• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

First of all I cant see Washington making this move. Semin has really stepped up this year and unless they believe that he has reached a peak and want to get the most value for him (which this deal hardly is), then I dont see him moving. If you cancel out the bieksa/alzner part in this deal, and just look at what's left, Samuelsson isnt close to Semin and at this point in the season our first round pick holds the least amount of value. Second, it just creates more cap problems. Good thought but I just do not see this happening, but then again im not a GM or a self proclaimed hockey expert so I could be wrong

You people are crazy wanting to trade away Hodgson! The guy is going to be a big impact player in the league one day. He is very smart, has great hockey sense and see`s the ice amazingly. His speed is something that can be worked on, like the Sedin`s have done,and you cannot question his will to succeed. He will work just as hard, if not harder every day to make that happen.

I remember a few years ago people were calling for the Sedin`s to be traded, and how they were dud`s, where are those people now? Who thought that Ryan Kesler was going to put up numbers like he has so far this season? Everyone thought he would top out between 70 and 80 points, not score more then 30 goals and be a reliable defensive center to match up against others top lines. He didnt get up to the next tier just by luck, he had to work on it. Change parts of his game so he could excel in other areas.

To give up on a guy and assume his peak levels are already defined when he isnt even 21 is just crazy. You didnt see Henrik putting up 112 points and winning the Hart and Art Ross, You didnt see Kesler finding a whole new offensive touch, and you dont know how good Hodgson will be. Why dont we wait and find out rather then kicking ourselves in the rears because we traded away what turned out to be a great player.

You people are crazy wanting to trade away Hodgson! The guy is going to be a big impact player in the league one day. He is very smart, has great hockey sense and see`s the ice amazingly. His speed is something that can be worked on, like the Sedin`s have done,and you cannot question his will to succeed. He will work just as hard, if not harder every day to make that happen.

I remember a few years ago people were calling for the Sedin`s to be traded, and how they were dud`s, where are those people now? Who thought that Ryan Kesler was going to put up numbers like he has so far this season? Everyone thought he would top out between 70 and 80 points, not score more then 30 goals and be a reliable defensive center to match up against others top lines. He didnt get up to the next tier just by luck, he had to work on it. Change parts of his game so he could excel in other areas.

To give up on a guy and assume his peak levels are already defined when he isnt even 21 is just crazy. You didnt see Henrik putting up 112 points and winning the Hart and Art Ross, You didnt see Kesler finding a whole new offensive touch, and you dont know how good Hodgson will be. Why dont we wait and find out rather then kicking ourselves in the rears because we traded away what turned out to be a great player.

What's with the whole "Parise to Canucks!" stuff lately? It kind of reminds me of the "Lucic to Canucks!", "Heatley to Canucks!", "Malkin to Canucks!" stuff from a while back.

If the rumours out of NJ are true, and Parise wants out then we have talent to get him. I believe he is able to start playing somewhere around the trade deadline so if Lou is to do something it will be done near the deadline. As for what and who we would have to give up for Parise is another question. Devils are going to want to dump another salary to whoever takes him, which could also work in that teams favor especialy trading to any contender because they are all close to the cap. I believe that something like this may work.:

To Vancouver

Parise

2nd

To NJ

Raymond

Samuelsson

Connauton

1st

In doing this trade we loose no one on our back end and able to fit Salo under the cap. Although it seems that we have given up alot Parise is Raymonds replacement on the second line and Hansen will slide into the third line for Samuelsson to give that line more speed which is better for us. Yes we loose a dam good prospect in Connauton; but really he is not needed as soon as we resign Ehrhoff. I don't like trading away draft picks but really if we win it all we might as well be in the second round anyways. NJ takes back a little more cap than they probably wantr to but gain to legit players who are signed through next year. As well they are getting a puck moving defeneman which they have none of to jump in there line up next year.

If this trade was to happen and the cap going to 62m like suggested our lineup could look like this.:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Zach Parise ($5.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Cody Hodgson ($1.666m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Raffi Torres ($1.500m)

Kellan Tochkin ($0.526m) / Aaron Volpatti ($0.612m) / Tanner Glass ($0.825m)

/ Jeff Tambellini ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)

Kevin Bieksa ($3.250m) / Aaron Rome ($0.750m)

/ Ryan Parent ($0.925m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) /Cory Schneider ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,288,610; BONUSES: $850,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $711,390

Trade deadline is in late February.

Parise has said he won't resume skating until he sees his doctor in March.

So NJ will resign or trade him in the offseason. IF NJ decides to trade him...it would be best to trade him prior to draft day (to speed the rebuild).

It would take alot to get Parise as 29 other teams (ie. LA, NYR, etc) may want him. VAN does have an asset that NJ sorely needs (a young goaltender to replace Brodeur).

Raymond (top six winger @ $2.55M)

Schneider (young solid goalie @ $0.9M)

Shirokov (top prospect winger)

Cannauton (top prospect defencemen)

1st 2011 (a 1st round pick to help NJ rebuilding process)

for

Parise

parise won't sign for under 6 mil and there is no way we can fit that under the cap.

"Raymond (top six winger @ $2.55M)

Schneider (young solid goalie @ $0.9M)

Shirokov (top prospect winger)

Cannauton (top prospect defencemen)

1st 2011 (a 1st round pick to help NJ rebuilding process)

for

Parise

"

^^that is also overpaying for him.

With the impending return of Salo, although it may not be completely necessary, it may be prudent for the Canucks to look for a way to shed some salary. In addition, with several impending UFA defenceman (Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Salo, and Alberts) and very little in terms of sure fire defence prospects, it might not be a bad idea to kick some tires...

I'm not entirely sure of the market value of each of the players involved, but deals with the following major components might be doable:

To Florida:

F - Mason Raymond ($2.55m)

To Vancouver:

D - Dmitry Kulikov ($1.325m)

OR

To Nashville:

F - Mason Raymond ($2.55m)

To Vancouver:

D - Jonathan Blum ($0.941m); or

D - Cody Franson ($0.8m)

Both Florida and Nashville are desperate for offensive punch. Raymond would easily be slotted in to the top 6 on both teams. Florida may not have the defensive depth where they would move Kulikov although they do have Gudbranson and Ellerby whereas Nashville has a plethora of young defencemen.

I think Raymond is a piece we could possibly move but not this year

We have a couple of prospects that could replace him next year

hodgson, schroeder, shirokov and even sweatt

I expect production to drop 25-30% though

but with kesler carrying the line, you never know

also, their caphit will be around 1 mill less

First off I think we can take out connauton from the deal to acquire him. Raymond, scheider and a 1st should be good enough. But then again someone might over pay more that Burkie did to get kessel, which in my opinion isnt near the same type of player as parise. Not now without a number 1 centerman anyways/

We could fit it under the cap, we would have to take a good long look at our defense and see what UFA's we want to bring back, or more importantly how much they are looking at making. Kesler and Parise on the same line sounds awesome, but like we all know its a far fetch dream that 99% sure wont happen.

My question now is did kesler and parise play together at the olympics??

Guest burrows

I doubt Florida would move Kulikov for Raymond, but the Nashville trade could work but doesn't Nashville already have enough speedy undersized wingers on their roster?

To NAS:

Sami Salo (3.5M)

Evan Oberg (1.5M)

To VAN:

Shea Weber (4.5M)

This is a very plausible trade, win/win for both sides.

We inject some major locally grown talent on the blueline with no disturbance of the team we are icing right now.

NAS gets a risky replacement for Weber and get a fine prospect in Oberg.

Salo is a risk so maybe throw in a 2nd and/or 3rd?

But having a local tandem of Hamhuis/Weber as our top 2 for years would be a dream come true!

Thoughts?