• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The.Burrowers

Luongo for Lecavalier

9,097 posts in this topic

I think I like Nystrom the best in that bunch and I think he could be on the 3rd line. I like Lapierre, but I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

I would add Dan Paille, Petteri Nokelainen, Jared Boll, Ben Guite, Cody McCormick, Matt Ellis, and Christoph Schubert to your list. They may not all have the same description as you have, but they would all look good on our 4th line.

Sutter is a joke.

Nystrom, we'll take your 10 goals playing fourth line.

didnt his play diminish when Kovy left? lol I think he want too much for not being that good.

Would NJ trade Parise or would TB trade St. Louis in his prime? Would they even trade him right now?

HE HAD ONE GOOD YEAR WHEN HE WAS PLAYING FOR A CONTRACT. HE IS SET FOR LIFE NOW SO HE HAS NO FIRE IN HIS BELLY. IF THEY SIGN HIM I WILL FIND IT HARD TO CHEER FOR HIM. HE JUST SUCKS.

Yup i would definatley take Eric Nystrom...he can line up at all 3 forward positions and plays a sound 2-way game.

Nystrom would turn into a fan favorite here instantly. Plays hard every shift. Hits hard, fights, block shots, can pot in a few goals here and there.

Perfect 3rd/4th line guy

we would probably have to give them Shroeder or Hodgson for them to even look at the trade.

Cody Franson is a RFA and has the potential to become very good. I was wondering what would we have to give Nashville if the extend a qualifying offer and we sign him?

I bet they would want Mason Raymond in return for Franson.

Love the kid.

Won't be as "hero" as he was in the World Juniors though.

I bet they would want Mason Raymond in return for Franson.

We on earth does everyone put Ehrhoff on the bottom paring in their proposals?

pure pwnage is right, minimal minutes is not going to develop these young guys.  if you are an offensive player like coho or schroeder, they need to get some minutes on the PP, getting the opportunity to make a difference offensively.now, while i believe cody hodgson is ready for for the NHL i think schroeder may be a year or two off.  and erhoff was our best defenseman last season. . . assuming we land hamhuis and trade bieksa, there is 120 man minutes for the D to play.

24 for ballard

23 for hamhuis

22 for erhoff

21 for edler

20 for salo

10 for o'brien

Ah yes, yet another thread involving trading Bieksa for a forward, even though his trade value at this point is virtually nil and the Canucks are sorely lacking on defense.

Because we all know for a fact that we're going to sign Hamhuis, right?

I think they would rather just re-sign Shultz then get Bieksa.

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Burrows(Samuelsson)

Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson(Burrows)

Wellwood(he played wing in Toronto)-Hodgson-Oreskovich (I think Schroeder will need one more year of development)

Hansen-Johnson-Rypien (or a byfuglien type player can replace anybody on the fourth line)

Every defensive pairing should have a right handed and left handed shot.

Erhoff-Edler (Both are left handed but, Erhoff had experience playing the right side in San Jose)

Hamhuis-Salo (Hanhuis is left, Salo is right)

Ballard-Bieksa (Ballard is left, Bieksa is right)

Rome-Alberts (I don't really care about this pairing)

Luongo (I believe he'll have a comeback season)

Schneider (I believe he'll play about 15 games and win maybe 10 of them)