The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

awww no new epi today!? but that's the best thing about mondays :(

well compared to all the other shows i watch, HIMYM has been pretty good. they don't take too many breaks at all. Grey's Anatomy is off till the new year i believe so this isn't too bad if it's just a week or two.

although..i'm dying to know about Robin...

Well here's an entertaining clip. One of my favourites - especially Barney at the end. (Mirrored to avoid copyright issues)

Sounds like a lot will be known by the end of this season!

Anyone notice that Barney doesn't know how to eat with chopsticks? Every episode where they're eating Chinese food, he's always in the background struggling away. They don't draw attention to it but it always happen. So endearing lol.

Finally a new episode tonight!

I think I may have found a minor breakthrough in the Robin pregnancy story and it leads me to believe that my theory from a few weeks ago might not be so far off from what really happens.

Proof:

Is it Barney’s baby, but she still decides to be with Kevin? Or vice versa? Or does something much more tragic take place? (As New York Magazine‘s Vulture blog pointed out in an interview with Cobie Smulders, who doesn’t elaborate much on the HIMYM factoid, “We know from a very early-on Ted voice-over that Robin doesn’t have kids.”) Will any of that be revealed tonight, or is this all going to be the setup for the upcoming chain of events? I predict we’ll learn the father’s identity tonight (my money’s on Barney, but as Bays told us, Kal Penn’s Kevin won’t be out of the picture just yet), but beyond that, we’ll have to play the worst game on How I Met Your Mother since Mickey Aldrin’s “Diseases!”: The waiting game.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/12/05/how-i-met-your-mother-midseason-finale-expectation/

Great episode, dont know what all you are complaining about.

Personally I think it was absolutely terrible. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

It was so random of Marshall to put up lights and the pole vaulting reference with Robin? They could have been more creative at least. Really disappointing. It's as if the writers forgot that they needed to write a new episode and came up with something while taking a dump. Also Robin is alone on Christmas? Isn't she still dating Kevin? The hell?

Overall just so much random crap.

K so after Robin did what she did to Barney I was a bit ticked off at her. But this episode made my anger melt away. I felt soooooooo bad for her. It seems like even though NY is her home and she has great friends she's one of those people that still feels alone a lot. It was so nice to see Ted come through for her.

I'M SOOOO GLAD SHE'S NOT PREGNANT. But at the same time I'm sad that she'll never be able to have kids. It was sad how she kept it to herself and tried to deal with it on her own until she just couldn't and then she broke down to Ted. Their relationship is amazing. Ted is an incredible guy. I'd marry him in a minute (but he'd have to stop with the Canada jabs lol).

The Marshall thing was kinda stupid. I guess they needed some comic relief in an episode that was so heavy but I think they could have picked something better.

Anyways, does this mean the end of my Ted and Robin dream? Because we know Robin can't have kids and Ted has two kids so...

I dunno, I get the feeling this isn't over yet. But for now I'm glad she's not pregnant. Great episode by Cobie. She acted really well. I'm used to seeing her be this tough Canadian hockey chick (something I can relate to <_< ) but she was really vulnerable in this episode and she played it great.

I wonder if this takes Barney being with Robin out of the picture as well.

I don't know if it's implied but the way Robin kept saying as if Barney is the father makes me think that he WILL be marrying Robin

And the whole Scott thing was so forced, didn't like that too much

Anyways, does this mean the end of my Ted and Robin dream? Because we know Robin can't have kids and Ted has two kids so...

That dream ended a LONG TIME AGO. Time to move passed it mmmmkay?

I don't know if it's implied but the way Robin kept saying as if Barney is the father makes me think that he WILL be marrying Robin

It was all in her head because she thought Barney was the father. She was having a pretend conversation with her pretend future kids. Means nothing.

Archived