The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The HEAVY METAL Thread

canucklehead666

What Genre of Metal do you listen to?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Your band isn't too bad either.

wow really? im glad ya like us, I think most ppl dont really like us but oh well we have fun and are only a 3 pc. I wanna add some trippy synth/keys to our live show soon....and maybe someday come to vancouver and play a club or 2.

wow really? im glad ya like us, I think most ppl dont really like us but oh well we have fun and are only a 3 pc. I wanna add some trippy synth/keys to our live show soon....and maybe someday come to vancouver and play a club or 2.

Well the majority of people are quite religious when it comes to their taste in music, but I for one am quite open to the diversity.

For a power trio, the sound in your recordings fill out quite nicely, although the vocals seem to lack that "kick" in a couple of songs, regardless I've always been a fan of raw sounding recordings. It just feels more real to me.

I can sense a little bit of Tool in your bands sound, especially in a song like Mecca and Sweet Release, both of which fukn rock by the way. What are you bands influences?

I think synth/keys would definitely help fill out parts of the songs you have up on you myspace. I was never a fan of synth/keys in metal/rock songs, but after listening to bands like Opeth and other death metal acts which incorporate those instruments, I began to appreciate the overall musicianship in having that extra palette of sound. It definitely gives a song that epic feel.

You definitely have to let CDC know if you guys are playing a show in Vancouver. I'll be there.

Well the majority of people are quite religious when it comes to their taste in music, but I for one am quite open to the diversity.

For a power trio, the sound in your recordings fill out quite nicely, although the vocals seem to lack that "kick" in a couple of songs, regardless I've always been a fan of raw sounding recordings. It just feels more real to me.

I can sense a little bit of Tool in your bands sound, especially in a song like Mecca and Sweet Release, both of which fukn rock by the way. What are you bands influences?

I think synth/keys would definitely help fill out parts of the songs you have up on you myspace. I was never a fan of synth/keys in metal/rock songs, but after listening to bands like Opeth and other death metal acts which incorporate those instruments, I began to appreciate the overall musicianship in having that extra palette of sound. It definitely gives a song that epic feel.

You definitely have to let CDC know if you guys are playing a show in Vancouver. I'll be there.

right on thanks for the good input....we actually had a really hard time during the recording process from day one and the end result was to say the least, a dissapointment....we sound a million times better live and also have gone through some changes since recording....we got ourselves a new and much better drummer now and have a few really good newer songs that im anxious to record soon....mecca and sweet release are definately the direction we seem to be going with our sound....sort of heady yet still rockin in spots where needed...we have a huge range of influences for sure....from tool to meshuggah to helmet, ministry, sepultura, porcupine tree, pink floyd, rush, etc...etc....really tons of bands influence us too many to list obviously. Im hoping that after we do some local gigs and re-record with the new drummer that we will be ready to hit up bigger towns and venues and try to get it goin bigger. Any ideas from you about where to play our style of music or who to talk to up there in Vancity would be totally helpful sometime in the not so distant future.

Thanks again for the kudos and now its time for me to get my arse to band practice, catch ya real soon!! and HAIL METAL!!!

right on thanks for the good input....we actually had a really hard time during the recording process from day one and the end result was to say the least, a dissapointment....we sound a million times better live and also have gone through some changes since recording....we got ourselves a new and much better drummer now and have a few really good newer songs that im anxious to record soon....mecca and sweet release are definately the direction we seem to be going with our sound....sort of heady yet still rockin in spots where needed...we have a huge range of influences for sure....from tool to meshuggah to helmet, ministry, sepultura, porcupine tree, pink floyd, rush, etc...etc....really tons of bands influence us too many to list obviously. Im hoping that after we do some local gigs and re-record with the new drummer that we will be ready to hit up bigger towns and venues and try to get it goin bigger. Any ideas from you about where to play our style of music or who to talk to up there in Vancity would be totally helpful sometime in the not so distant future.

Thanks again for the kudos and now its time for me to get my arse to band practice, catch ya real soon!! and HAIL METAL!!!

No problem. But yeah, if we we're all millionaires we'd be able to afford quality producers with epic gear to make a record sound professional. Live performances are the way to go anyways. That's how you really gauge the skill of a band. I've seen Tool and Rush live in the past few years and they put on a really amazing live show, and still sound just like their recordings.

You've listed some great prog/rock/metal bands, and I can definitely hear those influences in your songs. It's too bad the city of Vancouver had to go and murder the Cobalt. That was THE place for metal in this city. I was lucky enough to play a show there before they shut the place down. Now that I think about it, it was the last time I performed live as well. Ahh, Good times.

As for other venues, it would probably depend on other bands you're playing with and the style of metal they play, but places like The Media Club, or Pub 340 could definitely host a prog/metal night.

I'm sure there are a lot of metal heads in this thread that have hook ups to promoters and venues through whatever means, that would be more than happy to help you.

ill, just been listening to your stuff, solid man. I can totally see where a keyboard in songs like Mecca would be an awesome addition. If you end up in Vancouver I may deffinatly have to make a trip down to the coast

thanks bro!!! we still gotta find a place to play and stay up there, but hopefully someday soon we'll get up there and rock out!!! ^5

Archived