The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

Was looking grim for the show as it seemed like Jason Segel was holding out on returning, but he apparently has changed his mind and there will be a season 9! I'm thinking this will probably be the last for sure, I hope they give it the proper ending it deserves.

^ wahooo you are correct! http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00056572.html

Sad that Jason Segel was going to "leave the show hanging". I hate when actors walk out on the shows that made them famous just because they now have a budding movie career. Katherine Heigl did the same to Grey's Anatomy and her career has completely slowed down.

But glad the cast will all be back. We still don't know who the mother is so it would have been pretty hard to introduce her, get the fans to like her, and get her and Ted married, all in the remaining episodes of season 8. Having a full 9th season will allow the story to be told properly.

Was looking grim for the show as it seemed like Jason Segel was holding out on returning, but he apparently has changed his mind and there will be a season 9! I'm thinking this will probably be the last for sure, I hope they give it the proper ending it deserves.

I thought for sure they had said season 8 would be the last. Shows slowly dieing for me eventhough I enjoy it still, just doesn't have the appeal the old episodes did.

Wow, I feel like I haven't posted in this thread for so long. I don't want to write a giant essay on my feelings of the entire season so far. So I'll just talk about the last episode. I'll still spoiler it in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

SO! Barney and Robin officially married. I love it and by love it I mean LOOOOVE IT! I've always loved Barney and Robin together! They're just so...I have no words. Man, did I cry during the proposal. I cried like a little child not being allowed to eat ice cream after dinner because I didn't eat my vegetables. What I didn't like, was Marshall telling Ted not to tell Robin. To me it sounded like Marshall only said that because he wanted to win that bet that him and Lily made. Cause remember he said "not yet" when Lily asked for the money when Robin officially said no to Ted. I dunno, I just thought of that randomly. I'm just excited to see the "wedding disaster" they had talked about in the season 7 finale. Its gonna be good!

Oh oh! If anyone watches Pretty Little Liars(which I'm assuming no one does on here..). HIMYM casted one of the stars of that show! Ashley Benson. They announced it on CBS twitter account and said she was casted as "Barneys ????" If its his sister, I hope we can rule out that she's the mother. She is waaaaaay to young to play Teds wife. I will definitely hate it. Also Rachel Bilson will be coming back!

Wow, I feel like I haven't posted in this thread for so long. I don't want to write a giant essay on my feelings of the entire season so far. So I'll just talk about the last episode. I'll still spoiler it in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

SO! Barney and Robin officially married. I love it and by love it I mean LOOOOVE IT! I've always loved Barney and Robin together! They're just so...I have no words. Man, did I cry during the proposal. I cried like a little child not being allowed to eat ice cream after dinner because I didn't eat my vegetables. What I didn't like, was Marshall telling Ted not to tell Robin. To me it sounded like Marshall only said that because he wanted to win that bet that him and Lily made. Cause remember he said "not yet" when Lily asked for the money when Robin officially said no to Ted. I dunno, I just thought of that randomly. I'm just excited to see the "wedding disaster" they had talked about in the season 7 finale. Its gonna be good!

Oh oh! If anyone watches Pretty Little Liars(which I'm assuming no one does on here..). HIMYM casted one of the stars of that show! Ashley Benson. They announced it on CBS twitter account and said she was casted as "Barneys ????" If its his sister, I hope we can rule out that she's the mother. She is waaaaaay to young to play Teds wife. I will definitely hate it. Also Rachel Bilson will be coming back!

Well she was the mothers roommate I guess, so she will probably introduce her to ted or something like that

Makes me happy Rachel Blison is coming back now!

Great lineup of guests for the final Robin Sparkles video. Can't wait to see Luc Robitaille in action!

After the last new episode of How I Met Your Mother, executive producer Craig Thomas promised EW a star-studded fourth and final installment of the Robin Sparkles saga, and today, CBS announced the huge list of expected guest stars.

Scheduled to appear in the Feb. 4 episode are: Alan Thicke, James Van Der Beek, Paul Shaffer, Jason Priestley, Alex Trebek, K. D. Lang, former Barenaked Ladies frontman Steven Page, Rush frontman Geddy Lee, and former Canadian hockey player Luc Robitaille.

The appearance will mark Thicke’s fourth time making a cameo in a Robin Sparkles-centric episode, and this will be Van Der Beek’s second time on the show. In past episodes, Thicke has played himself while Beek portrayed Simon, Robin’s first boyfriend who also appeared in her “Sandcastles in the Sand” music video. Trebek has also previously appeared on the show.

How I Met Your Mother, which recently was rumored to be returning for a ninth season, returns with new episodes Jan. 14.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/07/how-i-met-your-mother-james-van-der-beek-alan-thicke-guest-star/

Archived