• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

Yeah, like they'll really trade the one and only reason for anybody in the state of New Jersey to ever go to a Devils game.

as much as i would love to see parise here, not gonna happen...it'd have to be something massive like schneids, raymond, bieksa, 1st and 2nd rounders, all that stuff, and even then we would have a dodgy time resigning the dude...schneids and raymond would be a good base for a trade though, schneids comin up while marty winds down his career and raymond's speed would suit the east more...oh jesus, i gotta stop, i'm starting to believe lol, time for bed

not happening.... nice as it'd be and if it were to happen you can bet NJ would screw us in the ass pretty hard for us to get him (picturing leafs and bruins trade or something along those lines lol...) definatly not worth it, combine the fact that we have noooooooooo idea if he's resign..... oh god giving up half our team for a rent-a-player lol not good, not happening, nice thought though.

Only way you're pulling Parise out of New Jersey is with a Raymond, Schneider, 1st round pick package.

Then it would be a helluva challenge trying to re-sign him as well considering what he would demand.

We would just be disgustingly stacked on offense though.

If Gillis had a way to fit Parise under the cap next year then by all means. By the looks of things Raymond might not be a great fit, we send Schneider out East, and a 1st rounder can be spared for a cup run.

2011/2012 Roster?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows - 14.2

Hansen/Tambo-Kesler-Parise(5 mil long term?) - 11

Torres-Manny-Samuelsson - 6

Glass-Bolduc-Hansen/Tambo/Rypien - 1.7

Spare - .5

Ehrhoff(4.5?) - Edler - 7.75

Ballard - Hamhuis - 8.7

Alberts - Rome - 1.8

Spare - .5

Luongo 5.33

Lack - .8

Total - 58.28

That's pretty scary... The only thing that would need to improve would be our 3rd d pairing which could be fairly easily improved considering that cap would most likely go up next year as well giving us 2 million extra to improve it. I'd honestly would give up Hodgson as well if it meant landing Parise. We would be completely set for years to come.

As has been talked to death to canucks fans we are fast approaching a salary cap crunch. Salo's 3 mil just wont fit and something has to give. My two cents is that we need to upgrade on the wing, give Kesler a guy who he will really be able to get his offensive chops going with. Our man? Or at least one of the potential solutions

Zach Parise.

While currently injured, this guy is a beast. He has great offensive numbers and has played with Kesler in the past (in the olympics). If we could survive till march till he is health then weather the time till he up to stuff we would be off to the races (more so then we are now). The devils haven't been able to sign him yet and there has been trade talk about him. We have a bit of a log jam at forward and similarly on defence. Having too many good players and not enough positions to fill them in on. We also have a goalie that has shown he has great potential but lots of growing, and no I'm not talking about cory i mean Eddie Lack. He is a young guy and has a lot of developing to do, luckily the devils have Marty who isn't going anywhere and will give him that time to develop not to mention a great guy to learn under. We have plenty of guys who we could bundle maybe Raymond and Bieksa or possibly something to do with Samuelsson or something involving some of our prospects. Perhaps im over valuing this guy but can you imagine come playoff time running The Sedins and Burrows followed by Parise and Kesler and who ever we don't trade then the defensive shutdown line of Manny, Torres, Hansen? Possibly the best 1-2 punch in the league followed by the best shutdown line in the league coupled with a fourth line of players that would be thirdliners on any other team that combined with arguably the best defence in the league and a fantastic Goalie pair. Maybe I'm dreaming big here or maybe I'm dreaming small i don't know, and if i am either I'm sure i can count on you guys to wake me up in either case. In order to dump the room we need we need to clear about 6 mil or so, if im reading the numbers right

If this suggestion is made to dream about Parise, well yeah lets do it.

But if the goal is to shed some cap it's impossible... the Devils are well past the cap with LTIR as well. Parise' cap hit is 3.1mil, added to the 1.8 we need to get Salo back we're looking at sending 5mill back to NJ just so we can be cap compliant.... NJ just can't take it.

Still, I might have good dreams tonight

my computer screen would be covered in jizz but i don't see it happening...

<br />Only way you're pulling Parise out of New Jersey is with a Raymond, Schneider, 1st round pick package. <br /><br />Then it would be a helluva challenge trying to re-sign him as well considering what he would demand. <br /><br />We would just be disgustingly stacked on offense though.<br /><br />If Gillis had a way to fit Parise under the cap next year then by all means. By the looks of things Raymond might not be a great fit, we send Schneider out East, and a 1st rounder can be spared for a cup run. <br /><br />2011/2012 Roster?<br /><br />Sedin-Sedin-Burrows - 14.2<br />Hansen/Tambo-Kesler-Parise(5 mil long term?) - 11<br />Torres-Manny-Samuelsson - 6<br />Glass-Bolduc-Hansen/Tambo/Rypien - 1.7<br />Spare - .5<br /><br />Ehrhoff(4.5?) - Edler - 7.75<br />Ballard - Hamhuis - 8.7<br />Alberts - Rome - 1.8<br />Spare - .5<br /><br />Luongo 5.33<br />Lack - .8<br /><br />Total - 58.28<br /><br />That's pretty scary... The only thing that would need to improve would be our 3rd d pairing which could be fairly easily improved considering that cap would most likely go up next year as well giving us 2 million extra to improve it. I'd honestly would give up Hodgson as well if it meant landing Parise. We would be completely set for years to come.<br />

<br />Only way you're pulling Parise out of New Jersey is with a Raymond, Schneider, 1st round pick package. <br /><br />Then it would be a helluva challenge trying to re-sign him as well considering what he would demand. <br /><br />We would just be disgustingly stacked on offense though.<br /><br />If Gillis had a way to fit Parise under the cap next year then by all means. By the looks of things Raymond might not be a great fit, we send Schneider out East, and a 1st rounder can be spared for a cup run. <br /><br />2011/2012 Roster?<br /><br />Sedin-Sedin-Burrows - 14.2<br />Hansen/Tambo-Kesler-Parise(5 mil long term?) - 11<br />Torres-Manny-Samuelsson - 6<br />Glass-Bolduc-Hansen/Tambo/Rypien - 1.7<br />Spare - .5<br /><br />Ehrhoff(4.5?) - Edler - 7.75<br />Ballard - Hamhuis - 8.7<br />Alberts - Rome - 1.8<br />Spare - .5<br /><br />Luongo 5.33<br />Lack - .8<br /><br />Total - 58.28<br /><br />That's pretty scary... The only thing that would need to improve would be our 3rd d pairing which could be fairly easily improved considering that cap would most likely go up next year as well giving us 2 million extra to improve it. I'd honestly would give up Hodgson as well if it meant landing Parise. We would be completely set for years to come.<br />

<br /><br /><br />c

Oh, isnt Sammuelsson a UFA at the end of year? No doubt his cap space will be filled with someone like Hodgson next year... All the more reason its Sammuelsson in a trade (to sched salary) if giving up other quality pieces.

He is a great player......Hard to see NJD after this season let him go for anyhting less than a left nu+, but maybe Kesler and Parise will have a great USA Chemistry!!

I highly doubt it though.

I did the math and since you can only waive players you re-call post-trade deadline I came up with all the math & numbers on how to fit Salo on the lineup without trading anyone:

1: Waive Bolduc, Volpatti & Rome the day before the trade deadline (19 games left in the regular season)

2: Call up Volpatti, Bliznak & any depth defender on a 2-way contract the day after the trade deadline

3: After 5 games or so, put Salo on a conditioning stint (3 games) and then ask the league to extend it another 2 games.

4: Waive Bliznak, Volpatti & depth defender

5: Put Alberts on the 4th line (Hansen - Glass - Alberts) and Salo on the bottom pairing for the last 8 games of the season.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Tambellini

Torres - Malhotra - Samuelsson

Hansen - Glass - Alberts

Edler - Erhoff

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Salo - Ballard

Luongo

Schneider

Subtracting Raymond's 90,000 bonus put on this year's cap, the Canucks have $26,500 in cap space for the last 8 games of the season.

6: After the last day of the season move Alberts back to defence, call up Hodgson, Bliznak & Volpatti

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Tambellini

Hodgson - Malhotra - Samuelsson

Torres - Glass - Hansen

Bliznak - Volpatti

Edler - Erhoff

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Salo - Ballard

Alberts

Luongo

Schneider