The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

Yes, I do watch the show. I thought Ted was talking to Barney but I guess my memory was wrong. Anyways, I still believe the show implied that the wedding was Cindy's (Rachel Bilson's character) and not Barney and Robin's.

It certainly was implied that way... but I doubt it will actually play out that way. they tend to give misdirection like that all the time (just like the entire episode last night). anyone catch how far in the future the wedding was supposed to take place? Knowing this show, that's the exact date the episode where he meets the mother airs.

Clearly you are qualified to make that call... being so knowledgeable about the show and whatnot. So if there is a mention of a wedding a couple years into the future, it automatically means it's jumping the shark?

That deserves the Ellington facepalm,

ellingtonfacepalm-1.png

When something is so stupid that you don't even want to show your face for fear of being associated with it; even just to facepalm.

anteater2.jpg

you know im right

I don't think the wedding situation is that confusing. I automatically assumed that the wedding was between Rachel Bilson's character and the other girl. I would assume that there would be no groomsman in a lesbian wedding but because Ted was a big part in helping Rachel Bilson's character figure out that she liked girls and eventually finding her partner, it makes sense that she would ask him to be the best man.

Also, the episode told us that Ted would meet the mother at that wedding which makes sense because the mother is Rachel Bilson's character's roommate.

Ignore my last post, I am going with this theory now :)

Speaking of theory, any one else upset this is no longer back to back with big bang ? Monday nights will never be the same :(

Ignore my last post, I am going with this theory now :)

Speaking of theory, any one else upset this is no longer back to back with big bang ? Monday nights will never be the same :(

big bang isn't going to get as much viewership anymore now that they are going up directly against NBC's thursday night. I have a feeling they will return to monday nights soon enough.

big bang isn't going to get as much viewership anymore now that they are going up directly against NBC's thursday night. I have a feeling they will return to monday nights soon enough.

Big Bang Theory gets my vote over any other show. the others are demoted to PVR recording.

CBS moved BBT to Thursdays to lead-in for Shatner's S*** My Dad Says. Hopefully they made the right move.

Season 1 of Community just kept getting better and better. They've gained so many fans that I'm scared BBT won't be able to go head to head against them.

I like Community, but if BBT is on, that's what I'm watching.

Looks like CBS made the right move... so far. They put TBBT at 8PM to lead in for Shatner's S*** My Dad Says at 830PM, and it looked like it helped.

Source 1

The results of the most eagerly anticipated ratings match-up are in: The premiere of CBS' "Big Bang Theory" made a dramatic ratings splash in its new time period last night.

"Big Bang" delivered 14 million viewers and a 4.8 preliminary adults 18-49 rating, that's actually up a tenth of a point from its cozy position in CBS' Monday comedy block last year.

NBC's rival "Community" (5 million, 2.2) fell 42% from last year's debut -- but last year the comedy benefited from an "Office" lead-in and aired at 9:30 p.m. "Community" managed to post a number that was steady with the show's usual 8 p.m. performance, and also improved upon last year's "Saturday Night Live" special in the time period.

Could it be that Thursday nights are big enough for the both of them?

"Big Bang" led into the debut of CBS' "$#*! My Dad Says" (12.5 million, 3.9), which retained an impressive percentage of its "Big Bang" lead-in. "$#*!" trounced NBC's "30 Rock" (5.8 million, 2.6), which was down 13% from last year ("30 Rock" was also launched at 9:30 p.m. with an "Office" lead-in).

"The Office" (8.4 million, 4.3) improved slightly for NBC, which then introduced "Outsourced" (7.4 million, 3.5). The India-set comedy was down 8% from "Community" in the time period. The comedy block fed into the second week of "The Apprentice" (3.8 million, 1.4) which declined.

Overall, CBS won the night despite the premieres of "CSI" (14.6 million, 3.4) and "The Mentalist" (15.3 million, 3.3) slouching, the former down 17% and the latter falling 8%.

ABC placed second, with the series premiere of "My Generation" (5.2 million, 1.6) tying The CW at 8 p.m. for last place in the hour. "My Gen" was down 60% from the debut of "FlashForward" in the time period.

ABC's other soaps also posted losses. "Grey's Anatomy" (14 million, 5.3) fell 21% and "Private Practice" (9 million, 3.3) dropped 28%.

In fourth, Fox's premieres for "Bones" (9.8 million, 2.7) and "Fringe" (5.8 million, 2.1) felt the heat. "Bones" was down 13%; "Fringe" was off 30%, though Fox premiered the show a week earlier last year.

The CW's "Vampire Diaries" (3.6 million, 1.6) actually flourished despite the added competition, up 14%. But while its lead-in climbed, "Nikita" (3.2 million, 1.1) slipped.

Source 2

359n811.jpg

In terms of who "won" the night:

15g5n2f.jpg

We'll see how it goes next week. It's possible that people just wanted to check out Shatner's show. He was good, but the dude playing his son was pretty weak.

Archived