The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Thunder?

Captain Bob

are those pics been shot earlier???

those are nice

im starting to take photography too . . .

well done bucky!

Thanks. Yeah, those were the first ones I shot before focusing on the lightning.

It's been so long since I've gotten so wet during a photo shoot. [that's what she said]

Edited by BuckyHermit

Absolutely crazy weather tonight. I walked down to Subway with a couple friends to get some food. It was raining just a bit with a bit of thunder here and there. When we walked out it was POURING rain and all you could here was the bang of the thunder. It was awesome :P

So going down to catch the fireworks was a great idea, with the rain and everything. The orange sky and the lightning were a really cool combo.

Agreed! It was amazing. :D Although I got absolutely drenched when it was raining extremely hard around 7-7:30ish. That was horrible... mostly because 1) I was wearing white 2) my hair got all fracked up! ... and I felt like crap because, well, rain water is disgusting.

I was pretty paranoid about the thunder/lightning, though. I don't think I've ever been outside for that long in the middle of a thunder storm, haha.

LOL... Well, it does make me happy when someone takes a cool pic. :)

pffft but inside you must have that evil mwuahahaha laugh cause whatever pictures anybody else takes wont be as nice as yours and a couple others here with your thousand dollar lenses and cameras -_-

(:P)

Despite the crazy weather this evening, it was still pretty warm.

Well, warm weather seems to be something that accompanies lightning. I mean, places like Texas has so many of them, with very little change in temperature despite heavy rain or hail.

pffft but inside you must have that evil mwuahahaha laugh cause whatever pictures anybody else takes wont be as nice as yours and a couple others here with your thousand dollar lenses and cameras -_-

(:P)

LOL, absolutely not. I actually still use the kit lens for the camera; the only add-ons are the UV lens and the "screw on top of current lens" fisheye lens (which is the cheap man's version of the "real" fisheye lens).

My equipment is really small potatoes. :)

I had an amazing view of the storm coming in over Surrey. I live in a penthouse near Columbia Station and O my that was a show! There were vertical lightning bolts zapping from way behind where I live leading past the horizon. CraZiest Storm I Ever Seen, excluding the time I was in a tornado near Regina. That was a scary time

the fireworks were frackin awesome, especially with the lightning backdrop

i lol'd at one guys comment about god trying to upstage the event

was a fracked up day though, amazing until around 5, then suddenly not shorts and tshirt weather. i was soaked for 6 hours straight. and sunburnt. wtf.