The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

not impressed with last night's episode on two points

1) Nothing major happened, seemed like a filler episode and not that many funny parts either

2) Barney acting "girly", even though he's supposed to represent the ladies man

He wasn't acting girly, he was acting like a little kid, which he clearly reverted to because of his daddy issues.

It had enough funny to keep me entertained and some good story to boot. An episode doesn't need to be a laugh riot 100% of the time to be good.

not impressed with last night's episode on two points

1) Nothing major happened, seemed like a filler episode and not that many funny parts either

2) Barney acting "girly", even though he's supposed to represent the ladies man

I thought the episode was alright. However, I tend to find the episodes which focus mainly on Ted to be more interesting.

Stories revolving around

Ted - awesome

Barney - good

Marshal - good/ok

Lily - ok

Robin - meh

More progress on Ted would be awesome, but they're milking the popularity in the meantime (annoying as hell).

I find Robin's storylines too extreme Canadian, but still amusing.

I thought the episode was alright. However, I tend to find the episodes which focus mainly on Ted to be more interesting.

I agree. This show is about Ted explaining to his kids how he met their mother. Right now and in season 5(With the exception of Girls vs Suits) it seemed like they just drifted apart from what its about. I also heard/read that this season has Barney searching for his real father. So I think a couple of episodes will focus on that. But like Canuck_83 said, these are "filler episodes" and they're still good! I just hope they start focusing on the Ted's storyline in a couple of episodes. :)

This may have been posted earlier on, I haven't read through all of the posts. Anyways, here's a little information about this season. (possible spoilers)

It's official: Former House doc Jennifer Morrison is joining the cast of How I Met Your Mother as Zooey, Ted's new love interest. And she's not just any love interest. Zooey's "the biggest female character we've maybe ever added to the show in Ted's life," exec producer Craig Thomas declared to EW.com last month. "This is a big arc—a huge arc. It's going to be a little less date-of-the-week for Ted, which season 5 was."

So, who exactly is Zooey? As I teased yesterday, she's a rabble-rousing activist who's hell-bent on saving the Arcadian, an old New York hotel that's scheduled to be torn down to make way for the Goliath National Bank tower—which Ted just so happens to be designing.

Cue fireworks!

Thomas describes the Ted-Zooey dynamic as "very complicated and interesting." Adds fellow EP Carter Bays: "This is going to be a big saga for Ted. [it's] going to be a big overarching story that will take Ted on a journey that we're really excited about."

Although Thomas doesn't come out and ID Morrison as the titular mama, he does concede that season 6 gets "back to the fact that Ted is the 'I' in How I Met Your Mother. There's going to be a huge push forward for Ted on that search." (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Source: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/09/jennifer-morrison-how-i-met-your-mother-ted/

Archived