The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The HEAVY METAL Thread

canucklehead666

What Genre of Metal do you listen to?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sorry, but very little Ozzy gets me excited anymore. I don't know if it's his age or the whole TV thing... I just don't see him as the "prince of darkness" anymore than I see Twilight as a good vampire movie.

hahahaah true but he is so burnt out that im not even sure if he realizes what is going on around him.

hahahaah true but he is so burnt out that im not even sure if he realizes what is going on around him.

his wife is pulling the strings most of the time (it seems at least.)

But it also ties into most metal and how there really is an "age limit" for some of the performers/musicians depending on their music. I just saw Rush (yeah I know they are more progressive rock than metal) several months ago, and they put on a great show. Meanwhile I passed on AC/DC tickets the last time they were in Minnesota, and I was told by friends that you can tell that everything has been slowed down (tempo.) So a band like AC/DC should just hang it up for good, while Rush can keep going.

Move that to more "metal" bands... and you can see how seeing Dio live even in his late 70s could still be better than seeing Metallica in their late 50s

Guest Gumballthechewy

Move that to more "metal" bands... and you can see how seeing Dio live even in his late 70s could still be better than seeing Metallica in their late 50s

If Dio lived 'till he was 90 he'd still put on the best performance you'd ever see.

his wife is pulling the strings most of the time (it seems at least.)

But it also ties into most metal and how there really is an "age limit" for some of the performers/musicians depending on their music. I just saw Rush (yeah I know they are more progressive rock than metal) several months ago, and they put on a great show. Meanwhile I passed on AC/DC tickets the last time they were in Minnesota, and I was told by friends that you can tell that everything has been slowed down (tempo.) So a band like AC/DC should just hang it up for good, while Rush can keep going.

No shame in seeing rush, any metal band in the world would kill to have Neil

Guest Gumballthechewy

There wouldn't even be metal if it weren't for Rush!

not really...

oh I have no shame in seeing Rush. I was just saying how they aren't really "metal" but more hard rock (and thus because of the music they play, they could actually play into their 70s and still be more entertaining then someone like Ozzy now.)

Do you guys ever listen to an album or playlist and pretend its your band playing a set in front of people you know.

And everyone is like wow is he awesome I had no idea he could sing like that.

*looks around* uhhhhh, no. (closes curtains turns off the lights quickly.)

My only regret in life is never getting to see Dio live.

I saw him at the Coliseum in 1982 with Black Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour. Incredible show. The Outlaws opened and they were awesome, too. Voodoo / Sign Of The Southern Cross / E5150 / Mob Rules ranks up there with ANY 4 consecutive Sabbath songs on any album.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I saw him at the Coliseum in 1982 with Black Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour. Incredible show. The Outlaws opened and they were awesome, too. Voodoo / Sign Of The Southern Cross / E5150 / Mob Rules ranks up there with ANY 4 consecutive Sabbath songs on any album.

Ahhh, lucky. I guess was just... Born Too Late...

:bigblush:

No, wait... That's St. Vitus... Oh well, another great band. ::D

Voodoo and Sign Of The Southern Cross my favourite Dio Sabbath songs.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Mine, too, Chewy!

::D

Call me a liar, you knew

You were a fool but that's cool, it's all right

Call me the Devil, it's true

Some can't accept but I crept inside you

Best. Verse. Ever.

My only regret in life is never getting to see Dio live.

You had many chances too.

I saw him with Dio a few times, but before he died I saw him numerous times with his old Sabbath team Heaven and Hell.

Couple times with Queensryche, another time with I think Megadeth or Machine Head, another with Alice Cooper.

Do you play in a band?

I played drums in some crappy punk bands in the mid 90's while i was in highschool. basically carried a polka beat with some lame fills while my buddies played 3 cords and my other buddy squeeked out the most horrible sounding vocals in the history of the world.

like worse than Mick Jagger vocals.

always dreamed of being wicked good and playing infront of my school and all the women including my hot english teacher would be all over me.

Like Zit Remedy

I have shared too much.

Archived