The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

I'm in a fantasy pool and I have the 4th OVerall pick, I am between Getzlaf, Kovalchuk and Parise, somewhat, help please. (this is assuming Ovie, Crosby, Gino get picked in the top-3, obviously)

imo it should be:

1.Datsyuk

2.Kovalchuk (might of been little biased)

3.Parise

My Yahoo fantasy team looks like this

C- Henrik Zetterberg

C- Jonathan Toews

LW- Daniel Sedin

LW- Kris Versteeg

RW- Brian Gionta

RW- Teemu Selanne

D- Christian Ehrhoff

D- Alex Edler

D- Willie Mitchell

D- Zach Bogosian

BN- Ryan Kesler

BN- Mikael Samuelsson

BN- Cody Hodgson

G- Chris Osgood

G- Pekka Rinne

G- Semyon Varlamov

Any feedback appreciated. :)

i got offered a trade where i give up brodeur and get lundqvist....accept or reject?! i cant decide :(

Reject

My Yahoo fantasy team looks like this

C- Henrik Zetterberg

C- Jonathan Toews

LW- Daniel Sedin

LW- Kris Versteeg

RW- Brian Gionta

RW- Teemu Selanne

D- Christian Ehrhoff

D- Alex Edler

D- Willie Mitchell

D- Zach Bogosian

BN- Ryan Kesler

BN- Mikael Samuelsson

BN- Cody Hodgson

G- Chris Osgood

G- Pekka Rinne

G- Semyon Varlamov

Any feedback appreciated. :)

Thats a pretty good team

i got offered a trade where i give up brodeur and get lundqvist....accept or reject?! i cant decide :(

That depends on what you think will happen.

Will Brodeur decline in production since he's 40 or so?

Will Elias manage to keep his production up to help the team win?

Can Parise pull a repeat 45+ goal season?

Do you think the Rangers are better with a player like gaborik and Higgins on their team?

Is this a keeper pool?

That depends on what you think will happen.

Will Brodeur decline in production since he's 40 or so?

Will Elias manage to keep his production up to help the team win?

Can Parise pull a repeat 45+ goal season?

Do you think the Rangers are better with a player like gaborik and Higgins on their team?

Is this a keeper pool?

My opinion

No, Lemaire's coach

No, Lemaire's coach

No, Lemaire's coach

If Gaborik can stay healthy

NA

My opinion

No, Lemaire's coach

No, Lemaire's coach

No, Lemaire's coach

If Gaborik can stay healthy

NA

Heres another one then. With Brodeur getting Older will he be able to stop enough rubber so that the forwards will only need to score one or two goals a game in a trap game?

Goals, assists, points, +/-, PPP, SHP, and GWG count.

2 center spots, 4 winger spots, 4 defensemen spots, 2 utility, 4 bench, 2 goaltender spots. (18 total)

I have:

4 centers

5 wingers

6 defensemen

3 goaltenders

Only 2 center, 4 wingers, 4 defensemen get counted..

Should I drop Mikko Koivu, Paul Stastny, Joni Pitkanen, or Ryan Suter for a winger?

I'd give up Koivu but I'm not sure if Stastny won't have that killer bounce back season.. I'd give up Pitkanen, but Suter's +/- scares me.. I'd give up Stastny but he might have a huge bounce back.. and I'd give up Suter but Pitkanen is inconsistent and I'd prefer it if I had 6 defensemen, 6 wingers, 3 centers, and 3 goaltenders.

So I'm split between drafting

Parise

Heatley

Carter

Any thoughts?

Heatley. With him playing with Thornton you can only expect his production to sky-rocket.

Parise's points production will go down thanks to Jacques Lemaire.

I can't see Carter putting up the same numbers he did last year.

Keep Brodeur.

Koivu is the safer pick but Stasny is high risk/high reward.

If you want to win, you gotta take the risk so go with Stasny. If he stays healthy he could get you 80-90 pts.

Is it worth it to drop one of them for Rene Bourque? He had 40 in 58 and will probably to about 60-70 playing with Jokinen and Iginla.

Koivu, I really want to keep and see how he does in a non-trap system.

I realize both are of higher calibre, but Bourque's got a better +/- than both and I need a winger cause there's 4 winger spots and only 2 center spots. Also, I've got Crosby/Backstrom and I have two players from the same team as wingers so when they're inactive I won't have their points.

For the Facebook Keeper pool I took:

Alex Ovechkin

Dany Heatley

Marc Savard

Joe Thornton

Steven Stamkos

Henrik Sedin

Mike Green

Dan Boyle

Tim Thomas

Roberto Luongo

Milan Lucic

Jonathan Toews

I'm really depending on the success of Heatley and Big Joe.

Is it worth it to drop one of them for Rene Bourque? He had 40 in 58 and will probably to about 60-70 playing with Jokinen and Iginla.

Koivu, I really want to keep and see how he does in a non-trap system.

I realize both are of higher calibre, but Bourque's got a better +/- than both and I need a winger cause there's 4 winger spots and only 2 center spots. Also, I've got Crosby/Backstrom and I have two players from the same team as wingers so when they're inactive I won't have their points.

Bourque is an interesting pick because no one really knows what to expect from him. Most Calgary fans don't even know if he'll be playing with Jokinen and Iginla or if he'll be demoted to the second line with Langkow and Moss. The third player on Calgary's first line could be Bourque, Dawes or even Backlund. Whereas with Stasny, he'll almost certainly be playing top line/first unit PP minutes. Another thing to factor in is the issue of injury. Right now both of them are still recovering from injuries sustained last year so they're not exactly 100% yet.

Still, I'd keep Stasny.

Bourque is an interesting pick because no one really knows what to expect from him. Most Calgary fans don't even know if he'll be playing with Jokinen and Iginla or if he'll be demoted to the second line with Langkow and Moss. The third player on Calgary's first line could be Bourque, Dawes or even Backlund. Whereas with Stasny, he'll almost certainly be playing top line/first unit PP minutes. Another thing to factor in is the issue of injury. Right now both of them are still recovering from injuries sustained last year so they're not exactly 100% yet.

Still, I'd keep Stasny.

Alright. I'm going to take your advice since I didn't know Bourque isn't at 100%. If I'm going with an injury-risk player, I might as well go with the one that could net 80. Also, I can always drop Stastny to pick up Bourque but it'd be harder to drop Bourque and pick up Stastny.

Archived