The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

If you want to find something negative about the holidays, it pretty hard to get back into your favourite TV shows after weeks of absence. The one thing I really don't love about HIMYM is the fact that the episodes are only 20-22 minutes in length, and when you are dealing with 5 main characters, it's pretty difficult to successfully move a plot along while remaining humourous. Still, love the show, glad its back to its weekly episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

HIMYM news:

They have not cast the mother — and doing so is going to be a pain

How do you put a face to one of the most iconic characters in a series? Well, Bays and Thomas haven’t figured that out yet. “There is the one school of thought where you want her to turn around and she’s Jennifer Aniston because it has to be, like, a huge star, but maybe it should be someone we’ve never seen before,” says Bays. Jokingly (we think), Thomas lamented that Cobie Smulders “should have been the mother…. We screwed up.”

I agree!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/11/how-i-met-your-mother-five-scooplets-from-tca/

So I read a theory about who the mother could be:

Remember in the episode Legendaddy, when Barney went to Jerry's house for dinner. When Jerry was talking about his kids, and he said he had a daughter that was in college. Since she wasn't at the dinner, I assume she would be living near the college. Aka, she could be Rachel Bilson's roommate?! Ted meets his wife at Barney's wedding, so it makes sense why Barney's half sister would be at the wedding.

Ted's going to marry Barney's half sister. Its true, quote me on it. Seriously, I dare you to!

Remember in the episode Legendaddy, when Barney went to Jerry's house for dinner. When Jerry was talking about his kids, and he said he had a daughter that was in college. Since she wasn't at the dinner, I assume she would be living near the college. Aka, she could be Rachel Bilson's roommate?! Ted meets his wife at Barney's wedding, so it makes sense why Barney's half sister would be at the wedding.

Ted's going to marry Barney's half sister. Its true, quote me on it. Seriously, I dare you to!

ya that seems to be a popular theory and it definitely makes sense

it'd be cool because Barney is always wanting Ted to be his "bro" and he's always felt bad about not having his dad around so this would kind of make up for both.

Whomever the mother is, I hope they cast someone who is amazing. She'll have to blow Robin right out of the water because, imo, Ted and Robin were the best couple on the show. I liked them even better than Lily and Marshall. So the mother is going to have to be a really cool chick that the audience deems as being worthy of Ted's love.

ya that seems to be a popular theory and it definitely makes sense

it'd be cool because Barney is always wanting Ted to be his "bro" and he's always felt bad about not having his dad around so this would kind of make up for both.

Whomever the mother is, I hope they cast someone who is amazing. She'll have to blow Robin right out of the water because, imo, Ted and Robin were the best couple on the show. I liked them even better than Lily and Marshall. So the mother is going to have to be a really cool chick that the audience deems as being worthy of Ted's love.

Yeah! It'd be really awesome if that happens! Honestly though, If Barney marries Robin- Who does Robin/Barney know that goes to college and is close enough to come to the wedding? If Barney marries Nora- Nora might know someone that goes to the college, but its kind of unlikely since she's 29 and Ted's wife would atleast be 22-23?. This Barney's half sister theory makes a lot of sense. But what do I know! The writers have a lot of way of twisting things around.

Oh foooor sure! They need to have someone who is triple times better than Robin(Is that even possible though?). If the mother isn't amazingly amazing for Ted and the audience, then it'd be sort of lame :P. I also enjoy what the creators of the show said. I hope they don't hire some hot shot actress to play the mother. They've found some pretty solid people for the show. Nora, Stella(she has scrubs, but not thaaat big of an actress.) Victoria, Zoey, Don, Kevin. I like their actor choices.

Best episode in a long time. It's great to see HIMYM being both funny and moving the story along at the same time, for once, because recently it has just been soap opera-esque plot twists.

Agreed

I pretty much laughed throughout the entire episode.

Mickey is hilarious and it helps that he looks so much like Homer Simpson lol

I hope the group still hangs at the bar though.

Yeah, my friend's fiance thinks that, too.

I still don't get it.

The writing sucks and the acting is boring. I read somewhere where HIMYM was being compared favourably to Friends. Bwhahaha. Not even close.

I'm a big NPH fan but this show does absolutely nothing for me.

If Friends had any direction, it would have been HIMYM. The biggest difference between the two is that we have a decent idea of how HIMYM ends, so it keeps us watching even as it jumps progressively larger sharks.

I still don't get it.

The writing sucks and the acting is boring. I read somewhere where HIMYM was being compared favourably to Friends. Bwhahaha. Not even close.

I'm a big NPH fan but this show does absolutely nothing for me.

Clearly you don't have a sense of humor then.

Last episode talk!

I loved it! It was awesome in so many ways. I think "How I Met Your Barney" should be a spin-off, I'd watch it. Definitely the best episode in a looong time! Had funny moments and moved the story along. Perfect HIMYM is perfect :). Also, is it just me or do other people find Chris Elliott a little creepy and funny because of Scary Movie 2? :P

Last episode talk!

I loved it! It was awesome in so many ways. I think "How I Met Your Barney" should be a spin-off, I'd watch it. Definitely the best episode in a looong time! Had funny moments and moved the story along. Perfect HIMYM is perfect :). Also, is it just me or do other people find Chris Elliott a little creepy and funny because of Scary Movie 2? :P

i'd do How I Met Your Father

BBT or 2 1/2 men both are way funnier.

I saw HIMYM last night. This one had wrestlers v robots.( no idea where this episode fits in with any possible continuing story line.)

Anyway, big yawn from me.

Not every story line within an episode is supposed to contribute to the overall storyline of the series. Some of the plots in all shows are just for fun with no bearing on anything at all.

And the wrestlers vs. robots is actually an important episode because it's the one where Lily and Marshall decide that they won't try to have a baby until they see all 5 doppelgangers.

The humour on HIMYM is dry and sometimes obvious but they have a lot of funny themes that run throughout all the seasons and i love what the show is all about!

Great show... the writers keep throwing many twists and turns into the story-line so i wouldn't rule any woman we've met out of the equation to be the mother (Robin MAY be the mother as it all turns out). What happens if he is telling his kids all in his sleep and he is dreaming about robin.... and then decides to marry her cuz he finally admits that he is in love with her? IDK how it is going to end or when it will, but im enjoying every moment of it

Archived