Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,098 posts in this topic

sign him to a 1 year deal, and see what he can do.

i see your point (and i dont disagree with you) but let me play devil's advocate for a sec

would you have said that MG or AV would be willing to get a yapper like lapierre? with all there talk of only playing between the whistles i dont think many of us saw that coming.

again, not disagreeing with you...just saying

Forgive me if this has been posted prior. This is my first time on this rad site.

Might come across as a crazy move but at the end of the day is realistic.

Cory Schneider .900

Keith Ballard 4.2

For

P.A Parentau 1.2

Matt Moulson 3.1

Now I am sure people's argument is we are not getting much. I believe Matt Moulson going back to back 30 goals seasons paired with Kesler and Higgins/Raymond/Samuelson/ Sturm is an awesome second line. P.A Parentau was a great player for Hartford AHL for the past years, and had a great season last year on a not so great team. PA would be great moving up and down the lines. NYI gets a solid proven goaltender which they need, and a solid d-man which again they need

Anyways take it easy on me, my first post.

This would be a massive overpayment. Whitney is 39 years old. Biznasty is a self promoter who can scrap and that's about it. And you want to trade Hodgson, our #1 prospect, and Schneids for them?! And then you throw in Samuelsson too?!

Don't you think you could trade Whitney for Samuelsson straight up?

As it stands, the NYI are about 10m under the cap floor. This trade doesn't really help them get much closer to the 48m floor. As well, I believe that Schneider(perhaps packaged with a prospect/pick) could fetch us a bit more. Don't forget that Moulson plays on the top line with the Isles. As well, the Isles system has no sense of team defense. They try to play an all out attack, but they still fail..

Go first post though, and welcome to CDC.towel.gif

GO 2e6c8lc.png GO

We don't need mediocre second/third liners like Moulson and Parenteau. We already have nine forward as good as either of them, so they would end up playing on the third or fourth line. What we need is a defenseman to fill the gaping hole that Ehrhoff left.

We don't need mediocre second/third liners like Moulson and Parenteau. We already have nine forward as good as either of them, so they would end up playing on the third or fourth line. What we need is a defenseman to fill the gaping hole that Ehrhoff left.

I do not understand why anyone wants Zherdev.

Yes, I know he has supreme talent and shows flashes of brilliance. But those flashes show up way to infrequently. He is, by-and-large, an extremely lazy player who doesn't show up to play day-in day-out.

If he could put it all together, he would be an impact player. However he does not. His style of play and work ethic do not mesh with this team. He should be plying his trade back in the KHL.

We could get more than that for Ballard and Schneider... Schneider is a #1 goalie on some teams in the NHL, Ballard could probably crack the Top 4 on a lot of teams as well...

Even though The Isles seem to love getting goalies, I doubt they would accept as they still have (whats left of him anyways) Dipietro and his massive contract.

only put him in power play situation...he sucks 5 on 5, won't take a hit, won't give a hit

Matt Moulson with Kesler would be so deadly. That guy is the next Alex Burrows.

Was relieved that this wasn't another Doan thread, him and Weber seem to have permanent residency around these boards.

Then I read your proposal and wished it was a Doan thread....

I notice that the Coyotes need a number 2 centre or even a top centre if Martin Hanzal's not playing well and a goalie. Maybe we can work out a deal and trade Cody Hodgson and Schneider to the Coyotes for a top winger to play with Kes. I'm thinking the Canucks might go after Ray Whitney becaus he won the cup before and can score points during the playoffs.

To Canucks: Ray Whitney, 1st rd pick, and Paul Bissonnette

To Coyotes: Cody Hodgson, Cory Schneider, Mikael Samuelsson, 2nd rd pick

If this trade works out our lineups will look like this:

Daniel Sedin [6.100] / Henrik Sedin [6.100] / Alexandre Burrows [2.000]

Ray Whitney [3.000] / Ryan Kesler [5.000] / Chris Higgins [1.900]

Mason Raymond [2.550] / Manny Malhotra [2.500] / Marco Sturm [2.250]

Paul Bissonnette [612.500] / Maxim Lapierre [1.000] / Jannik Hansen [2.000]

Dan Hamhuis [4.500] / Kevin Bieksa [7.000]

Alexander Edler [3.250] / Sami Salo [2.000]

Keith Ballard [4.200] / Andrew Alberts [1.225]

Roberto Luongo [5.333]

Eddie Lack [900]