Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,098 posts in this topic

People should start reading the post more carefully, the OP already stated that this wouldn't be possible... he's just throwing it up in the air.

That being said, I don't think that the GM would give up the cornerstones of the franchise - even if they're too old. I love the idea of trading a bunch of players away for better players, but I don't think that your proposal was realistic.

Another point is that Kesler shouldn't be playing a winger position on a regular basis... he only does that on the special teams. Raymond is seriously injured and is worth next to nothing (unless Brian Burke decides to make a stupid deal...) until the trade deadline. Ballard is like Cheechoo, star power, but treated like crap. Hodgson has potential to be an ultimate playmaker. If you recall properly, he was the one with the most points in the junior championship... 30+ assists was it?

I like the Edmonton trade. They get some experience on their 2nd/ 3rd line with young goaltending talent. They will get another pick in the draft (that's their style, right?) and they ship over Hemsky. Hemsky is a fragile player since he plays in the Northwest division, but I am sure that he won't get his head kicked in THAT bad. Only thing about that is we're giving up a potential franchise goaltender for a player who has 1 year left on their contract. Instead of Hemsky, I'd send the trade over to Boston and acquire Lucic. He's lived in Vancouver, a HUGE part of the Bruins' cup run, and another 'Ryan Kesler' type player.

I like the signings as well... not so much Leclaire, but everything else looks good.

I like some of your thinking, but if everyone were to think realistically and start flaming, that's their problem.

God damn CDC i swear you all think up the same garbage and spew it on here.

Samuelsson - Old, No trade value except at the deadline to a team that needs playoff experts. ( Value him at a 6th or 7th pick)

Raymond - Currently wearing a back brack and currently his Value is low, very very low. He needs to prove his worth all over again with a surgery this serious. ( Value him at 5th right now )

Ballard - As confident as a fat kid with his shirt off after last season. High caphit with little production, dosent make him that valuable. ( Value him at a 3rd pick right now)

1st round pick - Value is a 1st round pick.

So your saying Weber for 1st, 6th, 5th and 3rd round pick..

Bravo smart guy. If you were Nashville GM Would you take all thie garbage you have supplied for the best Dman in the game ?

Canucks need cap space so we trade Samuelson- Raymond-Ballard-albert-duco-and 1st round pick to capitals and take all-star Alex ovechkin and Colorado's 1st and 2nd round pick. this frees up 14+ mill - 9 mill if happens so 5+mill in total

washington does this: to get two good d-man and Samuelson a 50 point scorer as well Raymond to get 25 goals a prospect and a pick

why canucks do this: get superstar Alex ovechkin and a good draft pick from 1- 10 overall

2nd trade} Than we trade 3 1st round and a 2nd round (all canucks picks) for Phil Kessel

Phil can play with kesler 2 americans and either burr-OV-or higgins

Toronto does this to get draft pick cuz they are rebuilding and need picks

3rd trade) (only happens on draft day next year) Colorado's 1st round and 2nd round and our 2 7th rounds to the oilers or whoever has the 1st overall pick fot that pick and 31st overall pick

this trade only happens if colorado gets the 2nd or 3rd overall pick again

this is again another pipe dream. so i know it wont work but if it did that would be awesome.

and also i don't know if any of these guys except ov have ntc's on them

also what happens if a player that has an ntc on them and wants to get traded to a specific team do they get traded or is it the gm say of who goes where?

plz respond

go :canucks: go

is this how you spread the stupid around?

How about this.... the hotdog vendor, guy tending bar, lead janitor, and a popcorn machine for Toews and Kane....

Sound good to all of you ?

We had one of these guys yesterday too... comedians!

Canucks gets cap space, probably a top10 pick next year, get rid of overpaid underachiever Ballard, get rid of 2 injured player, get rid of 2 others plugs. Also gets a top 3 player in the league, but that is not the focal point of this trade.

Washington, who is probably over the cap already, gets an extra 5M$ on the cap hit, loose a 50-60 goals scorer. But receives the head chopper to boolster their defense and bring them a cup

If i were Mike Gillis, I would think about twice before doing this...

Also the definition of a blockbuster trade I believe is when superstar players are included in both teams. Canucks gets rid of all their crap and receives a superstar...wtf?

Also the definition of a blockbuster trade I believe is when superstar players are included in both teams. Canucks gets rid of all their crap and receives a superstar...wtf?

Re-Signings:

Jannik Hansen to a 1 year deal @ 1.6 mil

Signings:

Brad Winchester to a 1 year deal at $675,000

Anton Stralman to a 1 year deal @ 1.250 mil

Trades:

To Vancouver:

David Clarkson

To New Jersey:

2nd round draft pick- 2012

If New Jersey wishes to re-sign Zach Parise, the Devils will likely need to get some cap space in order to keep Parise for long-term. New Jersey's most expendable asset is probably David Clarkson, who is at a cap hit that can be a significant dump for the Devils and he has value to whatever team he heads to. Clarkson gives the Canucks what they desparately need, a tough, agitating forward who can chip in offence and drop the mitts when necessary. This trade allows the Devils to re-sign Parise to a long term contract without cap constraints and it solidifies their future with the addition of a draft pick in a potential deep draft.

Final Lineup:

Sedin (6.1)- Sedin (6.1)- Burrows (2)- Same scoring line as last season

Higgins (1.9)- Kesler (5)- Samuelsson (2.5)- Secondary scoring production (45+ points for all 3)

Sturm (2.250)- Malhotra (2.5)- Clarkson (2.667)- Checking line that can also provide some secondary offence.

Winchester (0.675)- Lapierre (1)- Hansen (1.6)- Winchester replaces Torres- similar third line from the playoffs

Hamhuis (4.5)- Bieksa (4.6)- Shutdown pairing

Edler (3.250)- Ballard (4.2)- Two-way pairing that provides offence

Salo (2)- Stralman (1.250)- Depth pairing that can also provide offence.

Alberts (1.250)/Rome (0.750)

Luongo (5.333)

Schneider (0.900)

Cap Hit: 62.325 mil

Nice lineup, but I don't think Clarkson is the answer. Plus Kesler needs a legit top 6 winger not Samuelsson, Raymond, Higgins or Sturm. He needs someone like Parise, Hartnell, Semin, Dubinsky, Callahan, etc.

looks solid except for the second line.. I also think we need to make a significant addition to that line.