Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
4814 replies to this topic

#4621 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

What's the timeline on Visnovsky?

I have him and Pronger... fml and can only have one player on IR in my league.

Should I drop Vish?

I think Lubo's timeline was about a month for his broken finger. Forgot when he injured it though, maybe 2ish weeks ago?

Pronger's missing a month as well for knee surgery.

#4622 Ajax19

Ajax19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

Edited by Ajax19, 30 November 2011 - 12:48 AM.

You kidding? I am Queens Boulevard.

#4623 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

I have Reimer on my team and am going to take him off IR soon

My goalies right now are

Quick
Enroth
Raycroft

So between Enroth and Raycroft, who should I drop?

*Update* looks like Miller MAY be back this weekend while Lehtonen is supposed to be out for about 3 weeks. Should I keep Raycroft then? Help please! :)

Edited by nd84, 01 December 2011 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#4624 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

I have Reimer on my team and am going to take him off IR soon

My goalies right now are

Quick
Enroth
Raycroft

So between Enroth and Raycroft, who should I drop?

*Update* looks like Miller MAY be back this weekend while Lehtonen is supposed to be out for about 3 weeks. Should I keep Raycroft then? Help please! :)

Yay Reimer. I would drop Enroth, especially if Miller is poised to return within the next couple games and Lehtonen is going to be out for three weeks with his groin injury. Keeping Raycroft would be a good idea.

#4625 Upshall18

Upshall18

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

Do I drop Kris Letang? I've held on to him for about a month now and no signs of a return any time soon and now I'm no longer leading my pool.

#4626 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Should I accept this trade?

Franzen for Nugent-Hopkins and Moulson. I have Nugent-Hopkins and Moulson.

I need guys that get PIM. Also, if I do a 2 for 1 trade, I'll have an empty roster spot. Alfredsson is in free agency, so I was thinking of picking him up.

Edited by CaNuCkSLoUiE23, 31 December 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#4627 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

So have trades coming up want to get rid of Ladd and Hemsky who probably keeps pace up , lupul Versteeg, pominville Or who is known as a great second half player ... Ne suggestions ? Booth is a thought too!

Edited by RDCurran, 31 December 2011 - 11:40 AM.

6. Your signature image(s) will not exceed 400x200 pixels and your avatar will not exceed 80x80 pixels. The combined file size for avatars and signatures may not exceed 500 KB. Please limit additional text and quotes to one or two lines. Your signature may be removed without warning if it is found to be too big. Images that are larger than 400x200 or 500KB are inconsiderate to those unable to access the site with a high-speed connection. To check the size of your image, right click your image to view its properties. Vulgarity, inappropriate images, advertisements, and anything else contrary to the other rules, are not acceptable.

#4628 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Do I drop Kris Letang? I've held on to him for about a month now and no signs of a return any time soon and now I'm no longer leading my pool.

Ur call I want to but other players rather give up, update on 29th said feeling better not skating no timeline
6. Your signature image(s) will not exceed 400x200 pixels and your avatar will not exceed 80x80 pixels. The combined file size for avatars and signatures may not exceed 500 KB. Please limit additional text and quotes to one or two lines. Your signature may be removed without warning if it is found to be too big. Images that are larger than 400x200 or 500KB are inconsiderate to those unable to access the site with a high-speed connection. To check the size of your image, right click your image to view its properties. Vulgarity, inappropriate images, advertisements, and anything else contrary to the other rules, are not acceptable.

#4629 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Evander Kane and Ryan Miller for Kari Lehtonen, yay or nay?

Playing head to head format, my goaltending has been atrocious thus far (Fleury and Rask) while my offense has been fine.
Posted Image

#4630 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Evander Kane and Ryan Miller for Kari Lehtonen, yay or nay?

Playing head to head format, my goaltending has been atrocious thus far (Fleury and Rask) while my offense has been fine.

I would say yes Kane has been heating up lately and miller if able to get form back is solid

#4631 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Should I keep or drop these players:

David Legwand
Michael Grabner

#4632 Kashmir

Kashmir

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Just got offered Chara, Krejci, and Moulson for Getzlaf, Vrbata, and Wideman, the format is H2H

#4633 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Semin currently listed as day-to-day with a supposed cut on his arm. Should I pick up before he is gone?

#4634 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Semin has been inconsistent all year but ovie seems to be getting stride back so could be a good pick up

#4635 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Mason vs. Ducks tomorrow or drop him and add Bobrovsky vs. the Sens?

Playing Head-to-Head format with goalie categories

Looks like Bobrovsky has had better career numbers vs. the Sens over Mason's numbers vs. the Ducks, but these teams are different this year.

Thoughts and advice guys?
Posted Image

#4636 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,348 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Never trust Mason, id go with Bob
Posted Image

#4637 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,348 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

So which lineup would you rather have for a rotissierre keeper pool?

Malkin
Benn
Duchene
Tavares
Pavelski
Versteeg
Doughty
Pietrangelo

or

Eriksson
E.Staal
Duchene
Benn
Tavares
Pavelski
Doughty
Pietrangelo

Someone made me a trade offer;

Team A gets Malkin

Team B(me) gets E.Staal, Loui Eriksson and a 1st round pick

edit: Should also note that I am 13th out 15 teams and am pretty far back of 12th place, so im not winning this year and wouldnt mind loading up on picks.

Edited by gmen81, 07 January 2012 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#4638 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

You want picks and get Staal and erickson for malkin fair trade in my mind two decent players

So which lineup would you rather have for a rotissierre keeper pool?

Malkin
Benn
Duchene
Tavares
Pavelski
Versteeg
Doughty
Pietrangelo

or

Eriksson
E.Staal
Duchene
Benn
Tavares
Pavelski
Doughty
Pietrangelo

Someone made me a trade offer;

Team A gets Malkin

Team B(me) gets E.Staal, Loui Eriksson and a 1st round pick

edit: Should also note that I am 13th out 15 teams and am pretty far back of 12th place, so im not winning this year and wouldnt mind loading up on picks.

#4639 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Need help get three trades on Saturday:
Have erhoff and letang on d which to trade ?
Roy, Hemsky, Ladd , carter which to get rid of
And should I replace enforcer : parros , only .25 PTs per min
Lupul Versteeg pominville of these three which to pick up

#4640 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

Who wins this trade:

Giroux

for

Pavelski and Perry

#4641 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

Who wins this trade:

Giroux

for

Pavelski and Perry

What kind of pool is it ? What are the point values ? If you get Pavelski and Perry in the pool do you need to drop a player ? If so whos that player ?

#4642 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

What kind of pool is it ? What are the point values ? If you get Pavelski and Perry in the pool do you need to drop a player ? If so whos that player ?

The Yahoo one. Go head to head with another player for a week. 8 players in a pool. Each category such as goals, assists, hits, PIM, etc. add up to a total at the end of the week. I'm thinking of dropping Foligno.

Edited by CaNuCkSLoUiE23, 08 January 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#4643 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

So i would say given the current state of the hockey teams that

Foligno and Giroux are more valuable than Perry and Pavelski.

Games remaining in the season should add some value as well, Anaheim and San Jose have played 78 combined games and Ottawa and Philly have played 83 games.

So if you choose Perry and Pavelski you will get an extra 5 games out of them from this point in the season.

Hope this helps :)

#4644 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

So i would say given the current state of the hockey teams that

Foligno and Giroux are more valuable than Perry and Pavelski.

Games remaining in the season should add some value as well, Anaheim and San Jose have played 78 combined games and Ottawa and Philly have played 83 games.

So if you choose Perry and Pavelski you will get an extra 5 games out of them from this point in the season.

Hope this helps :)

K, I have my trust in you ;)

#4645 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

How long does it take for a player to have IR status on Yahoo fantasy pools? Or how long does it take for an injured player to be placed in IR in real life?

#4646 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

How long does it take for a player to have IR status on Yahoo fantasy pools? Or how long does it take for an injured player to be placed in IR in real life?

Once it happens it real life, it takes Yahoo about 2 days to realize it.

#4647 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Once it happens it real life, it takes Yahoo about 2 days to realize it.

How long does it take in real life? Stupid Ehrhoff won't go from DTD to IR :(

#4648 RDCurran

RDCurran

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

Lupul, Versteeg, pominville which is best choice ? 1 pt goals and assists

#4649 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

How long does it take in real life? Stupid Ehrhoff won't go from DTD to IR :(

It's up to the management. Same thing happened to me with Wisniewski. Now the same thing is happening with James Neal :(

#4650 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

Lupul, Versteeg, pominville which is best choice ? 1 pt goals and assists

Lupul is doing quite well with Kessel. Versteeg's production has slowed down as of late and I don't know about Pominville.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.