Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,098 posts in this topic

i agree mostly with this except......

Higgens has to stay he is a great threat and can sometimes bring a big body.

Glass and ehroff leaving Agreed.

samulesson trade agreed balled too agreed

In my opinion raymond waz not performing in the playoffs i would trade him at the deadline when he will be healthy.

i love the defense but... No way will weber will sign with us cuz of how deep we r

he waz out there like every other shift for nashville we wont put him out there as much as anthor team would

What fourth liner was better than Glass? Oreo? Maybe, but together they'll be good.

Currently under contract:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

_____-Kesler-Sammy

_____-Manny-Hansen

_____-_____-______

_____-_____

Edler-______

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo

Schnieder

Injured:

-Hamhuis

-Raymond

Needs:

LW, RD

December, no injuries hopeful lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Sammy*

Higgins-Manny-Rookie (Hodgson/Schroeder/Shirokov)

Torres-Lappy-Hansen

Tambi/Glass

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-_____ (FA or Salo)

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts

Luongo

Schnieder/Lack

LOL

Raymond out 3-4 month with major injury

No 1st pick in 2010-2011-2012. This franchise will hit rock bottom in 5 years and for a long time.

Connauton has no value anywhere except on CDC.

apparently I have used all my negatives on other blow it up thread.

Ehrhoff is one of THE BEST UFA defenseman this year- why would we let him walk his replacement would be worse......

Bieksa and Torres are at the top of my list. I want Rypien in the 4th line too. He's young, fast and tough. He can be taught. I would have loved his toughness against the Bruins, I'm pretty sure he could have played Glass's 4 minutes

i would do these deals if they were signed, but if you don't sign the players yourself and they leave it would be the worst trades ever.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

RYAN CLOWE-Kesler-Higgins

Torres-Malhotra-Raymond

JARRED BOLL/CODY HODGSON-Lapierre-Hansen

Edler-Ehroff

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-DERYK ENGELLAND

-Play Hodgson against teams like Detroit

-Play Boll against teams like Boston

-Hodgson on third line LW when playing

-Torres on fourth line LW when Hodgson is playing

Luongo

Schnieder

Win the cup then..

-Move Hodgson RW with Kesler and Clowe

-Trade/Ufa Torres away

-Move Higgins to LW with Malhotra and Raymond

-Bring in Tanev and play him RD with Ballard

Re-signings;

-Bieksa will most likely want more than 4M.

-Shirokov's current contract is 1.3M, I think. Don't see why he would sign for less.

-Gillis could probably sign Hansen, Lapierre, and Oreskovich for less than that.

Trades;

VAN/NJD trade:

-Raymond just suffered a major injury. From what I hear, he might not play again.

-Samuelsson has one, maybe two more productive seasons left in him.

-Schroeder hasn't proven anything of himself yet.

-A 29th overall pick isn't as valueable as you think.

-Parise is a proven 40+ goal scorer, Olympian, and will be a force in this league for years to come.

New Jersey hangs up.

VAN/NSH trade:

-Connauton doesn't have much value.

-Rome is a solid depth defenseman, nothing more.

-1st round pick, again, not as valuable as you think.

-2nd round pick, probably will never make the NHL.

-Weber is 6'6 (I think), has a cannon of a slapshot, is an Olympian, and can log big minutes. #1 defensman.

Nashville hangs up.

I agree with most of your choices here. I think Luongo's a good guy but he's had plenty of chances and just can't deliver. It's time for Schneider to play at least half the games next year. A lot of people, including myself, believe that a second line scoring winger would do wonders for the Canucks. This is the one key piece they're missing. The second line only had one player on it that consistently produced during the regular season and during the playoffs Kesler's wingers could not help him out when he was being checked. In a perfect world, the guy who would perfectly fit with Kesler is Patrick Sharp. The guy is fast and has a really dangerous shot. He's a great goal scorer who's underappreciated in Chicago. But he is not a free agent. The best guy available who fits this description is Zach Parise. But the Canucks would have to give up a lot in compensation to get him. Kesler needs that scoring winger. The top two lines have to strike fear in the opponent's heart so they can't just focus on theSedins or Kesler, they would have to focus on five or six guys and 99.9% of the good teams in the NHL only have one good shut-down defense pairing.

Resign:

Bieksa

Higgins

Lapierre

Torres

Oreskovich

Alberts

Salo

Let go:

Glass

Tambellini

Ehrhoff

Trade:

Samuelsson

Ballard

Rome

Schneider (preferably for an impact forward)

Sign:

Pitkanen or Wiz

Laich

Leino or Fleischmann

Resign

Lapierre 0.9-1m

Hansen 1-1.5m

Bieksa 4-4.5 mil

Ehrhoff ONLY if he's willing to take a salary under 5m

Bolduc for 4th line insurance 0.5-0.7m *

Tambellini 0.5-0.7m *

Salo 1-2m

Higgins if he wants to resign for the same price or even lower that this year 1-1.6m

Torres if he wants to resign for the same or a bit more than this year

(* two way contracts)

Another type of player I would like to see on the team is a big enforcer that can play on the 4th line, as the closest players on our roster like that are Torres and Bieksa. I wouldn't want to see Brad Marchand get away with using Danny's head as a punchbag and to see him after a fight with his nose intact (i find his nose disturbing)

Although I want to get an enforcer like that we probably wont as MG took the toughness out of our team in last years offseason( O'brien and Hordichuk) we probably wont see rypien next year either

FIND A CONSISTENT BIG WINGER THAT CAN PLAY WITH KESLER

So far there hasn't been a single winger that could score and play consistently

Higgins

Raymond

Samuelsson

Tambellini

Shirokov

Hansen

none of these guys could keep up with kesler, my suggestions would be to trade for JVR or sign Laich

Parise would be a great addition too as a line of Higgins-Kesler-Parise would probably be one of the best 2nd lines in the league BUT it is highly unlikely that he will sign with us for a price that will keep us under the cap.

If we get a new second liner im guessing either Samuelsson or Higgins will have to go

Laich is a great player and I think he is a better choice than JVR because

1. He is an unrestricted free agent an we dont need to trade for him

2. He seems like a player that can swich around with Burrows to play with the Sedins

3. Has more experience than James Van Reimsdyk

The only downside is that we might not be able to afford him

Right off the main page on NHL dot COM, JAGR IS AVAILABLE;

http://www.nhl.com/i...od-rr-headlines

The Twins got exposed in several of the Chicago games, against Weber and most certainly against Boston! We dont need a power forward for Kesler. Samuelsson gets 50 points, Raymond 40 or 50 & Kess 75. This is already superlative 2knd line results, and they were also a superb shut down line drawing top assignments (and they held up in the playoffs with Higgins as a substitute). There's no need to re-write this, but the Sedins??? A power forward who could dig it out against the big defenders could be just the solution. But how many have the speed and skill to keep up with our wonder twins (its a key reason we've gone with Burrows)?

Wouldn't Jagr look absolutely smashing with the TWINS, and have plaenty of incentive to join the Canucks?

(We'd have roughly the $3.5 to $5 mill cap increase PLUS Raymonds injury exemption to start with, also the ability to juggle our defensive UFA's).

This would be nuts; and easily both Jagr's & our best chance to win a cup!

:shock::towel::towel::towel::shock:

What do you guys think?

All the way from rioutous Perth in Australia

I've actually want Jagr with the twins for years. I've always thought they would be incredible together.

But didn't he release a list of teams that he would play for, and Vancouver wasn't on it?

That would be awesome or Jagr with Kesler. Sedins with Burrows and Jagr and Kesler with some other sidekick on the second line

drooling-homer.gif

Out : old farts who have nothing better to do but post on CDC all day.