The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Windy?

Zigmund.Palffy

• 1 month later...

What are you hearing? I have had my noise canceling headphones on for the last 15 or so hours.

I am hearing talk that a trade will be made in the next 24 hours. (e3) [/joke]

Well actually, I heard a lot of wind yesterday and there was a lot of tapping outside, and the roaring.

• 2 months later...

Time to batten down the hatches!

Warnings

Metro Vancouver

11:55 AM PST Tuesday 01 March 2011

Wind warning for

Metro Vancouver continued

Sustained southerly winds of 70 to 100 km/h with peak gusts from 100 to 140 km/h will develop Wednesday morning.

This is a warning that potentially damaging winds are expected in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An intense Pacific low pressure system will approach the British Columbia south coast overnight and associated with the system will be very strong southerly winds. Sustained speeds of 70 to 100 km/h with gusts of 100 to 140 km/h will develop late Wednesday morning and early afternoon. The highest values will occur over Northern Vancouver island, closest to the low. Winds will first occur as southeasterlies early Wednesday morning as the system approaches. Wind speeds will then increase in the late morning and early afternoon as the direction of the wind veers into the south and southwest. Winds will start to diminish Wednesday evening.

Meanwhile, strong outflow winds in combination with cold temperatures will continue to give wind chill values near minus 20 this morning over the north and central coast.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42#bc42-815cwvr-082600

• 2 weeks later...