The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Yo Face In The Twilight Sparkle Party

Rate this topic

Gerg

56 minutes ago, nzan said:

I asked Alf that years ago, how do you guys know that country?

i grew up in Houston.

I live in rupert but spent a lot of time in smithers playing hockey when I was younger  and i've got some friends near southbank and burns lake.  I played a few games in Houston against the luckies bob Leduc ken renaldi, hugh and harry bell ,  pretty good players (semi pro) rated. the luckies were a good team back in the day. Houston's a pretty rowdy little town , I was at an octoberfest beer gardens one time at the rink and a huge brawl took place ,  I also have a buddie with a bike shop in Houston crazy dads hawg shop.

Edited by chon derry
6 hours ago, chon derry said:

I live in rupert but spent a lot of time in smithers playing hockey when I was younger  and i've got some friends near southbank and burns lake.  I played a few games in Houston against the luckies bob Leduc ken renaldi, hugh and harry bell ,  pretty good players (semi pro) rated. the luckies were a good team back in the day. Houston's a pretty rowdy little town , I was at an octoberfest beer gardens one time at the rink and a huge brawl took place ,  I also have a buddie with a bike shop in Houston crazy dads hawg shop.

Nice!

The Luckies and that league got rebooted a few years back but I remember Leduc and the Bells from the first iteration.

A buddy of mine from Grassy Plains once told me his uncle lost a truck through the ice almost yearly cause he was too impatient to wait for the ferry in the winter haha!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, nzan said:

I asked Alf that years ago, how do you guys know that country?

i grew up in Houston.

7 hours ago, chon derry said:

I remember driving up that way to visit my brother-in-law’s family farm in Grassy Plains.  His directions were hilarious:  “you’ll come to a small herd of cattle drinking at a waterin’ dugout.  Take the next left.  Then you’ll see an old red barn, that was freshly painted a few years back.  Turn right there.”  Really good, and down to earth people.  It was hard livin’ up that way though.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember driving up that way to visit my brother-in-law’s family farm in Grassy Plains.  His directions were hilarious:  “you’ll come to a small herd of cattle drinking at a waterin’ dugout.  Take the next left.  Then you’ll see an old red barn, that was freshly painted a few years back.  Turn right there.”  Really good, and down to earth people.  It was hard livin’ up that way though.

sullivan country. took my minor hockey team there to play lots of games. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on my old Mac, and found these.  

This one was taken in 2011 or 2012, and I think the game was against the Ducks. 

IMG_20190121_225357395.thumb.jpg.536210f5dae0c7ac33d2daefc9a4abb1.jpg

This one, I don't really remember, but I think it was 2014. 

I used to go to games all the time, and I was a ticket holder for a few Seasons. 

IMG_20190121_225426948.thumb.jpg.afd571b1122ae59e584cca1fd395f949.jpg

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 4
On 1/21/2019 at 10:57 PM, brilac said:

I was on my old Mac, and found these.  

This one was taken in 2011 or 2012, and I think the game was against the Ducks. 

IMG_20190121_225357395.thumb.jpg.536210f5dae0c7ac33d2daefc9a4abb1.jpg

This one, I don't really remember, but I think it was 2014. 

I used to go to games all the time, and I was a ticket holder for a few Seasons. 

IMG_20190121_225426948.thumb.jpg.afd571b1122ae59e584cca1fd395f949.jpg

thats awesome, there pictures off the computer screen with your phone right lol, looking real old school, looking vintage haha

Edited by TNucks1
9 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

thats awesome, there pictures off the computer screen with your phone right lol, looking real old school, looking vintage haha

Yeah, I needed to get something off my old Mac, and the newer Mac does not have an  USB port, and my older Mac does not have AirDrop, and I I didn't want to connect to WiFi unless I was using AirDrop.  So I took an USB stick, and took the things I needed, and connected it to my Windows laptop.  It was much easier taking pictures with my phone, and the pictures were really cool.  I used to have so much energy at the time and would do a lot of things when iin Vancouver, like the Grouse Grind, take the ferry to Vancouver Island, spend a few days in Vancouver, go to Whistler.  Now I'm always tired. 

But on my Windows laptop, I found cool pictures as well with players and some with alumni, as well as Montreal Canadiens pictures.  

• 2 weeks later...