• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,097 posts in this topic

He is an experienced checking forward who has the ability to score goals as well, and would be a great vetran to play on a wing with Hodgson. Thoughts???

No thanks. Doesn't make the team better = waste of time.

God no, I couldn't stand him as an Oiler. He's inconsistent and is a very stupid player when he gets emotional or frustrated. I think that, in time, we would want him out of here faster than Alberts...

Id pick this guy up I was hoping when he was on waivers last year they would have. be great on the third line I mean hes a former 50 goal scorer. Him with hodgson would be nice

Aww I loved him when he played for the Sharks. I thought he was amazing, he went downhill after that.

for $3.5 million, not a chance.......if there was anyway to get him for $1 million, it might be worth the risk. not sure what happened to him, he had such a great scoring touch. it seems to be a mental issue with him. at 29, if he could find his game again, he'd still have a few good years left. ofcourse, thats if he has anything good left.

for $3.5 million, not a chance.......if there was anyway to get him for $1 million, it might be worth the risk. not sure what happened to him, he had such a great scoring touch. it seems to be a mental issue with him. at 29, if he could find his game again, he'd still have a few good years left. ofcourse, thats if he has anything good left.

Sign him for MAXIMUM salary, 10-year no-trade clause, along with every other clause so we get screwed over.

The future face of the Vancouver Canucks... Jonathan Cheechoo!!

Dirty cheap and a two way contract.

He has to prove he can play in the NHL still.

And of course, having 50 goals one year had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact his linemates were Thornton and Marleau

If you grab a guy off waivers the team you stole him from is on the hook for a portion of the salary, not sure how much but i do think he would cost us less then 3.5 I think

I think that GIllis will shop Kevin Bieksa once the other defensemen get signed (Volchenkov, Hamhuis, Martin, Zbynek). But if none of them sign with us, then I'm thinking Bieksa plays out his last year for the Canucks.

If there's a team out there desperate for a defenseman, Bieksa's at $3.75M is reasonable. I'm hoping we'd be able to acquire a big bodied, versatile forward for the 3rd line in exchange.

no way, he seems to have lost the passion for the game and isn't even half the player he was during the 50 goal year.

He has suffered a slew of injuries since his 50 goal season. He's nowhere near that player right now. There's a good reason he's being placed on waivers.

.... what about bieksa and a 1st for shea webber :blink: