• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,097 posts in this topic

Good proposal, but I don't like the idea of doing a 2 for 1 in this situation.

I would consider Versteeg a "tier 2" player, and I would also consider Raymond and Samuelson "tier 2" players.

Versteeg > Raymond/Samuelson but not >Raymond+Samuelson

The Vancouver Canucks would love to make a blockbuster two-for-two trade to upgrade their top six forwards. They would happily trade this year's version of Mason Raymond and Mikael Samuelsson, with just 18 goals between them so far, for last year's versions, which ended up with 55.

The key for Vancouver is to get Raymond and Samuelsson scoring. Failing that, one of them could be potential trade bait but GM Mike Gillis is leery of making too many changes on a team that has played so well.

Outside of that, the primary need is a fourth-line centre with lots of playoff experience.

ANY THOUGHTS??

<br />The Vancouver Canucks would love to make a blockbuster two-for-two trade to upgrade their top six forwards. They would happily trade this year's version of Mason Raymond and Mikael Samuelsson, with just 18 goals between them so far, for last year's versions, which ended up with 55.<br /><br />The key for Vancouver is to get Raymond and Samuelsson scoring. Failing that, one of them could be potential trade bait but GM Mike Gillis is leery of making too many changes on a team that has played so well.<br /><br />Outside of that, the primary need is a fourth-line centre with lots of playoff experience. <br /><br /><br /><br />ANY THOUGHTS??<br />

just because you can quote TSN, it doesn't make you smart IBTL

They'll pick it up. However if the right deal comes around to get a legitimate top-six guy, I think MG will pull the trigger.

I was wondering what you guys think would work to get a top 6 considering the salary situation and injuries, etc...and who would fit best.

I dont think the Canucks 2nd line is good enough to make a big cup run. I feel they could get past the 2nd round but thats only have the battle. I consider this year like poker and management should go "all in" to get someone at the deadline (for the right price). I feel that Samuellson is a good 2nd line player on SOME nights but in a 7 game series, I am not sure he would be consistent enough. Also, A Torres Malhotra Samuellson line (or Hansen) is a perfect 3rd line for playoffs. AV will probably end up juggling between Hansen, Samuellson and Tambellini onto the 2nd line in the playoffs unless the Canucks make some sort of move.

The cap space is limited, but I think if the Canucks could somehow pick up Parise, he would fit in with Kesler on the 2nd line.

I know he might be a rental player, but the canucks have to go "all in" this year I feel.

To NJ

Schneider

1st or Prospect (Schroeder)

To Van

Z. Parise

2nd Round Pick

Chances are this wouldnt happen, because Marty might have a few years left in him. But having Schneider go in the East, because he will be an impact player for whatever team he goes too. Problem is the Canucks would have to search for a good back-up goalie for the playoffs.

Isn't Parise expected to be out for the season?

I agree we need a top six forward but that's not enough for parise atleast add Raymond

Schnieder + Raymond + 1st + 2nd conditional

If we're spending this much, might as well spend it to get Weber