• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

No "Trade Bieksa" comments?! If this thread had been started 2 months ago.... hahaSeriously though, I doubt the canucks will do much come trade deadline day. If ANYTHING it'll be someone who has played few or no games for the club yet ie. Oreskovich, Parent or someone along those lines. For who? I dont know. There's not much out there. AND if it ain't broke, dont fix. I'm sleeping in for this years trade deadline.

It's tough to foresee any trades involving regulars unless an injury or something unexpected necessitates it. I can't imagine Gillis messing with the team chemistry in any major way. If we see moves they'll likely be involving guys in the minors or draft picks, not bringing players in to play major roles down the stretch or shipping out starters.

As others have posted... I could see Raymond being traded because he's not doing anything that Tambi can't do and Tambi is making a lot less money. I would also like to see a veteran 4th line centre like Madden or something added.

Our cap problems became some what of a non factor now that Edler is out for the majority of the regular season, if not the rest but we also have to keep that in the back of our minds as Salo gets closer to returning. Some will say that we have the room now that Edler is out but that's only if Edler doesn't play another regular season game. If his rehab goes well and he is able to return with a few games left on the season (cap hit is calculated on a daily basis, not a yearly basis) to get back into game shape before playoffs, then we simply won't have the room for him. Unless of course I've missed something or there is more tricks up Gilman's sleeve.

Again, I say we need a large, checking 4th line winger, preferably named Evgeny Artyukhin or Brad Winchester. The team needs grit, sure Torres, Malhotra, Samuelsson can hit, but we are missing that devastating checker who makes forwards afraid to try to cross center ice. Glass is close to the force required, and Alberts is big enough, but they both have too many responsibilities to make checking their #1 priority.

For Artyukhin, if we can pry him away from the KHL, it's waivers he'll have to clear (probably not). Winchester is inexpensive, and St. Louis isn't doing too well so they might be very interested trading partners. It's a one year contract, so I could see St. Louis letting him go as a rental for a 3rd round pick (best case scenario). Worst case scenario is they demand a player and a pick in return, not sure what i'd give them. Tambi is too much, Rome isn't enough and unless they're willing to take Stefan Schneider or Tommy Maxwell off our hands, there isn't a whole lot in the rookie department I would offer.

Just wondering if people are satisfied with the team as is for the playoffs. I think we have a cup team but I would like to se Samuelson (spl chk) traded. I think we need our young rookies like Hodgson, even if he doesnt put up numbers but the guy will learn through mistakes, Samuelson takes up space where we can try to devolop players. Torres another that we could do with out. Any thoughts

As others have posted... I could see Raymond being traded because he's not doing anything that Tambi can't do and Tambi is making a lot less money. I would also like to see a veteran 4th line centre like Madden or something added.

Our cap problems became some what of a non factor now that Edler is out for the majority of the regular season, if not the rest but we also have to keep that in the back of our minds as Salo gets closer to returning. Some will say that we have the room now that Edler is out but that's only if Edler doesn't play another regular season game. If his rehab goes well and he is able to return with a few games left on the season (cap hit is calculated on a daily basis, not a yearly basis) to get back into game shape before playoffs, then we simply won't have the room for him. Unless of course I've missed something or there is more tricks up Gilman's sleeve.

Just wondering if people are satisfied with the team as is for the playoffs. I think we have a cup team but I would like to se Samuelson (spl chk) traded. I think we need our young rookies like Hodgson, even if he doesnt put up numbers but the guy will learn through mistakes, Samuelson takes up space where we can try to devolop players. Torres another that we could do with out. Any thoughts

i wish every post made about trading players would just instantly be deleted

trade torres

do you remember when he went to the finals with the oilers idiot

torres is a playoff beast

and sammy has a stanely cup ring and had the most goals on the team and in the nhl before we got knocked out last playoffs

should have to show proof of birth on this site or something , anyone under the age of 12 shouldn't be aloud to post

I really don't see the point of any last-minute moves. Even with both Edler and Salo out for the moment we don't have much cap space to work with no matter who we get rid of. Any really good guys would cost too many spots on the roster, and wouldn't know our system - and we saw what that meant last year with Alberts.

Samuelsson is invaluable. When he's on he can snipe some goals, I would argue that he has the best shot on the team when he's going. His experience is also welcomed, we don't have a lot of that.

You have to look at Torres as a million dollar signing. When he's on he's a great 3rd liner, but even he stays on as a 4th liner, where are you going to find that kind of player and more importantly play better. Torres will be another guy that could be a playoff performer, why deal him when his contract isn't worth anything?

I don't want Hodgson in the lineup if it means he learns by mistakes all year. We're not in a rebuild, I want guys to able to contribute right now. Honestly our chances won't get any better than what they are right now, it makes no logical sense. With that said as a 4th line center perhaps Hodgson is the guy for the position, I need to see him play a few more games to make a real assessment.

Like others I feel that Raymond is the odd man out right now if we deal anyone. Right now logistically it makes sense to deal him, the return would be higher than dealing a guy winding down his career. I wouldn't be surprised if Rome was shipped out either, I think Tanev is earning his spot. I dunno, off the top of my head I don't think there's anyone that I'd want to add, of course salary cap depending. You don't want to make a huge splash when you have the best record, it's that way for a reason.

I'd like to ad that Raymond isn't going anywhere. He's a product of the Canuck's system and it's just too early for them to give up on him. Tambi would go before Raymond simply because he doesn't have a history here.

I really don't see us making a big splash at the deadline. Maybe a minor piece gets moved for a late round pick (i.e. Rome). The chemistry is some of the best I've seen on a Canucks team. I really wouldn't want to mess with that.

I would like to the Canucks bring in 1 veteran bottom six forward. My wet dream trade dealine move would be Raymond to the ATL for Big Buff...but that aint gonna happen.

There are going to be some tough calls to make.

Both Raymond and Sammuelson were awesome going into the post season last year.

Sit tight.