• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,097 posts in this topic

I don't think Gillis will ever make a contract more than 6 years, otherwise he would've locked the Sedins and Kesler up for life

I guess you never thought that TB wouldn't match that offer. How do you plan on fitting him under the salary cap since were close to the ceiling anyways?

You have to have the right team that needs a goaltender . Again!! Since you want to trade Schneider. Who do you plan on replacing him with? Remember you need a goaltender that can play 20-25 games without burning out your starting goaltender . And if you think Lack is your answer then ask yourself if it took Schneider 3-4 years in the minors how do you know its not going to take just as long for Lack to developed??

Anything can happened during a regular season . You haven't learned a darn thing FROM NJ HAVE YOU!! How many first round picks did they give up for Kovolchuck??? Wasn't NJ supposed to be in the playoffs having Kololchuck in the line up?? Weren't those picks supposed to be low too Canadiangunner????? Guess what Gunner those picks that NJ gave up became higher picks because they missed the playoffs. I really don't think the devils had plans on missing the playoffs, and what they gave up for a calibre player like Kovolchuck do you??????

There is no way your gonna recover five first round picks period. And you would be giving up alot more and that means not just

just giving up Schneider either. You be hurting this franchise for years to come.

Really tell that to teams like Detroit that those picks mean nothing to them. Count 20 plus years of having picks in the bottom of the barrow and still they find gems. Its been provin that with the right scouting you can find those players.

The New York Islanders are WAY under the cap floor. They need to spend money, but the are running out of options in the Free Agency market. The Islanders probably have the weakest defensive core of all the teams in the NHL, yes Calvin de Haan is looking ready to be a great contributor to the Islanders, but they weren't able to lock down Ehrhoff when they had the chance, and they have lost Martinek and Hilbert to Unrestricted Free Agency.

One guy I really like on the New York Islanders who I think is a winner, a hard competitor, and who I can see having great chemistry with Kesler is Blake Comeau. He can score, hit, play on the power play, kill penalties, and block shots. Sounds a lot like the kind of guy who can make things happen on Kesler's wing. He's on 25 years old, and he had 24 goals and 46 points in 77 games. As everyone knows, he is an RFA, and he is set to go to arbitration just like Hansen is.

The New York Islanders need to spend more money NOW. Say we traded Ballard to the Islanders, because of their lack of defensive depth, in return we can receive the rights to Blake Comeau, and sign him to much cheaper than Ballard. I can't see Comeau asking for any more than 4 mil a year. Plus, he's Canadian, and why wouldn't someone take a pay cut to play on a team that's in a great place to live, and is without a doubt among on of the NHL's greatest cup contenders.

A deal like this would benefit both teams. The Islanders will be that much closer to the minimum amount of money they can spend, and for us, this can give us more breathing room to be able to resign Jannik Hansen. Plus the cap space we have at this moment, if Ballard were traded, we would have enough left to be able to sign a veteran role defenseman, for example Brent Sopel, and maybe I'm just dreaming, but possibly Bryan McCabe.

If were able to get a young forward, like Blake Comeau to play alongside Kesler, or maybe even the Sedins, I think we will be without a doubt the most elite team in the league.

Thoughts?

You say NYI is way under the cap floor, so why don't they just give Comeau a more expensive contract? As much as I'd like to get him, I'd rather trade something else like some of our forwards and mid level prospects instead of taking away our defensive depth and trading Ballard.

The reason the Isles are under the cap floor is because their players suck.

And I wouldn't say trading Ballard benefits us. Heck, anything better than 4th line benefits NYI, but since Ehrhoff is gone, we're going to need Ballard.

You say NYI is way under the cap floor, so why don't they just give Comeau a more expensive contract? As much as I'd like to get him, I'd rather trade something else like some of our forwards and mid level prospects instead of taking away our defensive depth and trading Ballard.

Ballard was coming off surgery beforre the season started! Leave the guy out the trade comments as he is going to be so much better now he is properly healed! AV will learn he can now trust him to play in our 6 d man unit! He will be great and show his upside he lacked to show last season and playoffs! Him and chris tanev will be a dope 3rd pairing or even second!

The New York Islanders are WAY under the cap floor. They need to spend money, but the are running out of options in the Free Agency market. The Islanders probably have the weakest defensive core of all the teams in the NHL, yes Calvin de Haan is looking ready to be a great contributor to the Islanders, but they weren't able to lock down Ehrhoff when they had the chance, and they have lost Martinek and Hilbert to Unrestricted Free Agency.

One guy I really like on the New York Islanders who I think is a winner, a hard competitor, and who I can see having great chemistry with Kesler is Blake Comeau. He can score, hit, play on the power play, kill penalties, and block shots. Sounds a lot like the kind of guy who can make things happen on Kesler's wing. He's on 25 years old, and he had 24 goals and 46 points in 77 games. As everyone knows, he is an RFA, and he is set to go to arbitration just like Hansen is.

The New York Islanders need to spend more money NOW. Say we traded Ballard to the Islanders, because of their lack of defensive depth, in return we can receive the rights to Blake Comeau, and sign him to much cheaper than Ballard. I can't see Comeau asking for any more than 4 mil a year. Plus, he's Canadian, and why wouldn't someone take a pay cut to play on a team that's in a great place to live, and is without a doubt among on of the NHL's greatest cup contenders.

A deal like this would benefit both teams. The Islanders will be that much closer to the minimum amount of money they can spend, and for us, this can give us more breathing room to be able to resign Jannik Hansen. Plus the cap space we have at this moment, if Ballard were traded, we would have enough left to be able to sign a veteran role defenseman, for example Brent Sopel, and maybe I'm just dreaming, but possibly Bryan McCabe.

If were able to get a young forward, like Blake Comeau to play alongside Kesler, or maybe even the Sedins, I think we will be without a doubt the most elite team in the league.

Thoughts?

I like Comeau, he played for the Kelowna Rockets. But yeah, why would they trade for Ballard when they can just pay him more, and why do you think hes worth 4 million??

I know the owners are spending lots of money on their players, but can you imagine if Comeau came to Vancouver and signed for 4 million? Considering Burrows doesnt make that much? or Raymond ? That would cause some tension in the dressing room.

Nice thought but not going to happen.

We can forget about going after RFA's

What secondary forwars would they want from here? Raymond's injured, I don't see them going for Sturm, maybe Samuelsson for a leadership role, but if we were able to land a legitimate top 6 forward, we need cap room. I would really love to see Ballard get more playing time, because we all know how he can play if he gets enough ice, but with him and Av's relationship, I don't like the look of him staying here. Gillis and AV just have to get on the same page.

I guess you never thought that TB wouldn't match that offer. How do you plan on fitting him under the salary cap since were close to the ceiling anyways?

You have to have the right team that needs a goaltender . Again!! Since you want to trade Schneider. Who do you plan on replacing him with? Remember you need a goaltender that can play 20-25 games without burning out your starting goaltender . And if you think Lack is your answer then ask yourself if it took Schneider 3-4 years in the minors how do you know its not going to take just as long for Lack to developed??

Anything can happened during a regular season . You haven't learned a darn thing FROM NJ HAVE YOU!! How many first round picks did they give up for Kovolchuck??? Wasn't NJ supposed to be in the playoffs having Kololchuck in the line up?? Weren't those picks supposed to be low too Canadiangunner????? Guess what Gunner those picks that NJ gave up became higher picks because they missed the playoffs. I really don't think the devils had plans on missing the playoffs, and what they gave up for a calibre player like Kovolchuck do you??????

There is no way your gonna recover five first round picks period. And you would be giving up alot more and that means not just

just giving up Schneider either. You be hurting this franchise for years to come.

Really tell that to teams like Detroit that those picks mean nothing to them. Count 20 plus years of having picks in the bottom of the barrow and still they find gems. Its been provin that with the right scouting you can find those players.

So they are way under the cap, and you want to target a RFA on a team that's trying to get to the cap floor?

And their defense is actually not that bad. Mark Streit, Travis Hamonic, Calvin De Haan.

What secondary forwars would they want from here? Raymond's injured, I don't see them going for Sturm, maybe Samuelsson for a leadership role, but if we were able to land a legitimate top 6 forward, we need cap room. I would really love to see Ballard get more playing time, because we all know how he can play if he gets enough ice, but with him and Av's relationship, I don't like the look of him staying here. Gillis and AV just have to get on the same page.

I think that if you are to get anyone out of TB it would be Lecavelier at $7,727,273 cap hit.  Perhaps, swing a deal, once TB signs Stamkos to a $7M plus contract.  Do the following.

From Vancouver to TB:  

Luongo (be closer to wife's family) -$5.333M                      

Ballard                             -$4.2M                      

Hodgson (let's face it, this prospect will never get a chance in Vancouver)

Total Cap Hit                       -$9.533M

To Vancouver from TB:  Lecavelier   +$7.727M                      

Roloson                             +$3.5M                      

TB Defense Prospect                      

Total Cap Hit                       +$11.227M                      

Net Cap hit to Van                  +$1.694M                      

Remain cap to sign Hassen           +$2.198M

Canucks would be stronger up front, weaker on D and goal.  Allows for us to grow with Schneider but are handy capped by Lecaveliers contract. Hey, I would never do this trade but Lecavelier is the only $7M plus man you are getting out of Tampa Bay.

Hodgson hasn't been able to train for a full summer since pretty much his draft summer in 2008.

He got injured in 08-09 and was misdiagnosed for the entire 09-10 season. Finally last season he was diagnosed with a tear in his back and healed and began training in August of 2010 with G.Roberts.

I think he could be ready since he's a hard-worker and I think he would click with Kesler. Raymond's injury is a wild-card, because set-backs can always happen.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Cody Hodgson ($1.666m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m)

Marco Sturm ($2.250m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.500m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Victor Oreskovich ($0.750m)

Mark Mancari ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Sami Salo ($2.000m)

Aaron Rome ($0.750m) / Alexander Sulzer ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / Cory Schneider ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,249,999; BONUSES: $850,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,050,001

Stamkos is going to be the cornerstone of the TBL. A franchise player and I don't think that TB would let him go THAT easily.

Why would Stamkos sign a deal with another team that would directly impact the Lightning for years to come.

Although it's not up to him directly to take the financial haircut.

He does have to realize if he signs a contract with another team; it will directly impact the Lightning because they will match whatever the deal is..

Firstly I realize this will not happen because of the number of no trade clauses and gillis not asking players to waive them. So lets pretend there are no ntcs and look at the value.

Van-Ryan, Berglund, Stewart

Stl-Sedin, Sedin

Ana- Oshie, Stl 1st, Hodgson and a HEALTHY raymond

Vancouver gives Sedin, Sedin, Hodgson and Raymond

Vancouver gets Ryan, Berglund, Stewart

St. Louis gets Sedin and Sedin<br

St. Louis gives Berglund, Stewart, Oshie and a 1st

Anahiem gets Oshie, 1st, Hodgson and Raymond

Anahiem gives Ryan

Why Vancouver? I feel the Canucks are going to be unable to win a cup with the sedins. We give excellent players to get bigger and meaner players who can score. Ryan is a first liner, Berglund is a bonafide second liner on the verger of breaking out, and stewart is a young power forward capable of 30 goals. We give Kesler the team to lead and give him the supporting cast to help him do it.

Why St. Louis? Simply put they get two top 5 nhl players in the sedins. Sure it would hurt to lose those young guys they give up. But they have the depth to do it. This would also make them instant playoff contenders. A top nine of Sedin Sedin Backes, Steen McDonald Perron, Sobotka Arnott Langenbrunner is very good.

Why Anahiem? Simply put they will not have a second line in a couple of years when blake and koivu retire. Oshie could start off on the second line and by the next year should be ready for the first line. Hodgson could center the second line in a couple of years and start on the third since he is nhl ready. A healthy Raymond would play on the second line. The 1st is for a very deep one that should help get another forward to get top six minutes.

Trade 2:

Van-Hemsky

Edm- Schneider, 1st and Samuelsson

Why Vancouver? gets their playmaker for kesler and ryan

Why Edmonton? gets goalie for the future, 1st in a deep draft and a veteran winger to replace hemsky.

Signings

Hansen 3 years @1.2m per

Oreskovich 2 years @.7m per

Hannan 1 year @ 3m

any backup but for lineup just sign most expensive

Leclaire 1 year @1.5m<br

LINEUP

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

/Ales Hemsky ($4.100m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

/Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Patrik Berglund ($2.250m) / Chris Stewart ($2.875m)

/Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Marco Sturm ($2.250m)

/Victor Oreskovich ($0.700m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.200m)

/Andrew Ebbett ($0.525m) / Mark Mancari ($0.525m)/

DEFENSEMEN

/Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

/Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

/Sami Salo ($2.000m) / Scott Hannan ($3.000m)

/ Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

/Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / Pascal Leclaire ($1.500m)

/CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,208,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,091,667<br

Again I know this will not happen but I am looking at the value of the trades.