The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

What's w/ all the 6-foot-plus players who are supposedly 14 years old ?

Average height for a 14-year-old boy is 5'3" ... Some of these guys are 6'3" and will probably exceed 7'0" by the time they're in their mid-20s ...

Nah, they won't grow that much. Maybe a couple inches.

@Moonwalker:

I think you'll have to wait for the import draft, but I'd have to check to be sure.

Update coming in a couple minutes.

Hey I got a hockey pool question for you all and I need some advice...

I'm in a yahoo pool that has 12 forwards 6 D and 2 Goalies, we get 20 moves for the whole season and you get 1 point for a goal or an assist and 2 points for a goalie win. It's a salary cap pool (59.4mill)

I'm currently in first place but hit with injuries that can hurt me... I have Kari Lehtonen on DTD, Pekka Rinne on IR, Hemsky on IR. I have made 17 out of 20 moves already, so I only have 3 left for the whole season.

I am debating whether or not I should dump Hemsky and Rinne (or Lehtonen) and pick up Corey Crawford (looks to be #1 for Chicago) and Jarome Iginla. What I really would want to know is if you guys would just ride the injuries out despite going down in the standings to maybe 2nd or 3rd and save the moves for sometime down the road... or should I just deal with the injuries I got and make that pickup??

Thanks.

Archived