OMG Windy?

Zigmund.Palffy

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Yup, really windy.

Just shot this from my deck.

Wow that is so beautiful. It reminds me of when my wife’s aunts were alive and we’d stay at their house on Hornby Island, right on the water looking out at Texada Island. Between this vid and your other pics I’ve got to say you’re living inparadise!

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Wow that is so beautiful. It reminds me of when my wife’s aunts were alive and we’d stay at their house on Hornby Island, right on the water looking out at Texada Island. Between this vid and your other pics I’ve got to say you’re living inparadise!

Yes, it is beautiful here on the East Coast of Van Isl.

Storm got worse shortly after that vid, we lost power for a few hours. 

• 7 months later...

I guess there’s no “OMG Tornadic Waterspout” thread, so I’ll just leave this here:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/amp/news/article/ultra-rare-november-tornado-hits-vancouver-british-columbia-damage-reported

We could hear the thunder from the initial supercell, and got some heavy rain, but never saw the tornado. I guess it eventually made landfall out at UBC and did quite a bit of damage, as seen in the YT vid above.

Apparently we have another big storm in the forecast as well, and possibly a few more coming this month.

Supposed to be some high winds today, with thunderstorm risk, and then very high winds tomorrow (potentially 100+ km/h), and continuing Tuesday (but hopefully no more tornadoes):

B8A3BFBB-ECEE-4E4F-AC69-C349048622C3.thumb.jpeg.5a3d71abbdf5cb98234f822de32980a5.jpeg

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42#233018205595528649202111060502ws1171cwvr

• Thanks 1

Wind warning for Metro Vancouver:

Wind warning in effect for:

• Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta

Strong winds near the water today.

Locations: Metro Vancouver regions near the water.

Hazards: Northwest winds 70 km/h gusting to 90 km/h.

Timespan: Near noon through this afternoon for the strongest northwesterly winds.

Remarks: With the passage of the cold front today, southerly winds gusting to 60 km/h this morning will shift to west or northwest winds near noon. These winds will be strongest near the water, with gusts up to 90 km/h possible. For areas away from the water, gusty winds are still possible but are not expected to be as strong. Winds will ease early this evening as the frontal system moves further inland.

High winds may cause tree limbs to break and power outages are possible.

High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

It's been very windy with lots of power outages and flooding in Western WA.  The rain stopped in Seattle, WA. It's sunshine right now but windy. I feel really bad for those people who are stuck in the flooding and no power. I was surprised my power was on when I woke up this morning. 

• Cheers 2