Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Luongo for Lecavalier

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9097 replies to this topic

#3241 SpinDrive

SpinDrive

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Believing in religion is like believing Raymond is going to win the Rocket Richard.

#3242 mstad101

mstad101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

To join Sanford, Samuelsson and other "Canuck killers" as players who've left those teams to become a Canuck?

Worth a shot. Can't hurt our play against the Wild.
QUOTE(Canucks92 @ Sep 21 2007, 3:16 PM) *
I hear Ovechkin wants to sign with Vancouver and sneak over hear like Malkin did in Russia. Lulz sneak snake he is. Then I hear the Pitsburgh GM, Wayne Gretzky cuz hes GM cuz Crosby good and Gretzky good also, so anyways lulzz.. he said he want Burrows for Corbys i mean Crosby, omg hawt abs? wtF?...
anyways yea our toplines would be like Ovechkin-Crosby-Raymond Seddin-Seddin-Pyatt then we can like draft Tavares and our lines would be like Ovechkin-Tavars0Crosby Seiddn-Sedin-Rayomdn then i heard that o;luongo wants boredur to sign with vancouver so then our linuepu could be l2 ovhechkin-Crosby-Tavvy Sedinx2-Raymond luuouzmvp Broducsuckdevin443 then we wint he cup like until 2024 after we accidently break the stanleu cup like BC lions did lulz we can like trad bourdon +conditon _x4 1st round picks
for Giblert Burtle Burles? wtf...BRULE and make hem catpain cuz he ex-gaint and ex-gaints are freakin' MUNMSTTTTTTTTTTTERSSS

#3243 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,298 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

If they're as similar as you say they are, why would either team trade them? GMs don't make trades for the hell of it; they make them to improve their team.

#3244 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Brunette is staying a Wild till he retires.

You will be missed.

#3245 DrChill

DrChill

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Weird I thought this was the off season thread but everyone is talking about trades now....

#3246 casualty

casualty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

to Tampa

R.Luongo-5.33
M.Raymond-2.5
R.Torres-1

to Vancouver

R.Malone-4.5
S.Dowmie-1.85
N.Thompson-.625
D.Roloson-2.5
1st round pick

This works in so many ways, Luongo would accept a trade back to Florida, I believe. The Canucks get a Power Forward and an gritty forward who pisses people off, much like burrows.

Tampa Bay somehow has allowed 150 goals and still has a winning record! blows me away. Yzerman would make this trade anyday and so would I if I was Mike Gillis. The Canucks arnt getting everything they could in this deal but were else would Luongo agree to be traded to.

The Canucks come out a better team in the end and get rid of Luongos ridiculous contract and it just would fit under the cap with the current injuries.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Malone Kesler Shirokov
Hansen Malholtra Samuelson
Glass Thompson Downie
Tambelini Bolduc Volpatti

Ehroff Edler
Hamuis Bieksa
Ballard Salo
Rome Alberts

Schnieder
Roloson
Posted Image
BACK TO THE FUTURE - thanks Samk

#3247 Kesler4Selke

Kesler4Selke

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Posted Image
By 7thMan

#3248 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,736 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Why do we want to trade Luongo?

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#3249 casualty

casualty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

<br />Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I know but is he playing any better then Schnieder now? Is he older? Is his contract to long? Is his Cap hit more?

The answes are YES to all the above
Posted Image

#3250 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Why not trade the twins and Kesler while your at it and go into full rebuild mode.

#3251 casualty

casualty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

<br />Why do we want to trade Luongo?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

We wouldnt want to but seriously if we can get the same goaltending from schnieder for one third the price, why not?

We would get a the true power forward in malone this team needs bad.

Was just a thought. Like in theory if Luongo wanted to be traded, I am bored as well so that helps.
Posted Image

#3252 Kesler4Selke

Kesler4Selke

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I know but is he playing any better then Schnieder now? Is he older? Is his contract to long? Is his Cap hit more?<br /><br />The answes are YES to all the above

This is a ridiculous proposal.

/Thread.
Posted Image
By 7thMan

#3253 casualty

casualty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

<br />This is a ridiculous proposal.<br /><br />/Thread.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

No its not, The canucks would be a better team if they made this trade.

Are you saying that Luongo has out performed Schnieder this year?

It allows the D to stay in tact and adds size and grit to the forwards.

Malone is what the Canucks need.
Posted Image

#3254 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

<br /><br /><br />

No its not, The canucks would be a better team if they made this trade.

Are you saying that Luongo has out performed Schnieder this year?

It allows the D to stay in tact and adds size and grit to the forwards.

Malone is what the Canucks need.

No you're wrong. There's nothing wrong with the Canucks right now, we have a good thing going with the Lu/Schneider tandem. To give up on a franchise goalie like Luongo is pure stupidity.

First off, as you pointed out, he has a ridiculous contract, his trade value isn't going to be as high as Schneiders.
Second, you don't sign a 12 year contract with a team only to waive a NMC on the first year.
Third: Let's see what the 2 teams who gave up on Lu look like right now:
- The Islanders are using DiPi and a 15 year contract, have been bottomfeeders in the last couple years. Their backups are Lawson/Poulin both inexperienced, average goalies that won't become of anything
- The Panthers are riding Vokoun, who has put up good numbers, but at a higher cap hit than Lu. Are they a playoff team? Will they be a playoff team any time soon?

Case and point, don't be a Mike Milbury or a Mike Keenan when you don't have to/need to. Keep in mind when Lu was traded, both of those teams weren't in the middle of what is considered their franchise's best season/best chance for a cup.

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#3255 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

Why not trade the twins and Kesler while your at it and go into full rebuild mode.

Only if Stankos, St-Louis, Hedman and lecavalier are coming back.

Posted Image

#3256 underrated

underrated

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Luongo obviously won't be traded.

However let's go along with this for the fun of it since none of the proposals on this board will actually come to fruition because none of us are Mike Gillis!

Luongo to Tampa Bay makes sense more than most other teams. The reasons being that he's back in Florida by his wife (as you mentioned), they have a good young team with guys like Hedman and Stamkos so Lu would be willing to waive his NTC to go play there. They need a goalie for the long term since Roloson is a short term solution and their other goalies clearly haven't stepped up to what they need. Also, trading Lu to Tampa would make sense for Vancouver since getting a veteran like Roloson to split time with Schneider still gives us a good goalie scenario AND we can get great players for Lu in a trade.

BUT

That deal that you gave the Canucks for Luongo makes absolutely no sense for us whatsoever. Why trade a franchise goaltender in his prime for this?
Malone is a -8 on the year! He has a cap hit of 4.5 million for a number more yeras which means we won't be able to re-sign Ehrhoff. He's a power forward which is nice but is still living off of his one good year in Pittsburgh before he signed his big contract. I'm not sure I'd take him and his contract for a much smaller deal.
Nate Thompson may be good at what he does, but what he does is plays as a fourth liner. He is a dime a dozen and not worth caring about enough to make a trade like this.
Steve Downie is an exciting and great two way young player but he's also terrible in the locker room and has a brutal reputation around the league. He'd be walking into a locker room that's great. Why would we add that element to the mix in a year that we have so much potential? Also, you include Torres in the deal. Downie is just a younger Torres so we don't actually improve all that much on the ice with that trade off this year.
Roloson is a veteran goalie who I like but clearly not a long term part of this franchise so he's just a filler.
The first round pick isn't going to be high.

It makes no sense on any level.
When all things are taken into consideration like age, cost, potential, etc this is how I see it:
Raymond > Malone (even though Raymond is slumping right now)
Downie > Torres (long term cause of age but this year Torres has 8 more goals and 3 more points)
Luongo >>>>> Thompson, ROloson, late 1st

If we are to trade Luongo to Tampa, this is the deal I'd be looking for their good young players in return:
Luongo, Bieksa, Samuelsson, Ellington to Tampa for Hedman, Carter Ashton, Brett Connolly, Roloson (and maybe the expiring contract of the terrible -21 Simon Gagne if they want to get rid of him. However they do have lots of cap space).

#3257 ☆➊ R. 'Superman' Kesler ➐☆

☆➊ R. 'Superman' Kesler ➐☆

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Quebec Nordiques

#3258 Foo202

Foo202

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

This would be an ok proposal in my mind heading into the future, but the huge problem here is, we are going for a cup this year. Are we really going to pin our Stanley Cup hopes on a tandem of a good, but aging goaltender in Roloson and a Rookie in Schneider in comparison to a Luongo

#3259 Evil Roach

Evil Roach

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

Woorrsst, we aint rebuilding....

#3260 Gillis' Blackberry

Gillis' Blackberry

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

This is the stupidest proposal because yzerman isn't an idiot like you !
Posted Image

#3261 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Tampa Bay gets anal raped here.. Stamkos and a 1st is worth more than all the canucks you threw in that proposal.

#3262 c0medyClub

c0medyClub

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

Malone is an overpaid turd that milked Tampa for a fat multi million dollar contract. Roloson sucks.etc.
Posted Image
credit to CaptainUnderpants!

Posted Image

LED ZEPPELIN IS GROSSLY OVERRATED

#3263 casualty

casualty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Luongo has hardly any trade value because of his contract.

As mentioned, this is for fun, I love the canucks and thought I'd play GM for a couple minutes

cheers
Posted Image

#3264 Guest_burrows_*

Guest_burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

Only player I like in the deal coming back is Downie:P

#3265 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

this is alot better than some of the other proposal, at least its refreshing and not a proposal for hedman, stamkos, parise, weber, etc

but you know luongo is unlikely to be moved in the next 5-6 years unless he wants out

#3266 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,497 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Umm, no.

307mg00.jpg

#3267 sville10

sville10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

We missed out on plenty of good players in last years draft, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. The 1st round pick was included in the Ballard trade, and that kid is going to be a good player, was on the Canadian Junior Team.

So I say this year, we don't include any picks in trades if we can, and instead of building 7 picks up, 6 of them most likely not ever becoming NHLers let's trade up the line!

For instance,

TO FLORIDA:

VAN--- 2011 1st Round Pick
2011 4th Round Pick

TO VANCOUVER:

FLA--- 2011 1st Round Pick

This way we're giving up our 28th-30th overall pick and a reasonably high pick in a 4th rounder, for a guaranteed top 10 overall pick who has a greater chance of succeeding in the NHL.

Florida is in the position where they want as many picks as possible so they'd really consider it.

#3268 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Florida is rebuilding, It will take more to get that pick. A team like Boston might give up Torontos pick.

#3269 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Hahahaha a 4th round pick to jump up 20-25 spots?!?!?

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#3270 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

the panthers could possibly end up with a lottery pick and at least top 10 most likely
you don't jump like 15 spots up the draft for a 4th rounder

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.