Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Tylor Matson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

We should hope for him to be a good 4th line checker on the Canucks some day.

It'll be tough, but he sounds like a character guy with good leadership skills. Those guys usually have a good head on their shoulders, and with a postitive attitude and hard work he may make it.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#32 EternalCanuckFan

EternalCanuckFan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

He seemed to make a spot for himself with the Wolves late last season so it would be nice to see him get a shot with the Canucks. He provides a bit more depth at centre at the very least. From what I can tell he does seem like a long shot to spend time with the Canucks and if MG is cautious about who he hands contracts out to, he might not make the cut. I am assuming that Oreskovich is not going to be qualified this summer though so hopefully that will make room for Matson.

#33 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

no, they have until August 15th

Is that the deadline for all senior NCAA players?

Also, I know it's just nitpicking but the misspelling of his name in the title just irks me for no reason. :P
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#34 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

Not sure if the Canucks will, but the Wolves definitely will.

If the Canucks opt not to sign him, I hope at least the Wolves do. I've been rooting for him to succeed given all the injuries he's suffered in the past and the fact that he's the lone draft pick from 2007 left in the system.

He's a hardworking, character guy with leadership and two-way ability who might turn into a 4th line center one day if he develops to his potential.

Seemed to show well with the Wolves this spring and even put up some points too. Even better was that he seemed to click with Jensen on the 4th line and they worked well together. There might be some chemistry there in future if they're ever put together again.

Edit: Also, it's kind of fitting that the colour scheme for his Gophers uniform would be similar to the Wolves' one:
Posted Image

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 16 June 2012 - 04:13 AM.

RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.