Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,098 posts in this topic

-Resign Tambellini as well.

He can be the 13th forward, and will be great at it as he can play both top 6 and bottom 6 roles.

He's a speed demon that would have been a great goal scorer if not for his inconsistency (remember when we wanted to draft him instead of Kesler?)

-I still think we should trade Ballard's fat contract for draft picks or a foward.

-Where's Tanev?

-Samuelsson and Hansen can switch roles from time to time, but I understand why you want Hansen on 3rd line instead of him.

-

after the 4th goal, i wished someone would give him the Steve Moore treatment. he deserved much worse...wink.gif

I wouldn't mind Big Buff, but the Thrashers/Jets/Moose/etc wouldn't let him go.

First off the obvious, The Canucks need to secure their defense. I would like to bring both Bieksa and Ehrhoff back at the right price and Salo if he can take $1.5-2M. For defenseman, I would have a team cap of $4.5M. (I dont think anyone should make more than Hamhuis) After our defense is settled, the 2 guys I would really like the Canucks to go after are Brooks Laich and Ville Leino. Laich is a big rugged forward (exactly what we need) Both guys are young, can produce 60+ points and will give us a potent 2nd line playing with Kesler.

Sedin(6.1)-Sedin (6.1)-Burrows (2)

Laich(3.5)-Kesler(5)-Leino(3.5)

Hansen(1.3)-Malhotra(2.5)-Raymond(2.5)

Samuelsson(2.5)-Lapierre(1.3)-Oreskovich (.825)

Hamhuis(4.5)-Bieksa (4.0)

Edler(3.25)-Ehrhoff(4.5)

Salo(1.5)-Ballard(4.2)

Rome(.75)

Total Cap = $59.825 (cap should be going up to $63-$64M)

Gone:

Higgins

Glass

Torres

Tambellini

Alberts

Agree? disagree? add anything?

Please, we all know that as soon as he puts on a Canucks jersey he will get penalized for the crap he pulls

First off the obvious, The Canucks need to secure their defense. I would like to bring both Bieksa and Ehrhoff back at the right price and Salo if he can take $1.5-2M. For defenseman, I would have a team cap of $4.5M. (I dont think anyone should make more than Hamhuis) After our defense is settled, the 2 guys I would really like the Canucks to go after are Brooks Laich and Ville Leino. Laich is a big rugged forward (exactly what we need) Both guys are young, can produce 60+ points and will give us a potent 2nd line playing with Kesler.

Sedin(6.1)-Sedin (6.1)-Burrows (2)

Laich(3.5)-Kesler(5)-Leino(3.5)

Hansen(1.3)-Malhotra(2.5)-Raymond(2.5)

Samuelsson(2.5)-Lapierre(1.3)-Oreskovich (.825)

Hamhuis(4.5)-Bieksa (4.0)

Edler(3.25)-Ehrhoff(4.5)

Salo(1.5)-Ballard(4.2)

Rome(.75)

Total Cap = $59.825 (cap should be going up to $63-$64M)

Gone:

Higgins

Glass

Torres

Tambellini

Alberts

Agree? disagree? add anything?

Nevermind the Canucks would not employ a guy they have to remind 3-4 times a game to not lose his head, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned there is no reason Boston would get rid of him.

^ ha

I'd rather trade Samuelsson than have him playing on the fourth line. let that spot be taken by a younger player and free up some cap space

I think I'd prefer the Canucks organization who made decisions based on what's good for the team - not avoiding guys because they got under the Canucks' skin.

i dont want to see this ratface in our team... rather buttfugugly than

I think I threw up a little in my mouth reading this post. BLECH. He's so disgusting, would NOT want him and MANY other Boston players on our team (Bergeron, Chara, Lucic, Horton, Krejci, Boychuck, Seidenberg - just to name a few!!!!!)

Marchand was a very effective player like it or hate it.

No way Boston let's him go.

^ ha

I'd rather trade Samuelsson than have him playing on the fourth line. let that spot be taken by a younger player and free up some cap space

Marchand was a beast for Boston. He's extremely underrated, but Burrows plays a similar game as he does... :emot-parrot:

He is the LAST person I would want to see in a Canucks uniform!

Higgins had a broken foot I read in a post about injury details. Or something about his foot since round two? It would make sense as he was pretty great up until San Jose series. He still was pretty good , but not the same either. I do not think Lapierre is gonna take up a prospects spot on the fourth line, lol.. Plus depth at center is a must after this year. If one goes down, then the Canucks really need good depth their.

The thing is...is Leino REALLY that much of an improvement over Sammy? He never hit 60 points as the OP indicated and last year was his first real good year. Its a big pay raise for someone relatively unproven. Samuelson in Leino's spot for me (unless better option available)

Laich I like, and I would put Torres on the 4th line with Lappy and Vic