The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

hey guys

Briere was just dropped in my pool , and im thinking about grabbing him before its too late

im trying to decide who to drop

my bottom ranked forwards as of now are

Morrow

O Jokinen

Krecji

Kariya

Tkachuk

im kinda going towards morrow, but i cant decide, or if Briere is not worth any of these players

what do u guys think

Do not drop Morrow.

Personally, i would just keep the guys you have cuz of Briere's injury history. But if i had to drop one guy, it would be Tkachuk.

just made a trade, what do you guys think?

i got: joe thornton and iginla

i sent: crosby and dustin brown

Take it and run..

Iginla is 100X better than Brown

Crosby though is 10Xbetter than Thornton but you still win the trade.

Okay. I'm thinking about dropping Bobby Ryan and picking up Penner. I'm hesistant to do it considering how well Ryan played last season, but Penner's on a role so far. What do you think?

Dont Penner isnt going to stay this hot for the whole season with Ryan guarteed 60-70+ points

I have Elias on IR, whom I'm thinking about putting in the lineup for next week. But, to do that I have to drop a player to clear space for Elias. Who would you drop out of these three?

Ray Whitney

Ales Kotalik

James Neal

I'm favoring towards Kotalik, but he's been getting a lot of PP points. On the other hand, Ray Whitney's done nothing yet. James Neal has a been a surprise so far for me.

ps: It's a points league in Yahoo Fantasy Hockey.

Who wins this?

To Boston

RW - Joffrey Lupul - (83) - 4.250 - UFA 13/14

D - Andrei Markov - (84) - $5.75M - UFA 11/12

C- Shawn Horcoff (84) 5.500 M 15/16 UFA

Gregory stewart 75 - prospect

Louis Leblanc 75 - prospect

1st round pick(philly) 2010 (top 5)

2nd round pick(ana)2010

4th round pick(mtl)2010

3rd round(mtl)2011

To Montreal

D-Zdeno Chara (92) 7.5 M UFA 2011

LW-Marco Sturm (82) 3.5 M UFA 2011

C-Patrice Bergeron (83) 4.75 M UFA 2011

Hey, next time you can post in the Hockey Advice thread found here http://forum.canucks.com/index.php?showtop...0&start=500

Anyways, if I were you I'd probably be leaning towards dropping Whitney. I had him in my pool a while ago and he did absolutely nothing. Neal has been a nice surprise and I don't know much about Kotalik except that he's been doing pretty well so far.

I just looked up the stats and Neal has 16 points and Whitney has 8 so far. Kotalik has a ton of PPPs already so yeah I'd go with dropping Whitney who along with the rest of the Canes team has been a disappointment so far.

Hey, next time you can post in the Hockey Advice thread found here http://forum.canucks.com/index.php?showtop...0&start=500

Anyways, if I were you I'd probably be leaning towards dropping Whitney. I had him in my pool a while ago and he did absolutely nothing. Neal has been a nice surprise and I don't know much about Kotalik except that he's been doing pretty well so far.

I just looked up the stats and Neal has 16 points and Whitney has 8 so far. Kotalik has a ton of PPPs already so yeah I'd go with dropping Whitney who along with the rest of the Canes team has been a disappointment so far.

oops...didn't see that. Thanks.

Who wins this?

To Boston

RW - Joffrey Lupul - (83) - 4.250 - UFA 13/14

D - Andrei Markov - (84) - $5.75M - UFA 11/12

C- Shawn Horcoff (84) 5.500 M 15/16 UFA

Gregory stewart 75 - prospect

Louis Leblanc 75 - prospect

1st round pick(philly) 2010 (top 5)

2nd round pick(ana)2010

4th round pick(mtl)2010

3rd round(mtl)2011