• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,097 posts in this topic

1) Bieksa will only be gone if the Canucks acquire Hamhuis or a defenceman of similiar fortitude.

2) Salary cap implications don't happen until the start of the 2010-2011 season. The Canucks can be over the cap by as much as 20% but have to have the cap down to a suitable level by the start of the season.

How about

Sedin Sedin Burr 14.2

Raymond Kesler Sammy 10.5

Dupuis Madden Armstrong 5.6

Rypen \ Hodgson \ Schroeder \ Shirokov, Welly, Oreskovich 3.5

Ballard Ehrhoff 7.3

Salo Edler 6.75

Foster M.A. Bergeron \ Sutton 4.0

Lou 6.7

____ .5

Cap Hit 58.8

trade Bieksa for Dupuis

sign Madden 1.75

sign Armstrong 2.4

sign Foster 2.0

sign M.A. Bergeron 2.0 or

sign Sutton 2.0

resign Raymond 2.5

resign Wellwood 1.4

Please dont Flame just a suggestion

there is alot of signings so it might not happen

Defencemen

1. Dan Hamhuis

2. Anton Volchenkov

3. Sergei Gonchar

4. Paul Martin

5. Zbynek Michalek

6. Pavel Kubina

7. Willie Mitchell

8. Kurtis Foster

9. Kim Johnson

10. Joe Corvo

Most signs point to a move. And if I were Bieksa, I'd want to get away from the constant scapegoating fans and media in this city.

But I wouldn't be too upset if Bieksa stays, plays out his current contract and then signs for less. A contract similar to Steve Montador in BUF.

I doubt it though. Cap space is tight next season and Bieksa will probably look for more elsewhere when he hits FA.

This is pure speculation but i would suspect that Gillis already has a trade set up for Bieksa. He is waiting to find out if he can grab a D-man (Hamuis/Martin) July 1. before he pulls the trigger. If we land a big one Boom boom is gone. If not, he stays. Boom boom for picks im guessing.

Sykora doesn't have any gas left in the tank, he ended his career in the NHL with 3 points in 14 games.

What does Burish bring to the team? Nothing, except for a loud mouth. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the 4th line center position. Even if you don't like Ryan Johnson, you'd have to be an idiot to think Burish is an upgrade on him.

Selanne will retire as a Duck.

Tallinder would be a good signing.

My UFA wishlist:

Colby Armstrong (2.5?)- 3rd line winger

Manny Malhotra (1?)- 4th line center

Hamhuis (4?)- Dman

Traded:

Bieksa

Let go:

Demitra

Wellwood

Johnson

O'Brien

Sedin(6.1)-Sedin(6.1)-Burrows(2)

Raymond(*)-Kesler(5)-Samuelson(2.5)

Armstrong(**)-Hodgson(1)-Hansen(*)

Oreskovic(.438)-Malhotra(**)-Rypien(.55)

*Hordi(.775)

Erhoff(3.1)-Salo(3.5)

Ballard(4.2)-Hamhuis(**)

Edler(3.25)-Alberts(1.05)

*Rome(.75)

Luongo(5.333)

Schneider(.9)

Current Cap hit: 46.546

10/11 Cap: 59.4

Current Cap space: 12.854

* - 2xRFA (~4.5)

** - 3xUFA (~7.5)

Potential Cap hit: 58.546

Potential Cap space: .854 (tight squeeze)

If the rumors are to be believed, the Pens will sign Gonchar or Hamhuis, maybe both - I have no idea. I just don't see them not being able to come to terms with both players and letting them walk. Also, if Gonchar/Hamhuis is signed, I'm not sure what kind of cap room that leaves them with in order to be able to take on Bieksa's contract.

If the rumors are to be believed, the Pens will sign Gonchar or Hamhuis, maybe both - I have no idea. I just don't see them not being able to come to terms with both players and letting them walk. Also, if Gonchar/Hamhuis is signed, I'm not sure what kind of cap room that leaves them with in order to be able to take on Bieksa's contract.

I'm not a big fan of Dupuis, but I wouldn't mind the cap dump.

I don't think Foster will sign for 1 million after his last season. He could probably get 2-2.5.

Somehow I see Bieksa in TOR.

PHANEUF - BIEKSA could be very enticing for Burke.

Then we could have a defense of: Mitchell, Erhoff, Edler, Salo, Hamhuis and Ballard

You need one more player to make the 23 man roster complete.

I'm just going to put this here, since it doesn't deserve it's own thread. Cheechoo has been put on waivers by Ottawa according to TSN. He could potentially fit in with the Sedins, big upside if they can cox the 40g+ player out of him and minimal risk. Only needing (I think) to pick up half his salary due to waivers at 1.5m. If he works out great, and if he doesn't just bury him in the minors.

This looks to me almost a little risk, potential huge upside possibilities.

Lauri Tukonen and Enver Lisin are a couple of young players that were not qualified and going to be UFAs.

Nolan and Modano are a couple of vet that could help the team.

None will be PPG, but could put up 30-40 points if played correctly.

raffi_baby_beluga.jpg

With all those awesome photos, I cant believe you left this one out:

I think that GIllis will shop Kevin Bieksa once the other defensemen get signed (Volchenkov, Hamhuis, Martin, Zbynek). But if none of them sign with us, then I'm thinking Bieksa plays out his last year for the Canucks.

If there's a team out there desperate for a defenseman, Bieksa's at $3.75M is reasonable. I'm hoping we'd be able to acquire a big bodied, versatile forward for the 3rd line in exchange.