The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen>>>>>>>>>>>Raymond

Xx Malcolm

Raymond does have more potential...offensively. The problem is Canucks fans are not patient at all. They expect a Sidney Crosby right out of the gate or that player is a bust.

They don't know anything about player development so they don't understand that it takes time for players to mature. He's really only played a season and a half.

Kids these days have a very short attention span. :rolleyes:

Hansen also has some potential but he will never be able to contribute offensively on a regular basis like Raymond will one day. He'll be that gritty 3rd line winger who might chip in 15 goals per season, like Alex Burrows before he was promoted to the top line.

I can not believe the amount of people that put so much "potential" on Raymond but fail to see that Hansen is much better. Hansen had his rookie season and put up almost the same amount of points as Raymond did with around twenty less games played.

How come Raymond is considered to have a higher value than Hansen on the team?

I can not believe the amount of people that put so much "potential" on Raymond but fail to see that Hansen is much better. Hansen had his rookie season and put up almost the same amount of points as Raymond did with around twenty less games played.

How come Raymond is considered to have a higher value than Hansen on the team?

I think by saying that "Hansen>>>>>>>>>>Raymond," he's pretty much saying that yes, he would.

So you're telling me that a player should willingly accept, and want, a two-way contract simply because he's "a bum who thinks he is better than he is," according to you? Players have pride, just like everybody else, and they have a priority; that is, to build the best situation for themselves. Why the hell shouldn't he ask for a one-way contract, even if he doesn't deserve it? Wouldn't you, if you could, negotiate with your employer for a clause in your contract that doesn't allow you to be suspended, relocated, have your pay reduced, etc. even if you didn't deserve it?

In a lot of ways I honestly think Hansen offers more to the team. Though he may not have the speed of Raymond, he easily is in the top five fastest skaters on the Canucks atm. He hits hard, he's willing (and more importantly *able*) to back check, he has a fast release, and is strong on the puck. He's shown intelligence with the puck and an ability to mold his game to his line mates.

Raymond, I like. He's crazy fast. Makes some incredible, off the wall, decisions with the puck, is willing to take a hit, and IMO is capable of at least one perhaps two 25 goal season.

That being said, I like Raymond for a great season or two...and Hansen for a long string of good seasons.

Take your pick.

hansen has a better 2 way game than raymond, but the potential is there for both of them for sure

hansen would be better for vancouver because he can fill those bottom six positions for us pretty well

but give raymond another year and then he'd be great on the 2nd line

They both have good potential, but raymond has more upside than hansen. He has the ability to

control the play, he's done it many times, play the point on the power play, he's done it from time

to time.

He sees the ice very well, makes good sharp passes, thinks very fast.

His skating is unbelievable, and to play full in control while going that fast takes high skill, sure he has

his problems from time to time, but I look to him having a break out year this fall.

Hansen should have a good year too.

I just happen to like Hansen a lot more than Raymond. There are just so many things that have to happen with Raymond in order for him to improve.

The whole "wait until his hands catch up to his feet" thing is pretty ridiculous I think because there is such a thing as being too fast. He does not have the skill to play at his extreme speed which is a rare ability in its own right.

I agree if everything goes right and Raymond miraculously improves in all the necessary areas he will be quite good but I only see him having at the absolute max a 60 point ceiling.

Hansen seems more like a safe bet and Raymond a gamble. Hopefully I am wrong and Raymond blows everyone away with a breakout year but I doubt it will happen.

Its the same with Pyatt. He has an important attribute, his size. When Pyatt first arrived in Vancouver, they said that the guy was gonna be a stud. Wrong.

Anyways, for an ordinary fan, Raymond's speed stands out. There's nothing that stands out for Hansen.

I do agree that Hansen>Raymond. But I also believe Grabner>Hansen>Raymond.

Archived