The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

I'm in a fifteen team keeper league. Goals, assists, PIMs, FOW, shots, and blocked shots. I need to keep six guys, I've chosen four:

Gezlaf

Giroux

Krug

Fleury

Price

Do you agree with these five and who else would you recommend I keep out of:

Enstrom

Carlson

Ladd

Filpulla

Carter

Bonino

Kuznetsov

Barkov

Vanek

Brouwer

Voynov

Simmonds

Burrows

Hodgson

I'm in a fifteen team keeper league. Goals, assists, PIMs, FOW, shots, and blocked shots. I need to keep six guys, I've chosen four:

Gezlaf

Giroux

Krug

Fleury

Price

Enstrom

Carlson

Ladd

Filpulla

Carter

Bonino

Kuznetsov

Barkov

Vanek

Brouwer

Voynov

Simmonds

Burrows

Hodgson

Barkov

The other 5 are good.

I might drop the Sedins, Burrows and Edler in my keeper league at the end of the year.

Had them for many years and they helped me win lots of money, but I think it's time for a change.

Might try and trade the Sedins in the off-season, but I didn't have any success in the regular season.

Gezlaf

Giroux

Krug

Fleury

Price

Enstrom

Carlson

Ladd

Filpulla

Carter

Bonino

Kuznetsov

Barkov

Vanek

Brouwer

Voynov

Simmonds

Burrows

Hodgson

Kuznetsov.

Hopefully someone can answer me this.

I am in a head to head Yahoo league - and we have a minimum games played for goalie, and it looks like the person who I am against won't reach the minimum.

I know I would then get all the category points, but does that include the ones I have '0' in? (i.e. I have 0 shutouts, would I still get the category?)

I cant seem to find an answer on Yahoo or through various google searches.

I am in a head to head Yahoo league - and we have a minimum games played for goalie, and it looks like the person who I am against won't reach the minimum.

I know I would then get all the category points, but does that include the ones I have '0' in? (i.e. I have 0 shutouts, would I still get the category?)

i´m also playing yahoo fantasy hockey since some years ...i´m not 100% sure but i guess you will get them all

it has been a long time ago that ihad such scenario

I can't find the answer either, but I had this about four years ago and I believe I won all the categories. Hopefully it remains that way for you!

Gezlaf

Giroux

Krug

Fleury

Price

Enstrom

Carlson

Ladd

Filpulla

Carter

Bonino

Kuznetsov

Barkov

Vanek

Brouwer

Voynov

Simmonds

Burrows

Hodgson

As it turns out, I keep nine and not six. Just when I thought I had it all figured out lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hey guys . Im in a pick league where there are the usual 70 players or so to choose from and then there are 3 bonus picks . any advice on players who could really break out this year . I'm hoping 60 points or more .. thanks , id really appreciate the help .

its based solely on points btw

I'm looking to pick you hockey pool experts brains here to help me with my office hockey pool.

There's no draft, it's just a pool.

The rules are 13 forwards, 5 defensemen and 2 goalies.

The points go as follows.

Goal=2 points, assist=1 , +/- = 1 , SHG=5, PPG=1...Goalies go Wins=2, SO=5, Assists=5.

I was thinking of picking Quick and Task but you guys are experts at breaking this stuff down, so please help!

Archived