1460 replies to this topic

#931 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Since the forums are being reorganized, the Canucks Prospects forum should be promoted from a subforum. It's hiding inside Canucks Talk right now.

I'm not so sure that's necessary. The "Canucks Prospects & Chicago Wolves" section isn't very active. At most, there are a few posts each day. As of now, it's easy to access that subforum directly from Canucks Talk.

What's with all the Spiderman crap in so many threads? There's too many threads that are 5-6 pages long with only 3-4 pages of actual commentary. The rest are retarded Spiderman memes. Just delete the Spiderman posts and if they keep appearing, ban people.

People have been using this meme as a means to derail threads. This has been a problem for much of the forum, as any time people generally disagree about the topic, they will attempt to derail it as efficiently as possible.

I agree there needs to be a crackdown on such posts. I believe posts in the Hockey discussion sections should be at least one full sentence in length; on another forum I frequent, there is a minimum word limit of four words per post.

In terms of the format of the current forum directory, I would suggest perhaps converting the "Junior Hockey Discussion" forum into a subsection of the General Hockey Discussion forum. The former is not active at all, consisting of only 91 topics and with few and infrequent posts. Only those knowledgeable about junior hockey tend to visit that section; I feel moving it to General Hockey Discussion would simplify the forum directory, and perhaps even provide more traffic to that section.

Also, somebody may want to move the NBA thread into the "Other Sports" section. I don't think it belongs in the Gaming section.

Edited by WeatherWise, 02 July 2012 - 09:01 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#932 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'm not so sure that's necessary. The "Canucks Prospects & Chicago Wolves" section isn't very active. At most, there are a few posts each day. As of now, it's easy to access that subforum directly from Canucks Talk.

It's inactive because it's buried inside Canucks Talk. It's not easily accessible. I don't think I'm in the minority that use the main forum page as a gateway and scroll past all of the pinned topics and subforums.

Posted Image

#933 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

It's inactive because it's buried inside Canucks Talk. It's not easily accessible. I don't think I'm in the minority that use the main forum page as a gateway and scroll past all of the pinned topics and subforums.

Perhaps promoting the Canucks Prospects forum into a main section and demoting Junior Hockey Talk into an extension of General Hockey Discussion would be a plausible scenario. Of course, all subsequent prospect threads made in Canucks Talk would need to be moved to Canucks Prospects.

I still don't feel there is enough substance to warrant the Prospects forum being its own section. Very few of us can actually watch the Chicago Wolves, and only the team's very best prospects are discussed in great length. If we could follow that team, there would be plenty to discuss. The only topics we can discuss, however, are their development and their chances of reaching the main club.

Throughout most of the year, there is little to discuss about players like Alexandre Mallet and Wesley Myron. Most discussion about the major prospects, such as Jordan Schroeder, already takes place in Canucks Talk.

Edited by WeatherWise, 03 July 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#934 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,176 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Weird.... A member who registered in '06 with over 1,000 posts is listed as 'Validating'

:blink:

307mg00.jpg

#935 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Weird.... A member who registered in '06 with over 1,000 posts is listed as 'Validating'

:blink:

Who cares ?? Geeze bro..

#936 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 72,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Just a thought,

Members who have been registered on CDC for at least 45 days can make a thread.

What do you guys think? Fair?

307mg00.jpg

#937 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

I wouldn't mind this.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#938 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

Just a thought,

Members who have been registered on CDC for at least 45 days can make a thread.

What do you guys think? Fair?

We've tried it and it hasn't gone well. New users get too confused and discouraged, and it creates a class system. In the rare event new threads from new users becomes a problem, we temporarily switch Canucks talk to require new topic approval.

#939 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I think something need to be in CT......just today there have mutliple thread that wasnt need/lack substance and one that just disrespect Luc Bourdon completely (and the OP has over 1000 post).......

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#940 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

This is a message to the moderators. I would like to request that you do something I think you did well when the site was hounded during significant events.

Request: Could you please approve threads before they are submitted and open for viewing?

This is regarding the approval of threads. I feel a couple of things will be accomplished by this:

1. A news item will be a news item once. When Cody Hodgson was traded, the thread count was frightening. Approving the initial (or best presented) thread as the official thread would save us all a lot of time searching for the original thread.

2. This leads to less redundant threads. It is a known fact that our search engine can, at times, be hard to navigate. If there is one official thread for any given topic, it will be simple to find, and this will encourage users to use the search feature.

3. This will eliminate trolling. I read a topic the other day, and the entire topic consisted of the word, "hey." This is complete nonsense. My computer takes a long time to load each page, and clicking that wasted a good five minutes.

Exceptions:

1. If a topic has been open for months and months, and the topic is re-posted (not as a news item) could you allow another to open for the sake of dialogue. This will allow the person who is interested in debate and have a chance to recieve a reply. On topics that have been open for months, it is a known fact that traffic will be less frequent in those areas.

2. Could you make sure that the topic is indeed redundant and not just about the same person? Ex: "Cody Hodgson was traded today!" or "how can we replace cody's offence?". These two topics are not related and I believe it is appropriate to leave the topic open if this is the case.

Please take the time to consider this request, moderators. This is something I am sure other users have noticed during their time on CDC. Thank-you.

USERS: If you would like to see these changes please say so below.

Thank-you.
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#941 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

What's the point of locking topics? In my opinion they should be deleted,of there locked people can still read them.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#942 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

They serve as an example from time to time.

#943 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,071 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Honestly don't mind new posters making threads, even if they're redundant, if it bugs you that much then don't open them cause the mods know what they're doing, not every new poster is immature. Many of them are very insightful and knowledgeable.

Don't think we should have the minimum 100 posts or "45 day" rule.

Simply just ignore the trolls.. Mods will deal with it and in the end you might get a good chuckle out of it.

Edited by Armada, 18 July 2012 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#944 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Honestly don't mind new posters making threads, even if they're redundant, if it bugs you that much then don't open them cause the mods know what they're doing, not every new poster is immature. Many of them are very insightful and knowledgeable.

Don't think we should have the minimum 100 posts or "45 day" rule.

Simply just ignore the trolls.. Mods will deal with it and in the end you might get a good chuckle out of it.

Or you can just not go in Canucks Talk at all, and save wasting your time sifting through crap.

Edited by Bryan McCabe.24, 18 July 2012 - 05:54 PM.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#945 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Or you can just not go in Canucks Talk at all, and save wasting your time sifting through crap.

I don't believe that would be a sensible solution to the problem, though. Turning a blind eye to the issue will not make it disappear. As members, we can try to avoid duplicate threads and troll posts, but such content continues to persist throughout the entire forum.

In my opinion, one of the possible ways to keep the forums clean would be to establish a more complete and comprehensive patrol of the message boards. The moderators currently do a wonderful job when they're online, but they need to be available more often. A few extra assistants could go a long way towards keeping this forum in good health. I support your earlier suggestion that the moderating team could use some help with such housekeeping while they address more important matters.

I do not think very highly of the thread approval method, as it can cause many of the complications Stealth has already discussed in this section.

Edited by WeatherWise, 19 July 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#946 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi Mods,

Just looking at the page links above each topic that are located in the gray bar at the top of each topic.

Ex. PAGE 32 of 32 30 31 32

I wonder why you don't include more pages when you have so much room. If I am reading a 32 page topic and then exit when I come back in I get

PAGE 1 of 1 1 2 3 ->

Why wouldn't you include as many pages as possible so that user's can go to any page they want as compared to moving ahead 2 pages at a time and having to click 5 times to get to page 17?

PAGE 1 of 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ->

Thanks,

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#947 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Anyone else having issues with the board this morning? I can't see any images, like avatars. I'm using Google Chrome.

#948 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

i'm using chrome too, and i have no issues.

#949 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hmmm... Any ideas how to fix it? All I see is the broken image icon for like 90% of the images. A few work.

#950 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

I don't believe that would be a sensible solution to the problem, though. Turning a blind eye to the issue will not make it disappear. As members, we can try to avoid duplicate threads and troll posts, but such content continues to persist throughout the entire forum.

In my opinion, one of the possible ways to keep the forums clean would be to establish a more complete and comprehensive patrol of the message boards. The moderators currently do a wonderful job when they're online, but they need to be available more often. A few extra assistants could go a long way towards keeping this forum in good health. I support your earlier suggestion that the moderating team could use some help with such housekeeping while they address more important matters.

I do not think very highly of the thread approval method, as it can cause many of the complications Stealth has already discussed in this section.

I've been saying this for so long...and my post was sarcasm.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#951 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hi Mods,

Just looking at the page links above each topic that are located in the gray bar at the top of each topic.

Ex. PAGE 32 of 32 30 31 32

I wonder why you don't include more pages when you have so much room. If I am reading a 32 page topic and then exit when I come back in I get

PAGE 1 of 1 1 2 3 ->

Why wouldn't you include as many pages as possible so that user's can go to any page they want as compared to moving ahead 2 pages at a time and having to click 5 times to get to page 17?

PAGE 1 of 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ->

Thanks,

All you have to do is
Click PAGE 1 of 1 and type in 17 and it'll take you to page 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#952 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

How do I put a link in my sig ?

I had it before from like a year ago, now I forgot. Don't laugh.

I want it to show a thread http://forum.canucks...-poker-round-2/ then have it say "CDC Poker"

2013 CDC Poker, it's coming soon to a forum near you!

Posted Image

#953 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,045 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

How do I put a link in my sig ?

I had it before from like a year ago, now I forgot. Don't laugh.

I want it to show a thread http://forum.canucks...-poker-round-2/ then have it say "CDC Poker"

When you are editing your signature simply type out the text you want to use, then highlight it with your mouse and select the link icon. Then input the URL of the thread and you are done. I put it in your signature for you as an example.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

#954 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Thanks!!

2013 CDC Poker, it's coming soon to a forum near you!

Posted Image

#955 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Why lock this topic?
http://forum.canucks...8#entry10796038
It should be deleted.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#956 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Why lock this topic?
http://forum.canucks...8#entry10796038
It should be deleted.

Why are people posting topics such as these? Is this a means to troll people? What is this...?
Posted Image

#957 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Is this pic PG13 enough to post on the board? Just curious as I'm thinking of a new sig and this pic has been posted here and remains. Just double checking so as not to post something that shouldn't be.

Posted Image

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 20 July 2012 - 09:29 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#958 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Is this pic PG13 enough to post on the board? Just curious as I'm thinking of a new sig and this pic has been posted here and remains. Just double checking so as not to post something that shouldn't be.

Posted Image

Personally, I'd disallow it.
Posted Image

#959 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Personally, I'd disallow it.

It's Kate Upton, how dare you.

3Goktj2.jpg

#960 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

She is very pretty. I would allow it but I am BIASED :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.