The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The HEAVY METAL Thread

canucklehead666

What Genre of Metal do you listen to?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure if anyone is down with Lake of Tears but the headstones album is the best of the heavy, they have since gone kinda fantasy/gothic

Im a big fan of everything they do

Excuse the corny video, I dont think they are big enuff for a video when this came out

does this qualify as opera?

To me, yup. That qualifies as opera, Zamboni. Amazingly talented vocalist, just not my thing. Not a big fan of vibrato. Great range. Don't care much for the beatzzz, either. The strings are sweet, though.

Thanks for exposing me to something new, though. ::D

To me, yup. That qualifies as opera, Zamboni. Amazingly talented vocalist, just not my thing. Not a big fan of vibrato. Great range. Don't care much for the beatzzz, either. The strings are sweet, though.

Thanks for exposing me to something new, though. ::D

actually here's one that I listen to before hockey games (when I am driving to my own games.) Yes I know it's not metal.. but still an epic song (and good example of how classical and opera are the "early" forms of metal)

Not sure if anyone is down with Lake of Tears but the headstones album is the best of the heavy, they have since gone kinda fantasy/gothic

Im a big fan of everything they do

Excuse the corny video, I dont think they are big enuff for a video when this came out

something is "off" for me.. vocals don't seem to really match up with the rest of the band (overall tone and sound of the vocals.) The raspy sound really doesn't work in his voice. Sounds kinda "forced" for the sake of sounding like the middle between raspy and actual singing. Does he always sing like that?

actually here's one that I listen to before hockey games (when I am driving to my own games.) Yes I know it's not metal.. but still an epic song (and good example of how classical and opera are the "early" forms of metal)

You're right, Zamboni. Epic piece. Not my thing, though. I played in concert band, orchestra, jazz band and dixieland band in High school and I absolutely loved it... just like I love the instruments in "Carmina Burana". I just don't dig opera singers...

Except this one...

And these ones...

OK...maybe not these ones!

:lol:

how could you have not liked this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI9Nbt7oJG0

:lol:

I LOVE this one, dude! I own every Bugs Bunny ever released, as far as I am aware. Just didn't want to post 3 vids in a post. Had to throw in the Hillbillys!

I was gonna post Metallica doing "Kill The Wabbit", too, but it didn't really fit.

Guest Gumballthechewy

hear of both bands, listened to some of Anvil (obviously because of the "story of Anvil") and it just wasn't my cup o tea (I'm weird like that.. some bands I just don't like for any reason... System of a Down is one of them.) Never actually listened to Annihilator (only heard of them from a mention on TMS.)

I love them both, Annihilator's album Alice In Hell is an awesome album I recommend it or at least giving Crystal Ann/Alison Hell a listen.

I love Anvil so much and I'm glad I watched the documentary and discovered them. The lyrics are so stupid and tongue-in-cheek, or in other words, Canadian! :P

Even if you don't like Anvil, for the sake of being a Canadian hockey fan please listen to this song!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Hey, anybody heard of Candlemass? I just found them today and this song kicks ass!

Agree with me or I break your legs!

Guest Gumballthechewy

^are you sure their name isn't candlemassicus? :P

Mayhaps, however your legs shall still become broken.

By me.

To break.

Legs.

I'm gonna break your legs!

I am a gothic guy and these guys are like gods to me.

They have a pile of albums

These guys should be the gods of this earth!

When I heard about them I looked up their discography and saw their first album, best album name ever!

Epicus

Doomicus

Metallicus

Guest Gumballthechewy

im sorry if candlemass comes without this video posted its a sin against evil

Ha ha! This guys looks crack me up! He looks like William Murderface. DETHKLOK!!!!!!

I bought their first four albums from iTunes today, so far this is one if my favourite of their songs!

Archived