The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Rain?

JoeyBats

Along with ridiculously heavy rain, there was a huge lightning storm around 3am this morning here in Seoul, and I think my apartment was struck. There was a HUGE boom and the whole building shook.

The power was fine though... So I dunno if we were hit or if some neighboring building did.

Edited by BuckyHermit

• 3 weeks later...

25-35mm rain this afternoon says the Weather Network. :(

RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 60 TO 80 MM ARE EXPECTED OVER THE NORTH SHORE MOUNTAINS AND HOWE SOUND TODAY. RAINFALL AMOUNTS UP TO 60 MM ARE EXPECTED OVER NORTHERN SECTIONS OF THE FRASER VALLEY TODAY. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

AN INTENSE FRONTAL SYSTEM CURRENTLY OVER THE NORTH COAST IS GIVING WINDS OF 70 TO 90 KM/H TO THE EAST AND WEST VANCOUVER ISLAND, THE SUNSHINE COAST AND THE WESTERN FRASER VALLEY WHERE SOUTHERLY WINDS OF 50 TO 70 KM/H ARE EXPECTED TODAY BEFORE ABATING OVERNIGHT. THE INTENSE FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL ALSO BRING HEAVY RAINFALL TO HOWE SOUND, THE NORTH SHORE MOUNTAINS AND NORTHERN SECTIONS OF THE FRASER VALLEY TODAY. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 60-80 MM ARE EXPECTED BY FRIDAY. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECASTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.