The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

I think the endgame was always going to be Barney and Robin. Their characters have evolved so much over the years, and both of them have gotten to levels of a relationship that they've never been comfortable with. I can totally see them ending up with each other. Even when Barney announced it tonight, you could totally see that Robin was clearly upset by the news, hinting that she may still have feelings for him. Barney and Quinn was good, but it probably wouldn't have played out that much. I mean Quinn doesn't even seem like she has many interactions with the gang, how would that work. Becki Newton's also slated to star in The Goodwin Games next fall season, so I'm not sure whether or not she'll be available to be in HIMYM.

As for Ted and Victoria, that was pretty crazy. I really thought Ted was going to bring Victoria back to her wedding but I guess not. We all know that Victoria can't be the mother, so I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a bigger development here. By having Ted rekindle things wiwth Victoria, it just kind of prolongs the entire thing which is kind of annoying sometimes. Of course though, there's no saying how long their new relationship will even last.

And Marshall, Lily, and baby Marvin were so cute together haha.

There were lots of good comedic scenes in this episode too, it was pretty solid. Some things were pretty big bombshells, but there were still good moments in there.

It's likely the denial talking, but I still don't think this necessarily has to mean that Barney and Robin are the ones that are marrying. I just hope that this is some blatant misdirection from the show's writers.

I've said this multiple times, but it's such a stupid couple to try to force together. Even now, I still don't buy it. It especially sucks if they're going to be throwing out perfect relationship for Barney the second time now. (Norah and Quinn)

As for Ted and Victoria... that's an odd one. I don't even know how to get into it. Whatever the reason is, I'm cheering for it to work, despite the home-wrecking nature of it, and the fact that Ted was a man left the altar himself. Probably because it's hard to feel sorry for the guy Klaus when we have no idea who he is, lol. It's all about perspective, kinda like "The Wedding Bride".

Problem is that all the clues up to this point totally go against the possibility that she is indeed his wife. Though with Ted ruining her wedding, they had better be going somewhere satisfying with it. They kind of have to. Assuming there is indeed only one season left, and that they're going to more than simply show the mother's face before the series ends, they had better have a good plan for it. I'm sure they do.

Could be a double wedding? But like someone's mentioned, Robin was visibly upset when Barney and Quinn announced their engagement. I was actually really worried that they were going to mess it up right then and there (as Quinn went to tell Lilly and Marshall the story) by having Robin kiss Barney or something....

I really want to see Ted and Victoria end up together, but from what we've learned so far about the mother it's not going to be her. Unless they needed like...a surrogate mother or adopted the kids.

I dont know how to post spoilers so sorry in advance. ill edit if someone tells me how. When it showed Barney's wedding, future ted said it was a wedding day that went 'horribly wrong', so theres still room for something surprising to happen, one way or another.

thanks avelanch

I dont know how to post spoilers so sorry in advance. ill edit if someone tells me how.

you can do it like this:

[spoiler]

When it showed Barney's wedding, future ted said it was a wedding day that went 'horribly wrong', so theres still room for something surprising to happen, one way or another.

[/spoiler]

i don't think it's actually robin and barney. at the beginning of the 2nd half of the finale, he said "the wedding that went horribly wrong" and i think that somehow robin ended up min quinn's wedding dress, probably through a series of hilarious events.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GREAT EPISODE!

Man oh man. That episode, that song, that ending. Absolutely terrific. The last five minutes of the episode gave me chills. The Funeral was an absolute FANTASTIC song choice. Am I a total idiot for thinking they'd show the face in the end? Hahaha, When they kept panning up I was like 'omg omg omg omg omg...AWH'

:P. Barney keeping all of the memories with his relationship with Robin in a storage home was awesome.

Now, mother talk. I am assuming that the mother was in the band at the wedding? Maybe recognized her at the train station and said hello or something? The writers said that is the official place that they meet. I dunno, I am super freaking excited though.

ON TO THE NEXT EPISODE!

Archived