The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Windy?

Zigmund.Palffy

Really windy outside right now. The power almost went out and lost internet connection for around 10 minutes.

publicalerts_wind-32.pngWind Warning for Coastal British Columbia

Active for next 9 hours

Locations: Sunshine Coast; East Vancouver Island; Greater Victoria; Southern Gulf Islands; Metro Vancouver

Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.

A developing low over the Pacific will approach the South Coast this evening. Strong southeast winds of 70 to 80 km/h will develop over Metro Vancouver, Greater Victoria, the Southern Gulf Islands, East Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast this evening ahead of the low. Winds will ease overnight as the low moves into the Interior.

Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please monitor local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to pacificstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #BCStorm.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/

The gusts are intense wow. There's a severe rainfall warning as weLl

• 3 weeks later...

publicalerts_wind-32.png

Wind Warning for Coastal British Columbia

Active for next 15 hours

Locations: Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford; Fraser Valley - east including Chilliwack; Inland Vancouver Island; Southern Gulf Islands; Greater Victoria; Howe Sound; Metro Vancouver

A deep Pacific low pressure system will move rapidly across southern Vancouver Island near noon. Southwesterly winds 60 km/h gusting to 90 will develop this afternoon In the wake of the system, Winds will ease this evening as the low moves inland.

High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please monitor local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to pacificstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #BCStorm.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc

publicalerts_wind-32.png

Wind Warning for Coastal British Columbia

Active for next 15 hours

Locations: Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford; Fraser Valley - east including Chilliwack; Inland Vancouver Island; Southern Gulf Islands; Greater Victoria; Howe Sound; Metro Vancouver

A deep Pacific low pressure system will move rapidly across southern Vancouver Island near noon. Southwesterly winds 60 km/h gusting to 90 will develop this afternoon In the wake of the system, Winds will ease this evening as the low moves inland.

High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc

I always have one main concern: will my cable and/or power go out thereby making me miss the game? I hold my breath in anticipation, as that would be awful.

Stay safe everyone...some of the weather we're having is quite extreme...especially take extra care when driving.

• 1 month later...

The wind always reminds me of when I was young and my Dad's boat went down....will never forget that night/phonecall. Wind terrifies me as a result.

And I hate when the power goes out....better not, I'm baking white chocolate pomegranate cookies and it would be a disaster.

The wind always reminds me of when I was young and my Dad's boat went down....will never forget that night/phonecall. Wind terrifies me as a result.

And I hate when the power goes out....better not, I'm baking white chocolate pomegranate cookies and it would be a disaster.

White chocolate cookies sounds good don't know about the pomegranate though...

I just can't stand the seeds..

Power out party at Debs tonight, shes got the Cookies and Tang!!

Dont invite Stealth though, hes a stiff..

• Upvote 2