1447 replies to this topic

#1111 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

The lag/unresponsive issue has become significantly worse for me since the season began (I assume due to increased traffic). It's to the point that the forum is inaccessible or at least unusable due to long delays in loading pages. Oddly enough, it seems to be worse during the day. I was actually able to get in during and after the Chicago game (much to my shock!) but I have trouble almost every morning when I try. I've become so frustrated I often give up by the time the first screen finally loads, if I even get that far. The issue is persistent on both my desktop PC and Android tablet.

I'm not sure if others are having similar experiences nor what can be done about it. But, I just thought I'd post in case there is something can be done.

EDIT: Example: This message took almost a full minute (yes, I was watching the clock out of curiosity) to actually be posted after I click the "Post" button. This was not the slowest experience I've had at the forum today.

Edited by poetica, 04 February 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#1112 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Not unique to you Poetica.

I experience it at all times of the day.

(but not all the time)
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#1113 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

It's the same for me, Shift. Sometimes it's fine, other times it's just a little slow and sometimes it's absolutely unusable. I've experience all of the above today alone.

I'd say I'm glad to know it's not just me but I'm not. Sorry you're having troubles too. :(
Go, Canucks, Go!

#1114 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Quick question: Why can't we start a topic in this section of the forum?

307mg00.jpg

#1115 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

How does the tagging of discussions work?
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#1116 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hi. Just wondering, back when I first joined this forum in late 2011 I picked a warning and I believe 5 penalty points. I was used to the relative rough and tumble of the martial arts, boxing and kickboxing forums at the time and it took me a few weeks to adjust to the more cordial atmosphere here. In the first weeks I was here I must have crossed the line somewhere. Well this warning expired well over a year ago and yet below my join date it still refers to my warning points with a number 0.Over a year after this single minor transgression I'm wondering when I will be free of this 'scarlet letter', so to speak?

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#1117 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,572 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Did the stats for this Board change?

1,441 Most Online - Yesterday at 10:05 pm.

I remember it being over 3000 before.

307mg00.jpg

#1118 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Suggestion:

Previewing topics, I've noticed on other boards.... when you hover your mouse over the thread title you get to view the first few sentences by the OP on that topic.

This would be pretty helpful.

Edited by key2thecup, 21 February 2013 - 01:20 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#1119 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hi. Just wondering, back when I first joined this forum in late 2011 I picked a warning and I believe 5 penalty points. I was used to the relative rough and tumble of the martial arts, boxing and kickboxing forums at the time and it took me a few weeks to adjust to the more cordial atmosphere here. In the first weeks I was here I must have crossed the line somewhere. Well this warning expired well over a year ago and yet below my join date it still refers to my warning points with a number 0.Over a year after this single minor transgression I'm wondering when I will be free of this 'scarlet letter', so to speak?

I think that's just always there. I see it below my join date too. I think it's just a feature of the forum now, and not related to whether or not you've ever had warning points.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#1120 captain_kirk1

captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

What happened to the 'Stats' tab on the right hand side on the front page of the Canucks website?

I'm not sure where to ask this sorry...

Usually there was 'Standings', 'Schedule' and 'Stats' & 'Last Game'

Once CDC went under construction, things changed.

I would like that tab back!

#1121 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

There are banned members "resurrecting" and being able to post. Yet, one cannot view their profiles. Can you fix that bug?
Posted Image

#1122 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

There are banned members "resurrecting" and being able to post. Yet, one cannot view their profiles. Can you fix that bug?

I assume you're talking about Rypien37, ya? That's the only one I've come across.

Don't worry, it's only the ghost of Rick Rypien. He just wants to punch you.

Edited by The Bookie, 22 February 2013 - 03:10 AM.

#1123 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

What happened to the 'Stats' tab on the right hand side on the front page of the Canucks website?

I'm not sure where to ask this sorry...

Usually there was 'Standings', 'Schedule' and 'Stats' & 'Last Game'

Once CDC went under construction, things changed.

I would like that tab back!

There's a Stats button along the top bar on the main page, just below the "Fan Zone" or "Our Team, Our Way" banner. Maybe that's what you're looking for?
Go, Canucks, Go!

#1124 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

I assume you're talking about Rypien37, ya? That's the only one I've come across.

Don't worry, it's only the ghost of Rick Rypien. He just wants to punch you.

Nathan MacKinnon, too. Also, I'm talking to the mods.
Posted Image

#1125 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

It's a forum, people can respond to questions that you pose

As for Nathan MacKinnon - I haven't seen him in a long while. Rypien37 is the only banned member I know that can post.

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#1126 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

It's a forum, people can respond to questions that you pose

As for Nathan MacKinnon - I haven't seen him in a long while. Rypien37 is the only banned member I know that can post.

Nathan MacKinnon used to do that, too.
Posted Image

#1127 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,630 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Nathan MacKinnon could only post after he was banned for like 30 minutes.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#1128 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Can we have the ability to see who plussed your post added?

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#1129 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

oh c'mon, it was just a joke.

#1130 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Just noticed that someone had quoted one of my posts in a GDT but nothing was ever listed in my notifications. It wasn't a big deal but it did make me wonder if I've missed any other quotes because I wasn't notified.

It shouldn't matter but my post was the second post quoted in their reply. Perhaps that had something to do with it, though I've never seen it matter before. Just thought I'd mention it in case others were having the same issue.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#1131 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

I never actually realized there was any kind of notification frm being quoted.

#1132 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

I never actually realized there was any kind of notification frm being quoted.

Right above the "New Content" button there's a mail icon, a notification icon and then your use name (with menu). When someone quotes one of your posts it's supposed to change the notification icon (assuming you have it set to notify you of quotes in your account settings.) Then, when you click on the icon you can see who quoted you and in what thread, and click on the post link to go directly to it. Makes it easier to keep up with conversations in active threads.

Edited by poetica, 26 February 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Go, Canucks, Go!

#1133 Bertorama

Bertorama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Canucks Forums are so much fun.

For the good the bad and the utterly stupid posts we all enjoy the read and respond.

Please allow for a pinned forum that allows for ridiculous and flagrant posts that are geared towards evoking a response not profanity just stupidity. Like a train wreck or plane crash everyone loves to comment or look but often you push this forum to a lock out to allow for valid posts. But why not allow for one long term guilty pleasure.?

thcanucks_skate_spin.gif

#1134 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Canucks Forums are so much fun.

For the good the bad and the utterly stupid posts we all enjoy the read and respond.

Please allow for a pinned forum that allows for ridiculous and flagrant posts that are geared towards evoking a response not profanity just stupidity. Like a train wreck or plane crash everyone loves to comment or look but often you push this forum to a lock out to allow for valid posts. But why not allow for one long term guilty pleasure.?

With all due respect, a spam thread as well as a Cultimultural Forum have been made to accommodate such "guilty pleasure" at any time and date. However, taking this "guilty pleasure" towards Canucks Talk and GDTs, heavily criticizing every single mistake or blunder Canucks player or coach makes, and then aggrandizing these spams to the point of removing or trading away players are preposterous, and should not be allowed in this forum.

I hope the moderators see the ubiquitous spams around the forum and ban those who have clearly been non-contributory and violating the rules of this forum. :)
Posted Image

#1135 Power Fist

Power Fist

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

With all due respect, a spam thread as well as a Cultimultural Forum have been made to accommodate such "guilty pleasure" at any time and date. However, taking this "guilty pleasure" towards Canucks Talk and GDTs, heavily criticizing every single mistake or blunder Canucks player or coach makes, and then aggrandizing these spams to the point of removing or trading away players are preposterous, and should not be allowed in this forum.

I hope the moderators see the ubiquitous spams around the forum and ban those who have clearly been non-contributory and violating the rules of this forum. :)

right or wrong....... Whatv T.V. program gets higher ratings.

Fraser Or Big brother

TO each his own.

2008.jpg

Linden and Benning. I have Faith

#1136 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

The mods are totally clueless. They're like the refs in tonight's game. Hungry for blood. My latest thread is valid. They just closed it without explanation.

Then again, I'm not one if their favorites.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#1137 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,572 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

The mods are totally clueless. They're like the refs in tonight's game. Hungry for blood. My latest thread is valid. They just closed it without explanation.

Then again, I'm not one if their favorites.

Explanation is right here: http://forum.canucks.../#entry11186165

307mg00.jpg

#1138 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi guys, I had a suggestion that maybe the Admins and Moderators could look into.

Recently I've noticed that spam is becoming more and more frequent, with spammers being able to flood an entire topic with 30 posts in the space of 10 minutes, making it difficult to follow a thread.

My suggestion is that perhaps after making a membership, members should be limited to how many posts they are allowed (maybe 5 a day?).

This would prevent spammers flooding the forums with garbage, while at the same time allowing true members to continue having unlimited posts.

---------------------------

Yeah, it's scripts like Paladium XRumer which allow people to spam the forums so rapidly. When we were on the custom boards a few weeks ago, there was far less spam. I know how we all complained because it was slower, but it was also harder to bypass the security, so we sacrificed some level of security for speed by going back to the old Invision Power Board design to some extent. I know of other forum software that has far less issues with spammers and the communities are a lot larger by miles. Honestly the NHL would be better off using a custom forum design and upping the living hell out of their security features as well as having forum posting limitations. There looks to be zero flood control on this forum now, I seriously saw a newly registered bot account that had over 400 posts in the span of 4 and a half hours. That is 89 posts per hour, or 1.5 posts a minute. Posting limitations should be set at one post every 5 minutes (sorry for the folks in the GDT's) because it's needed, and new accounts should not be allowed to even make posts without moderator approval of the first post. Sure, this may detract new posters to the forum, but it would quell the spamming pretty darn fast.
Posted Image

#1139 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

hi, I'd like to know about the thinking behind members changing their usernames. I don't know too much about it, if there's a limit to how often it can be done, etc. But it's something I'm not used to, my two most frequently visited sites don't allow it, and they have a much lower frequency of attacks/internet fights/whatever. I wonder if some people of the 'troll' variety find it easy to push people around, then switch their name so that they're not easily recognizable?

At the very least, would it be possible to see the list of previous usernames by hovering over their name?

#1140 Bertorama

Bertorama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

I wouldn't want to be offensive toward the young Canuck fans. What about a "beer gardens" forum for those of us who are over 18. And are not offended by swearing and hard comments. It happens on the ice and in the stands but for some reason the forums don't allow for it. I understand a need for positive conversation but that is also very narrow minded to not allow an opportunity for freedom of speech. I just think there is an easy win opportunity for the Canucks forum to be progressive and lead the way. There is money to be made if in the over 18 forum you had sponsor pay forn advertising that may not be appropriate on the normal forum such as alcohol.

Just my thoughts. I have been a part of many positive topics and I am not a part of the board because im a complainer. I just thought it might be a good idea. Think outside the box and great things happen.

thcanucks_skate_spin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.