The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 2004 REVAMPED

250Integra

We have managed to create some unique features to the game... something that no other hockey game has.

Like the interface, it has full box scores (even from the AI simmed games), team reports, GameCast (WIP), etc. etc.

This has been possible because the frontend is all html/JavaScript which allows us to add virtually ANYTHING there. Personally, I find lack of proper statistics and box scores a huge problem in new NHL titles.

You can check the previews here:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/flyermania/index.php?showtopic=1864

Our mod also extracts full box score from each and every played game automatically to your \nhl 2004\stats folder. Then you can archive all your game boxscores there or even share the stats in the forum. Check this thread for example:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/flyermania/index.php?showtopic=2657

Not to mention we have all genuine goal songs (individually for each team). You can make a custom fighting music for Vancouver Canucks if you want. We have also cracked the camera system so you can use pretty much any angle you like.

Hey guys, try reading the thread.

Hey guys, I found this thread from my YouTube insight stats.

I'm part of this mod development team. Just wanted to say hi and show you the 1996/1997 mod with the old Canucks ice. I find the revamped 2004 much more genuine hockey experience than the next gen console hockey games. Maybe it's not quite as nice looking but it has "blood and guts" and a superb ai.

(scroll to 4:08):

Link to the actual mods are here.

http://z6.invisionfr...hp?showforum=11

PS: Good luck against the Hawks tonight...!!

I own NHL 2004 and really love it. Joe Sakic is on the cover and I have so many memories playing the 02/03 Canucks lineup on PS2.

However I don't understand the hate on NHL 10. Since the skill stick has been introduced I have just loved this franchise.

It pisses me off that stupid kids do fake donkey over the top dekes and score. But I love the controls. I feel like I have so much control.

I have no idea about the player models... I doubt they can be modded. They would have done that already if it was possible.

This mod is not primarily for people who think eyecandy is the priority... NG games win in that department, there is no contest. But just wanted to show that it looks pretty good for an older game (after the mods). 2004 mod has advantage in ai (imho), adjustability, interface and all those extra features. And all stuff is "genuine"... like boards, sounds, jumbotrons, goal horns, goal songs, upper ads, etc. etc.

In my opinion, way too much attention has always been given to the eyecandy... how some player faces, skates and sticks look, etc. How about adding proper stats instead? NHL 09 and 10 have pathetic interfaces... you can't even view the box scores from the season games. PES 2010 is another good example of that... it looks great but it's a hollow game inside. I love the presentation in NHL 2k10 though... too bad the actual gameplay is average at best.

But yeah, you're right... player animations in replays is the area where 2004 shows its age. For most of us it's not a big deal.

I have no idea about the player models... I doubt they can be modded. They would have done that already if it was possible.

This mod is not primarily for people who think eyecandy is the priority... NG games win in that department, there is no contest. But just wanted to show that it looks pretty good for an older game (after the mods). 2004 mod has advantage in ai (imho), adjustability, interface and all those extra features. And all stuff is "genuine"... like boards, sounds, jumbotrons, goal horns, goal songs, upper ads, etc. etc.

In my opinion, way too much attention has always been given to the eyecandy... how some player faces, skates and sticks look, etc. How about adding proper stats instead? NHL 09 and 10 have pathetic interfaces... you can't even view the box scores from the season games. PES 2010 is another good example of that... it looks great but it's a hollow game inside. I love the presentation in NHL 2k10 though... too bad the actual gameplay is average at best.

But yeah, you're right... player animations in replays is the area where 2004 shows its age. For most of us it's not a big deal.

Archived