Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canucklehead666

The HEAVY METAL Thread

What Genre of Metal do you listen to?   121 members have voted

1. 1. What Genre of metal do you listen to the most?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

831 posts in this topic

I've been meaning to buy one of their albums. Listened to their stuff on YouTube. It's awesome. Favourite song is two day booze. Oh.. And I can't wait for mastodon's "the hunter", although I'm not really into curl of the Burl.

I bought their newest album "Dark Ages" and it is great! I highly recommend buying it, every song on it is amazing.

Edited by HailTheVillain

Man, I'm really not digging it so far, but I can't judge until I hear the whole album. But that sort of dark poetry reading totally doesn't go well with the music.

I agree. I don't get the point of getting Metallica as the backup band for it. They're not really cut out for that sort of thing.

Might as well have gotten the Velvet Underground back together instead.

has anyone picked up the new Anthrax album yet? I'm more of an "old school" Anthrax fan (Spreading the Disease, Among the Living, etc.) but from the clips I've heard... I'm just not sure if it's worth getting.

^pretty good sound, might listen some more

Albums I have bought this year:

Lamb of God - Resolution (not bad, listen to when working out or something like that haha)

Cannibal Corpse - Torture (not bad, listen to it around my friends because they hate it haha)

Meshuggah - Koloss (excellent, listen to in all situations!)

I laugh at what people call metal. If there's no double kicks or screaming, it's not metal. Here's a good example of metal (the 30 second mark is quite excellent):

Edited by TheNoelPatrol

I laugh at what people call metal. If there's no double kicks or screaming, it's not metal. Here's a good example of metal (the 30 second mark is quite excellent):

I thought you were being sarcastic till I saw the video.

Iraqi metal band, Acrassicauda

Really diggin' their sound. Just read up on their background and how they escaped Iraq. Awesome, thanks for posting their music.

Edited by BullOnParade