The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

Rachel Bilson aka the Mother's room-mate is filming an episode for this upcoming HIMYM season. So we are inching closer to the reveal i think. I now notice this has already been mentioned...

Shame to say, this show has still not gone stale for me. I've seen all 6 season multiple times over, and by multiple, i mean at least 5 times each. No joke. Favorite episodes have to be any of the Thanksgivings and slapbets. The original slapbet with the Robin video is forever my favorite.

But i'd have to say this is far away from realism or real life. Come on, would Robin's show even be syndicated? Would a penis building ever go un-noticed by an entire office? Who jumps rooftops in the middle of the night? What does Barney even do - to make what seems like millions, work as little as possible, have time to be a taxi man in the middle of the day to pick up women?? Ted's life with stella makes it to the big screen only to be a blockbuster? The show is many levels of great, but being real is not one of them and that is the essence of why the show is great.

If it was even remotely like real life it wouldn't be remotely entertaining. That's the point of sitcoms; take real life situations, and take them to one extreme or another... also, i can't wait to see the failed Canadian TV variety show with Alan Thicke and Robin. It should be Legen... wait for it... dary.

If it was even remotely like real life it wouldn't be remotely entertaining. That's the point of sitcoms; take real life situations, and take them to one extreme or another... also, i can't wait to see the failed Canadian TV variety show with Alan Thicke and Robin. It should be Legen... wait for it... dary.

Thats what i'm arguing. Some other guy said whats great about this show is that it is realistic like how they drink beer in a bar. Which is why i said the story lines are far from realistic and listed outrageous examples from the show. Reality TV isn't even realistic, nothing much on TV is nowadays.

Thats what i'm arguing. Some other guy said whats great about this show is that it is realistic like how they drink beer in a bar. Which is why i said the story lines are far from realistic and listed outrageous examples from the show. Reality TV isn't even realistic, nothing much on TV is nowadays.

honestly i think if TV was realistic it wouldnt be worth watching...i mean we watch TV to see the outrageous stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived