Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,098 posts in this topic

you mean to trade for tavares and grabner? ok i'd be down with that

No, first of all we don't need another scorer, we need someone who can set up kesler. secondly there is no way MG is going to trade ballard just yet. thirdly, if you are going to trade ballard then ballard and a pick is enough to get you matt moulson, no need to throw in schroeder.

Willie Mitchell of course!!!emot-parrot.gif

Willie Mitchell is a solid defensive defenseman, which I believe the Canucks are still missing. As much as I want to see Ballard excel in our top 4 I can't see AV giving him the chance. He'd rather play Rome(ance).

Willie Mitchell was, and still is, loved by Canucks fans, and would be welcomed back with open arms. He brings many things to the Canucks that are important in today's NHL that we may be lacking. He brings toughness and size, using his 6'3, 212lbs to clear out the front of the net. He also brings some offence, registering a career high 5 goals last year. Not only that but his leadership abilities would be greatly welcomed to support the Sedin's, Kesler, and Lu in the dressing room. This guy is also a defensive stalwart, having a +86 in his career!

Finally, I believe that Willie Mitchell would be the perfect defence partner for Alex Edler to help him complete his development. With Mitchell's help, I believe that Edler would soon become that #1-2 defenseman that we need him to be. Look at what happened to Bieksa this year with the help of defensive defenseman Dan Hamhuis. He was allowed to play a more relaxed style and take more offensive risks, knowing that Hamhuis was back to cover for him. Hamhuis helped him improve on the defensive side of the game as well. With Mitchell as his partner, Edler would also be able to take these chances, which, IMO, would help him develop into a 50-60 point man instead of a 40-50 point guy. I believe that he would also become very solid defensively as well.

Therefore, getting Mitchell, while he is a defensive defenseman, would help us replace some of Ehrhoff's lost offence through the way that Edler would improve his offensive game.

Please MG, Mitchell is a beloved figure in Vancouver, and a very solid top-4 defenseman. He would improve our team toughness, making us harder to play against, as well as solidify Alex Edler. As much as I like Ballard(trust me, I'm no Ballard basher!smile.gif) I don't think that he will get the opportunity in Vancouver.

Imagine a top 6 D of:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Mitchell

Salo-Tanev

I could see L.A. trading Mitchell considering that they still have to sign Doughty. Without him, their defence would still look pretty good.

Doughy-Johnson

Greene-Scuderi

Martinez-Drewiske

I could see maybe... Samuelsson+2nd for Mitchell?

... Ballard to NYI for 2nd or 3rd round pick.(would be high round pick b/c Isles usually suck).

EDIT: Since we get about 3mill back by losing Ballard and Sammy and getting Mitchell, we could use that and some of our other cap space to sign a legit top-six winger fir around 5mill.

MG get 'er done!towel.giftowel.giftowel.gif

Would you guys like to see Willie come back home? Do you think that the Kings would give him up, and if so, what for? Are there any other options for our top-4?(again, I don't know if AV will play Ballard top-4 minutes).

And please don't turn this into a Ballard vs. Mitchell thread.

GO 2e6c8lc.png GO

Willie Mitchell of course!!!emot-parrot.gif

Willie Mitchell is a solid defensive defenseman, which I believe the Canucks are still missing. As much as I want to see Ballard excel in our top 4 I can't see AV giving him the chance. He'd rather play Rome(ance).

Sorry, but that ship has sailed. Mitchell doesn't fit into the team we have right now, he's not mobile enough.

And I think you'll find out this season that Ballard is a way better player than he showed.

Ballard isn't by any means a defensive defenceman, I think you have got him confused with Hamhuis, but it's okay we picked them both up around the same time.

Willie and Edler are both left side D-men .. we need a top 4 right side d-man if we add any D at all .. and Willie is way over-rated .. a pylon not worth his salary .. a great guy, but then Hitler was a great public speaker too .. :P .. in my life I have never seen a defense-man pass the puck back to the point on the PK better than Willie .. what was he .. 7% on clearing the puck from his own zone on the PK?? .. something like that .. :bored:

Really bad asset management.

Samuelsson + 2nd for Mitchell.

Ballard for 2nd/3rd.

Basically, the picks going out and coming back are a wash. So you have Samuelsson and Ballard going out for Mitchell coming back.

Samuelsson + Ballard for Mitchell? :huh:

Sorry, but that ship has sailed. Mitchell doesn't fit into the team we have right now, he's not mobile enough.

And I think you'll find out this season that Ballard is a way better player than he showed.

Willie and Edler are both left side D-men .. we need a top 4 right side d-man if we add any D at all .. and Willie is way over-rated .. a pylon not worth his salary .. a great guy, but then Hitler was a great public speaker too .. :P .. in my life I have never seen a defense-man pass the puck back to the point on the PK better than Willie .. what was he .. 7% on clearing the puck from his own zone on the PK?? .. something like that .. :bored:

It hurt to see him leave, but he won't be coming back.

I think he was offended by the lack of a serious offer from Vancouver following his concussion shortened season, and he has fit in very well with L.A.

As DeNiro said, That ship has sailed. I'm sure MG regrets letting him go, but at the time it seemed risky to tie up $3.5 mil per year on a guy who was still struggling with his concussion problems. It looks like a decent deal now, but I understand why they chose to let him go.

It would be nice to have Mitchell back, but don't get your hopes high, it's not going to happen.

Ballard for 2nd/3rd.

Basically, the picks going out and coming back are a wash. So you have Samuelsson and Ballard going out for Mitchell coming back.

Brilliant!

Next on the agenda, trade Schneider for Souray because he's got a bomb from the point and will help us on our dreaded powerplay against Bruins and be ause Dallas needs a real goalie this will be easy piecey

Git 'er done MG!!

Ballard for 2nd/3rd.

Brilliant!

Next on the agenda, trade Schneider for Souray because he's got a bomb from the point and will help us on our dreaded powerplay against Bruins and be ause Dallas needs a real goalie this will be easy piecey

Git 'er done MG!!

No, Mitchell's not the same Mitchell that we had before. He's had a severe concussion, is much older, and won't fit in very well with our speed-oriented team.

Who do you think? Ballard or Mitchell? :lol: