• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,097 posts in this topic

I wish MG does NOT sign Ehrhoff. He is such a defensive liability despite playing against a teams 2nd or 3rd line.

For the 4th line there needs to be some re-tooling and I would sign impending UFA's Cam Janssen and Brad Winchester. Both play 4th line and Winchester has the ability to move up as he has scored 14 goals. Both add much needed size and toughness.

what I would do this offseason:

UFA's:

Higgins, Torres, Bieksa, Alberts (keep); Salo (let walk unless inexpensive & healthy)

Ehrhoff (let walk)

Glass (undecided; he can walk I guess)

Wish list:

Versteeg: to play with Kesler and Burrows on 2nd to provide a decent shooter who's aggressive in driving to the net WITH CUP EXPERIENCE and the necessary SWAGGER, plus Philly needs to unload salaries so the Canucks may be able to steal him for cheaper (or pry him from the Panthers, either way shouldn't cost too much)

PITKANEN: Big minute, all-round defender who's physical and has booming slap shot; definite upgrade on Ehrhoff

Danny - Henrik – (Joel Ward-type big scoring winger)

(Versteeg) - Kesler - Burrows

(Higgins) - Malhotra - Hansen

(Torres) - Lapierre - Oreskovich

Hamhuis – (Bieksa)

Edler – (Pitkanen)

(Montador)/Ballard? – Tanev?/Rome?/Alberts?/(UFA?/Salo?/Acquisition in trade?)

Lu

Schneider

for trades, offer Ballard, Raymond, Samuelsson, maybe Schneider (if the right offer came then include him)

(player) = Canuck UFA to retain

(player) = player to sign/trade for

thoughts?

First off KB is not going anywhere he showed how much of a beast he can be when healthy and when paired with Hamhuis shows his puck moving ability.

Re- signings

KB 4.00m over 3-4yrs

Shirokov 1.00m over 2-3yrs

Hansen 1.25m over 2-3yrs

Lapierre 1.10m over 2-3yrs

Oreskovich .70m over 2-3yrs

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

Now this is where Gillis can become a God amongst his peers:

To NJ

Raymond

Sammuelson

Schroeder

1st in 2011

To VAN

Rights to Parise

Turn around and sign him to a lucrative front loaded contract with a cap hit no more than 5.5m per season

For Gillis's next move he does this:

To NASH

Connauton

Rome

2nd in 2011

1st in 2012

To VAN

Rights to Weber

Sign him for the same lucrative contract as Parise with a cap hit no more than 5.5m

Gillis may have to sacrifice a few more spare parts but we would have everthing we would need for the next 5yrs

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Sergei Shirokov ($1.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zach Parise ($5.500m)

Cody Hodgson ($1.666m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.250m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.612m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.100m) / Victor Oreskovich ($0.700m)

/ Kellan Tochkin ($0.532m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.000m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Shea Weber ($5.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

/ Yann Sauve ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / Cory Schneider ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,519,721; BONUSES: $1,087,500

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $577,779

Oh yeah, New Jersey is going to trade away Parise's rights for a player who was just injured less than a week ago.

Devils get hosed in that deal big time.

The first pick is #29.

Schroeder has never played in the NHL.

Nashville GM David Poile would visit you with a bat in his hand. :rolleyes:

Wow this post is very difficult to sift through now that pretty much the whole forum was dumped into it.

I understand why the mod's did it but this is painful to navigate through, we should have just deleted it all and started anew.

Pretty simple lineup. Re-sign Bieksa, sign Laich and promote from within.

With the money left over, I'd try to sign Torres or another player like him to play 4th line LW and fill in for Raymond (who I assume will miss the first month or two of the season).

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Brooks Laich ($4.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m)

Mason Raymond ($2.550m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.400m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.612m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.250m) / Victor Oreskovich ($0.650m)

Jeff Tambellini ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)

Aaron Rome ($0.750m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Ryan Parent ($0.925m) / Lee Sweatt ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / Cory Schneider ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $62,800,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,270,833; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,529,166

Resign Maxim Lapierre to a one-two year deal (I think he would accept given lots of teams don't want him on their team) he was a good fit in the playoffs and good agitator with speed.

Resign Raffi Torres-Again part of that thrid line that was arguably are most consistent line in the entire playoffs.

Resign Jannick Hansen-Enough said this guy has blinding speed and fits well on the thrid line.

As much as it pains me to say it because he did play well in spurts throughout the playoffs let Higgins Walk.

Let go of Glass the fourth line didn't do much these playoffs for us and glass in particular i felt didn't play that great.

Resign Rypien if we can finally work it out between him and the organization he's a good fit on the fourth line.

Resign Tambellini preferablly to a two way contract if possible

Trade Samuelsson if possible.

Forward Core

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-A. Burrows

M. Raymond-Kesler-?????

R. Torres-M Lapierre/M. Maholtra-J. Hansen

??????-M. Lapierre/M. Maholtra-?????????

Given this I see us as Requiring one ELITE top 6 forward (preferably someone with size on Kesler's Line)

The two wing spots on the fourth line would be revolving (Mabye sign one tough guy in off season and the other wing

would be filled by a Moose Call up.) and M. Maholtra and M. Lapierre would switch between centering the third and fourth line.

Defence Core

Resign Bieska

Let Erhroff Walk

Let Alberts Walk

Trade Ballard

Resign Salo

TRY AND GET SHEA WEBER SOMEHOW

Bring Tanev up Full Time

K. Bieska-D. Hamhuis

A. Edler-S. Weber

S. Salo-C. Tanev

A. Rome

Goaltenders

Keep Lu and Schneids together for one more year before making a decision on them.

This is my ideal team, all I think we need is another star dman, one elite top 6 forward and mabye a gritty guy

for the fourth line.

Thoughts.....

In

Lappiere

Hansen

Schneider

Bieksa

Torres

Out

Luongo

Glass

Tambellini

Erhoff (he'll be expensive)

Salo

Alberts

Ballard (AV will sit his ass on the pressbox for 4mil)

Rome

Samuelsson

If they don't price themselves too highly, I'd like to see Bieksa and Ehrhoff come back.

I'd let Salo and Rypien walk. I doubt either of them are in the Canucks' plans.

I'm indifferent to Glass, Torres, and Tambellini, but they're okay foot soldiers.

There's no way you can get Weber, and Schneider will get traded at the draft or more likely, make sure Eddie Lack can step up and be the back-up, so that would mean keeping Schneider for 20 games or so to get Lack ready, and then trade him for a lot. I agree we need size on Kesler's line, you didn't mention Tambellini, but he's gone. Glass is gone for sure he was useless. I know he's a great guy, but he needs to be able to stand up for players as well, and he can't, so we need someone who will stand up, not an enforcer, just someone with toughness. Hodgson will be up next year from the start.

My 2011-2012 Wishlist,

Out :

Luongo haters

AV haters

In:

Non-emo fans.

My 2011-2012 Wishlist,

Out :

Luongo haters

AV haters

In:

Non-emo fans.

Rypien sucks. No need to bring Lappy back if he's going to clog up our prospects. I would rather have our prospects get a chance to make the team. No mention of Hodgson, Shirokov, Sweatt, Bolduc, Schroeder etc. We need a top 6 winger, but it will be hard to bring someone in with cap. Also, in terms of realizing what Weber means to Nashville, asking somehow to get Weber is like a Nashville fan asking somehow to get Ryan Kesler from us. In other words, it's unreasonable to expect the Canucks to sign the likes of Weber or Parise.