The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

Oh hai dere fellow HIMYM fans,

Just here to reply back to the Ted/Robin spoiler. I think this situation will someone come around to Robin/Ted/Barney leaving the group for a bit. Remember when Victoria said Ted cant move on because of Robin, and he said she was right but he hadnt come to realize it yet. SO, maybe Ted tells Robin he still loves her, but Robin still loves Barney, then the situation gets weird and those three go their seperate ways for a bit. I dunno, weird random thought I had last night while watching a random episode of...wait for it...HIMYM(surprising right? :P)

Reply away!

Did anybody else think that they were ripping off Community, a bit, with tonight's episode? Earlier this season Troy and Abed were having a housewarming party and they used a non-linear structure to explore the various parallel timelines. Both episodes jump around a lot and both have one song playing throughout.

Did anybody else think that they were ripping off Community, a bit, with tonight's episode? Earlier this season Troy and Abed were having a housewarming party and they used a non-linear structure to explore the various parallel timelines. Both episodes jump around a lot and both have one song playing throughout.

HIMYM is rarely linear in their episodes either. There is always a lot of jumping back and fourth between different events at different times and then at the end it all comes together. Season 2 Episode 3 is an example of that and there have been quite a few more as well. And it makes sense that the same song would be playing the entire time - because the whole episode was based on the same 5 minutes of the party.

Good episode but not great. Some funny moments, especially Mickey and Marhall's boss

Ted and Robin are so cute together. They really get each other and appreciate what the other is all about and yet they're the only two who can call each other on faults or quirks that they may have.

This season has been good but I miss the ones where the gang was hanging at the bar and the apartment. Now that Lily's pregnant and they've moved to the suburbs the show has a more mature feel to it. I prefer watching them act juvenile lol.

And I still have one gripe about Robin: what the heck is she trying to wear and what's wrong with her hair? I mean this in a totally straight way - she's hot. Like seriously she's a gorgeous, beautiful lady, but this season she's been looking really weird. Almost like she's lost too much weight and is trying too hard to look nice.

Bit of a letdown episode after the long break. I'd expect more from a show with such high standards.

Anyone else feel the last few episodes have been really lame/boring/not the typical How I Met Your Mother feel to them? The last good episode I remember watching was the second last one before Christmas Break I believe.

I miss the style they had in the earlier seasons where Robyn didn't look like an ugly lesbian, Barney had wicked, unusual schemes for being a womanizer and Lily & Marshall's witty clingy relationship.

I'm really hoping it picks up again in regards to being "haha funny." A good example of this is last night's Two and a Half Men. They went back to being blunt and were funny in a way that was obvious. I enjoyed the last couple episodes of 2.5 men than HIMYM a lot more.

I've heard of this show before and seen some episodes but didn't really start watching from season one until a couple weeks back. I've been constantly watching a few episodes per day and every time it gets me laughing my ass off!!!

Favorite has to be Barney and my favorite episode is probably Slapsgiving and The Price is Right episode.

I agree, I don't find it funny anymore.

I also agree with hockeyville in that I don't understand what the hell is going on with Robin's look. Robin was gorgeous in season 1, drop-dead gorgeous, and like someone else said, she looks like a lesbian now lol.

I find the show is trying to be all feel-good now instead of just the raw, ridiculous, vulgar humour that it used to have. Oh well.

Difference between why Friends will always be considered a classic and one of the greats and why How I Met Your Mother are close to ruining themselves: When monica and chandler decided to have a family and move to the suburbs in the house, the show ended because what tied all 10 seasons together were the two apartments opposite each other and everyone always being at one of them. However, Lily and Marshall decide to move to the suburbs to have a family and the show still has a season and a half left. It just won't be the same as always being at Mclarens or at the apartment upstairs.

Difference between why Friends will always be considered a classic and one of the greats and why How I Met Your Mother are close to ruining themselves: When monica and chandler decided to have a family and move to the suburbs in the house, the show ended because what tied all 10 seasons together were the two apartments opposite each other and everyone always being at one of them. However, Lily and Marshall decide to move to the suburbs to have a family and the show still has a season and a half left. It just won't be the same as always being at Mclarens or at the apartment upstairs.

Apparently one of the show's writers said that Lily and Marshall living in the suburbs won't last long.

Hockeyville must be pleased with how Kevin left the show tonight...

Kevin is gone, Kevin is gone, Kevin is GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Finally a funny episode. I really enjoyed it.

Kevin was a nice guy but Kal Penn as an actor just drives me insane. Glad his nasal, over emphasizing every word acting won't be around anymore. Plus I think he was boring.

Ted and Robin are just so sweet. The way she always turns to him - tell me that's not love.

Barney and Quinn is going to be fun to watch, especially when he finds out what she does for a living :lol:

And just in case Cobie Smulders is on CDC (hey she's a Canucks fan, it could happen!) : girl you need to eat a timbit...or 12. Like seriously put on some weight and start dressing nice again. And grow your hair longer. You're wasting your beautiful looks.

That's a really good point. By the time they moved and Monica had a kid the series was ending.

I hope that the baby doesn't change the dynamic of the group too much. And I hope they move back to the city soon too. The burbs just ain't working for them

Archived