• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,097 posts in this topic

Thought you couldn't trade guys in arbitration...

It would take Weber signing a short term deal, then when hes a UFA straight up signing a contract with the Nucks.

Cost to the Nucks: Nothing but the contract we sign him for.

IF we were able to get one or the other(Parise or Weber), which would be a better fit for our team this year?  I think that either one would help our team significantly.  Just curious to hear the thoughts of fellow canuck fans on which one of the two you'd prefer to be a part of our team..

there are many other threads on the topic already.

Parise personally. We have a great D and a good Goalie who can steal us games. With the added 40+ goals and the boost it provides to kesler its a no brainer. As well it provides a 2nd PP unit of Parise, Sturm, Higgins. It gives Burrows more time to focus on the PK.

Works better all around.

IF we were able to get one or the other(Parise or Weber), which would be a better fit for our team this year? I think that either one would help our team significantly. Just curious to hear the thoughts of fellow canuck fans on which one of the two you'd prefer to be a part of our team..

That's nowhere near enough. The Franson deal was a salary dump. That's why he got 'em for almost free.

This more reasonable. And it's just a starting point.

To VAN:

Shea Weber

3rd round pick

To NAS:

Alex Edler

Cody Hodgson

Chris Tanev

1st round pick

Don't really think its worth it for either team.

He said any combo of players guys. Learn to read it properly before you attack him. This isn't likely though, Hedman's potential is too good to give away. Only player I can probably see us going for is Ryan Malone and his contract isn't the best.

Mike Gillis should look into signing this guy , he has a lot of skill but a bit of a consistency problem. 16 goals and 22 points in 50 games last year playing on the Flyers' 3rd and 4th lines. Would look awesome playing on Kesler's wing, and could potentially get 50-60 points.

Thoughts?

Might have some potential...

... but AV would hate him. Think he hates Shirokov? Wait till he meets Zherdev!

Might have some potential...

... but AV would hate him. Think he hates Shirokov? Wait till he meets Zherdev!

I could see him signing a one year deal possibly. He's a risk and reward type player. Had a great season a few years ago with the rangers. I think he could be a great dynamic player potentially with kesler/Higgins/Raymond/ samuelsson. I would take the risk but who knows if MG would. I would rather have the Canucks go for Brad Winchester or Cam Janssen.

He would be a solid signing if he can play up to his potenial.

I been saying this same thing for a while now, he would be great on the 2nd line. Put Sturm down on the 3rd, he shouldn't be a second liner.. I think we should definitely sign him, the question for is how much? I'm thinking a 1.5 mil one year contract. :canucks: