cannata really could be the guy the Canucks groom to be their future starter. Let's say Cannata spends 4 whole seasons in the minors and develops slowly, much like Jimmy Howard did in Detroit. That would take us until the end of the 2015/2016 season with 6 years left on Luongo's contract (wow). By then it could very well be plausible to make Luongo the backup as he'll be older and his salary would justify a backup position. Or, Cannata plays as Luongo's backup for a season or two and then, as long as Cannata actually shows he can be a starter in the NHL, he would definitely be ready to unseat Luongo. The timing seems about right, but Cannata would have to be pretty patient. It's tough to spend 4 seasons in the minors but hopefully the Canucks build up a Detroit-like reputation where players are willing to suck it up and pay their dues in the minors for a chance to play for a great organization.

Look at the post above yours. You probably didn't see it before typing, just making sure you saw!

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#108 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Look at the post above yours. You probably didn't see it before typing, just making sure you saw!

I did see it. I'm just of the mind that neither party will exercise those clauses.

#109 AlexanderEdler23

AlexanderEdler23

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Nice, the Canucks just signed him to a 3 year deal.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=623396
c.a.n.u.c.k.s.1

#110 AlexanderEdler23

AlexanderEdler23

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

^ actually I'm just assuming its a 3 year deal because it is an entry level contract, don't take my word for it though...
c.a.n.u.c.k.s.1

#111 mangosteens

mangosteens

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Nice, the Canucks just signed him to a 3 year deal.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=623396

Nice! Will be interesting to watch him to continue to develop in the pros. AHL tryout contract next?

#112 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Great news! Hopefully he gets a start for the Wolves before the playoffs begin.

#113 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Interesting tidbit about him & Schneider skating together a few times:

CHICAGO — The ink was barely dry on Joe Cannata's first pro contract with the Vancouver Canucks when he was thrown to the Wolves.

That would be the Chicago Wolves, the Canucks' AHL affiliate.

Cannata, who signed a two-year entry-level deal with the Canucks on Wednesday, heads to Vancouver Thursday to spend a couple of days meeting members of the organization. Then it's on to Abbotsford to join the Wolves, who meet the Abbotsford Heat in back-to-back games late next week.

"From what they said, they don't know if I am going to get a game or not, but I'll get a taste of the pro life," Cannata said over the phone from his suburban Boston home. "I am going to fly back with the team to Chicago, stay in the team hotel there and then I'll head home after the regular season ends to finish school and graduate."

Cannata is earning a business management degree at Merrimack College in Massachusetts, where over the past four years he helped reverse the fortunes of the small school's hockey program.

"It has been my goal since I was a little kid to play as a professional and I hope to make the best of this opportunity and see how far I can go," said Cannata, who was Vancouver's sixth-round pick in the 2009 draft. "It's just the start, but it's exciting and I am happy to be a part of the Canucks' organization."

Cannata was a four-year starter at Merrimack and established himself as one of the top collegiate goalies in the U.S. Before joining Merrimack he played for the U.S. national junior program.

"When we got him, it was kind of a thunderbolt moment for our program," Merrimack coach Mark Dennehy said Wednesday. "He was the first player we got from the U.S. national program. We tried to build this program from the net out and we thought he was someone who could help us do what we ended up doing, which is become a national threat."

Dennehy has no doubt that Cannata is ready for the pro game.

"He is the stereotypical goaltender, 6-foot-1, 195 or 200 pounds, he is really good down low and is a big body up top. Out of the 37 games he played in this year he only gave up more than two goals eight times. So in terms of quality starts it was almost every night he was giving us one."

The Canucks see Cannata as the heir apparent to Eddie Lack in Chicago. If Cory Schneider does get traded in the off-season, the Canucks are hoping Lack is ready to be a backup in Vancouver. And they also hope Cannata is ready for a heavy pro workload. He thinks he is.

"I view this a little like going from high school to college, everything is just that one step faster and you have to up your game a little bit and up your focus," Cannata said. "I am excited for the challenge and hopefully the transition works out as well as it did from high school to college."

He hopes his even-keeled demeanour will help him make the adjustment.

"The thing I have always tried to do well at is be composed, never really let things affect me too much," he said. "I try to use my size as best I can and the one thing I have learned is the best I can control that first shot the easier it is. That is something I have worked on the last four years to get better at. It's only going to get harder at the pro level so that is something I am going to continue to work at."

Cannata knows fellow Boston-area native Schneider quite well. The two have spent some time together the past two summers and work with the same coach, Brian Daccord.

"It was great to skate with him a couple of times last summer and the summer before that," Cannata said of Schneider. "He is one of the best and someone I have looked up to. You learn so much just looking at him. He was helpful enough to give me a couple of pointers when I was in the net and hopefully I can skate with him a couple of times this summer, too."

bziemer@vancouversun.com

On Twitter: Twitter.com/bradziemer

vancouversun.com

© Copyright © The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1pmyPCAbv

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#114 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Great news!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#115 cocosdad

cocosdad

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Cory Schneider is the last goalie I can remember the Canucks developing for quite some time. Now we have big Eddie in Chicago and a fresh college kid in Cannata. I am pretty impressed by management's drafting and development of defensemen and goalies in the recent past. Now we just need to find some forwards for our system - pretty weak list of high end prospects there. I hope Cannata adjusts to the pro game really well and forces changes to the big club in 2013.

#116 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Cory Schneider is the last goalie I can remember the Canucks developing for quite some time. Now we have big Eddie in Chicago and a fresh college kid in Cannata. I am pretty impressed by management's drafting and development of defensemen and goalies in the recent past. Now we just need to find some forwards for our system - pretty weak list of high end prospects there. I hope Cannata adjusts to the pro game really well and forces changes to the big club in 2013.

What about these guys?

Not bad for a contending team already set on forwards with a 1st and a 2nd going into this year's draft.

#117 cocosdad

cocosdad

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

In regards to the players you mention and a couple of others, Kassian is already with the club and he came from Buffalo. Ducco and Bitz were signed last off season and are marginal prospects at best. Rodin is new to North America and is not a prospect yet. Jensen and Labate are years away.

The only players from our system to stick the last couple of years were Hodgson and Grabner and they were traded for parts. Coho just did not fit the role the club needed filled and his need to be in the spotlight would not be fulfilled here. Just too slow and really a perimeter player imo. Grabner looked like a prospect, until he got hurt playing soccer and was never given another chance. After he was hurt, he became a perimeter player too.

Maybe Schroeder and Sweatt will come up and replace Coho and Mayray next year. I do not see them lighting up the scoreboards, I hope that I am wrong. Other than these two the cupboards are bare my friend.

#118 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Ducco and Bitz were signed last off season and are marginal prospects at best. Rodin is new to North America and is not a prospect yet. Jensen and Labate are years away.

Sorry, but can you clarify on the bolded? How is Rodin not a prospect?

#119 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

that's a great question. apparently, in his mind, there is a status that comes before "prospect", which most people refer to as "someone else's prospect" or "undrafted", but i'd love to hear what cocosdad thinks rodin is if he's not a prospect.

#120 Guardian452

Guardian452

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

^ actually I'm just assuming its a 3 year deal because it is an entry level contract, don't take my word for it though...

It's a 2 years. ELC's are for 3 years if players are 21 years of age or younger, 2 years for 22 & 23 year olds and 1 year for 24 year olds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.