The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The HEAVY METAL Thread

canucklehead666

What Genre of Metal do you listen to?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Metalheads unite!

Well I'm late to this thread, but it's nice to see other metal fans on the boards.

I like pretty much most of the genres in the wide spectrum of metal, from progressive/ tech stuff like Dream Theater and Protest the Hero to extreme bands (death, thrash, black, etc) such as Behemoth, Septic Flesh, Kreator, to power metal acts like Edguy or Stratovarius. I also like symphonic, progressive (my favorite genre), traditional metal heavy metal, and tons of others. If you name a band, odds are I probably have heard of them!

The Human Abstract play a similar genre. Their last album Digital Veil was spectacular.

Those are some good bands bro, I notice most people that are into the technical stuff play something

I bet you have a flying V

Guest Gumballthechewy

The thing about that is he can use google and say 'yes'.

I highly doubt the particular band I'm referring too will show up in google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5qc_SelFjMI

Everyone needs to watch this, now.

call me old fashion... but I've never really been able to get into bands that "growl" or do mostly screaming. About the only exceptions is Fear Factory, Slayer, Testament and Pantera. I think that's why I get more into female fronted metal bands (Leaves' Eyes, Nightwish, Within Temptation, etc.) At least that's the "newer" stuff I listen to that is "metal." Otherwise it's mostly late 80s/early 90s metal (Faith No More, Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica.. up till "Load".)

Best metal concert ever been to?

Mine is Rob Halford, Queensryche and Iron Maiden at "The Roy" (a smaller auditorium that holds only about 5,000 people) about 10 years ago (Maiden was touring in support of "Brave New World")

Those are some good bands bro, I notice most people that are into the technical stuff play something

I bet you have a flying V

No flying V, but I do have a small collection. Nothing fancy though. Playing guitar is one of my favorite things though. I often will practice while watching a game.

Have you ever heard of Hybrid?

The thing about that is he can use google and say 'yes'.

Of course I wouldn't use google... the Metal-Archives are a much better source!

No, haven't heard of them until today. Decent death band though. A similar band I like is Wretched.

I hope I didn't come across as bragging. I don't know every band,it's just the odds are good I have.

call me old fashion... but I've never really been able to get into bands that "growl" or do mostly screaming. About the only exceptions is Fear Factory, Slayer, Testament and Pantera. I think that's why I get more into female fronted metal bands (Leaves' Eyes, Nightwish, Within Temptation, etc.) At least that's the "newer" stuff I listen to that is "metal." Otherwise it's mostly late 80s/early 90s metal (Faith No More, Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica.. up till "Load".)

Best metal concert ever been to?

Mine is Rob Halford, Queensryche and Iron Maiden at "The Roy" (a smaller auditorium that holds only about 5,000 people) about 10 years ago (Maiden was touring in support of "Brave New World")

I saw Halford Queensryche and Maiden at the Pacific Coliseum.. awesome show!

Guest Gumballthechewy

about the only front man missing was Dio and you would have had possibly the greatest concert of "metal frontmen" ever

My only regret in life is never getting to see Dio live.

Archived