Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Apricot

How I Met Your Mother

1,438 posts in this topic

Right when Ted told Robin that Barney was getting engaged I had that feeling that it was going to be to Robin. Barney knew that Ted wouldn't keep it a secret and knew that he would tell Robin to go and try and stop him.

I'm actually proud of myself, because I never predict outcomes like that and my wife does and she didn't see that one coming.

Right when Ted told Robin that Barney was getting engaged I had that feeling that it was going to be to Robin. Barney knew that Ted wouldn't keep it a secret and knew that he would tell Robin to go and try and stop him.

I'm actually proud of myself, because I never predict outcomes like that and my wife does and she didn't see that one coming.

I thought the same thing as well

I thought the same thing as well

Same, but I think if anyone follows the show, they already knew what would probably happen based on the glimpses we've seen into the characters' futures. So it's not like we weren't expecting it to happen, you know? It's always been in the back of our minds.

As for the episode(s),

I loved how the first episode was filled with some good comedy with the whole jinx thing. NPH did a standup job. The "pit" story was pretty interesting, and I loved how it reunited Seth Green with Alyson Hannigan too. The latter half was definitely heartfelt, and very much so, with all the different things happening, the specific one being Barney's proposal. It was a great idea to pair the two episodes into the hour, just to make sure that the serious scenes were not rushed, and also provide some comedy to it all.

I really liked Barney's explanation of his last play, "The Robin". There were two great moments in there, 1) when he knows he won't need the Playbook anymore and 2) when he unselfishly leaves it up to Ted, his best bro, to give him his blessing to pursue Robin. The song to cap off the episode was terrific, and was Fort Atlantic's "Let Your Heart Hold Fast".

While the episode was amazing, it does fall back to, `When will Ted meet the mother?" You would think Ted, a guy who's been searching for his significant other would have found her by now, before Barney no less. You can't help but feel bad for the guy. But I'm sure the moment's coming, and it'll be worth it.

What an ending to the episode. Never thought I'd see the day when Barney meets his woman before Ted...

that ending was legen.. wait for it, DARY!

wow, these two episodes were great. finally some humor with the whole jinx thing, and the playbook play at the end? so clutch!

sad though, I'm thinking this means it's definitely the last season and not like the creators said they could make it go an extra season if they felt.

Seeing as it resumes in january, I'm going to assume it's going to skip like 4 or 5 months ahead so they're closer to the wedding.

Kind of felt a little Monica and Chandler moment there too.. anybody?

PS, can't believe I'm just figuring this out now (never really had a close look at David, I guess), but I never knew that Scooter is NPH's fiance! Mind blown.

Edited by schlaBAM

Amazing episode. I'm not ashamed to say I cried a bit at the end.

Amazing episode. I'm not ashamed to say I cried a bit at the end.

I got on the misty side myself. great episode.

PS, can't believe I'm just figuring this out now (never really had a close look at David, I guess), but I never knew that Scooter is NPH's fiance! Mind blown.

Scooter is NPH's fiance, Blauman is Cobie's husband, and Sandy Rivers is Alyson's husband. The funny thing is that they all have very little interaction with their spouses on the show. Scooter is mainly with Lily, Blauman was with Marshall and Barney, and Sandy is with Robin.

What DID they do to Robin???

She got "Hollywood skinny" :mad:

I completely agree. I'm only watching still to see who the stupid mother is.

Rosie O'Donnell.

Scooter is NPH's fiance, Blauman is Cobie's husband, and Sandy Rivers is Alyson's husband. The funny thing is that they all have very little interaction with their spouses on the show. Scooter is mainly with Lily, Blauman was with Marshall and Barney, and Sandy is with Robin.

I knew about the other two, I don't know why I never noticed!

It is really funny that they all have basically no interaction with each other though. I'm surprised so many of them actually work on the show!

Fans of Patrice who are on Twitter can send her a message at @EllenDWilliams. She seems super nice and will always tweet back. And she genuinely seems like she appreciates everyone's messages

I knew about the other two, I don't know why I never noticed!

It is really funny that they all have basically no interaction with each other though. I'm surprised so many of them actually work on the show!

NPH's kids have also been on.

O DANG MIND=FREAKIN BLOWN.

I teared at the end of the episode. What a play to run.

Edited by HiChui

I just re-watched the episode because it was just that good

This show has the tendency to communicate more through non-verbal communication - for example: all the "telepathic conversations" the group members have with each other. NPH nails the silent bits he had to pull off when he was jinxed.

The scene in the limo was terrific. The perfect balance of emotion and humour (provided by Ranjeet lol). But Ted's eyes looked so sad at the end - again, another great bit of non-verbal communication. I read an article where the producer said that Josh Radnor and Cobie Smulders couldn't stop crying throughout that entire scene. He also acknowledged that this might be the final season of the show

:(

Ted's wife appears in the episode "no Tomorrow" Saget tells his kids that his wife is at the bar where Ted acts like a dink, and during his time at this bar he awkwardly walks into a girl on his way to talk to Barney. It was very weird, but Im betting that they will bring that little scene up again in the future episodes.

As much as I am getting frustrated with the series that last episode was a good one. The humour for this show might be getting a little stale for me, but the scriptwriters definitely know how to build up and execute the drama.