The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

If Ted and Robin end up together again it will be REALLY disappointing. They need to start moving the story along a little bit more, and having Ted and Robin again as a couple will not help with that. Anyone think that the mother gets introduced at some point during this season?

For the love of god I hope so

If Ted and Robin end up together again it will be REALLY disappointing. They need to start moving the story along a little bit more, and having Ted and Robin again as a couple will not help with that. Anyone think that the mother gets introduced at some point during this season?

For the love of god I hope so

ARGH.

I guess we all should ahve seen Ted and Robin coming. After what Victoria said to Ted I think it was sort of inevitable. They need to be together at least one more time for them to finally be over with it. The mother needs to come in to the picture SOON. At least start dropping more hints, I feel like this show is starting to just go in circles.

I'll reply back what I thought about the episode later on today, I just wanted to point out something I saw on tumblr today...

tumblr_lzfls3tY1P1r8rroso2_500.jpg

Does anyone see anything AWESOME in this picture? Top right corner in the newspaper...

Hahaha, you know you're awesome when you're reading about yourself on your own show. :lol:

I loved this episode. Loved loved loved. It was sooo sad! Hockeyville maaaay not be so happy about it...

So, I liked how Ted tells the mother that he loves her when they were about to watch The Wedding Bride 2(was it 3? couldnt tell) Ted/Robin...oh boy...ohhhh boy. That was super sad! When Robin said she didn't love Ted, his face was blank. I don't know how to explain it. On to Barney and Robin: Barney is not even near close to be over Robin, and vice versa. They both just need to get together already. I didn't like that Lily/Marshall story line. Betting on your friends? and about serious stuff? Thats a little mean(it might just be me who thinks this) The one about Ted breaking his leg, sure that was funny and about Barney getting murdered...I thought that was hysterical. But betting, with money...about Ted and Robin not being together. A little mean! What Lily was doing was pretty mean aswell. I may be going too much into this...

:mellow:. Hmm...what else! Oh Robin moving out, that was really sad. The Barney/tape thing was pretty funny. I lol'd a couple of times. Well, thats it for now.

WAIT! One more thing!

Did anyone else catch Conan in the ep? Haha, that was beyond epic.

Edit: I loved the ending when Marshall said "not yet" to Lily. We all know Robin is not the mother(sorry Hockeyville...) But I loved that Marshall still has hope for them. And the yellow umbrella's at the end, thought that had a nice touch.

Drama-heavy episode, but I still liked it!

The ending was kind of sad, but I'm glad that they finally closed the door on Ted and Robin. Sure, I thought that Marshall telling Lily, "Not yet," at the end was interesting, but I think we all know that the mother won't be Robin. I think it's good that they're finally moving on with Ted's character, not having him held back emotionally by the possibility of ever getting back with Robin. I'm rooting for Robin and Barney to eventually end up together, so I'm slightly inclined to believe that Barney was just lying to Ted when he said that he didn't care. Maybe he doesn't, not right now anyways since he has the stripper girl at the moment.

The ending scene with Robin moving out and Florence + The Machine's "Shake it Out" playing was well done though.

Loved that we finally got to see Coco do his cameo. I've been waiting for it for a while now, and I almost missed him. Good thing he's a tall guy, he stood out when Barney ran past him. (For those who missed him, he was talking to a girl at the bar, and Barney ran past him when he realized that there really was a Marshall and Lily sex tape out there.)

Drama-heavy episode, but I still liked it!

The ending was kind of sad, but I'm glad that they finally closed the door on Ted and Robin. Sure, I thought that Marshall telling Lily, "Not yet," at the end was interesting, but I think we all know that the mother won't be Robin. I think it's good that they're finally moving on with Ted's character, not having him held back emotionally by the possibility of ever getting back with Robin. I'm rooting for Robin and Barney to eventually end up together, so I'm slightly inclined to believe that Barney was just lying to Ted when he said that he didn't care. Maybe he doesn't, not right now anyways since he has the stripper girl at the moment.

The ending scene with Robin moving out and Florence + The Machine's "Shake it Out" playing was well done though.

Loved that we finally got to see Coco do his cameo. I've been waiting for it for a while now, and I almost missed him. Good thing he's a tall guy, he stood out when Barney ran past him. (For those who missed him, he was talking to a girl at the bar, and Barney ran past him when he realized that there really was a Marshall and Lily sex tape out there.)

"Loved that we finally got to see Coco do his cameo. I've been waiting for it for a while now, and I almost missed him. Good thing he's a tall guy, he stood out when Barney ran past him."

His gingerness wavy hair was the thing that caught my attention, definitely not his height :lol:.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marshall said "not yet" so that means we're not done with this story yet. This can't be the end of Ted and Robin because there's no closure at all. Ted still loves her to death and there's no way he'll be able to love anyone else. This isn't over yet folks!

A lot of us have been complaining that most episodes this season haven't really felt like the HIMYM that we've come to love. I really felt like this episode was the closest thing to the old episodes so I really enjoyed it.

Lots of hilarious moments. I loved Barney dancing away in the back seat of Lily and Marshall's car and I loved how they mocked a VCR.

Ted is an amazing guy. I really hope that The Mother is someone who the audience really loves. I feel like I have a personal interest in who she is because I want Ted to be happy. He's always the guy helping everyone else. Time for him to get what he wants.

I don't think Robin will end up with Barney though because he himself refers to her as a bro. They are better at being friends and the last time they were in a relationship together it really killed their friendship.

And once again: the shirt Robin was wearing at the end might as well have been a hockey jersey it was so baggy :angry:

PS - Barney is totally becoming to Lily and Marshall what Joey was to Monica and Chandler!

Oh and if you guys hadn't mentioned Conan I wouldn't even have noticed him!

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marshall said "not yet" so that means we're not done with this story yet. This can't be the end of Ted and Robin because there's no closure at all. Ted still loves her to death and there's no way he'll be able to love anyone else. This isn't over yet folks!

A lot of us have been complaining that most episodes this season haven't really felt like the HIMYM that we've come to love. I really felt like this episode was the closest thing to the old episodes so I really enjoyed it.

Lots of hilarious moments. I loved Barney dancing away in the back seat of Lily and Marshall's car and I loved how they mocked a VCR.

Ted is an amazing guy. I really hope that The Mother is someone who the audience really loves. I feel like I have a personal interest in who she is because I want Ted to be happy. He's always the guy helping everyone else. Time for him to get what he wants.

I don't think Robin will end up with Barney though because he himself refers to her as a bro. They are better at being friends and the last time they were in a relationship together it really killed their friendship.

And once again: the shirt Robin was wearing at the end might as well have been a hockey jersey it was so baggy :angry:

PS - Barney is totally becoming to Lily and Marshall what Joey was to Monica and Chandler!

Oh and if you guys hadn't mentioned Conan I wouldn't even have noticed him!

While I respect your thoughts on where Ted and Robin lie, I really think that they've finally concluded that part between the two characters. Sure, Marshall said "Not yet," to Lily, but that doesn't mean he wins the bet in the future. There's a chance (and a very likely one in my opinion) that he's wrong and Ted and Robin are done for good.

I'm not really sure how you don't think there was closure between the two. Ted admitted to Robin that "as long as the door is a little bit open", he would never be over her. But then Robin tells him straight up that she doesn't love him (anymore) and proceeds to move out of the apartment as well. I think that this helped Ted to get over Robin. Besides, the ending scene, Ted narrates that "for the first time in years, there was no little part of me clinging to the dream of being with Robin". Then it goes on to show the numerous yellow umbrellas as Ted walks out the bar, which I thought was a really great scene, symbolizing that he's finally ready to get back out there and find the woman that he'll one day marry. Just my thoughts though!

And I'm not sure how much we can take the dialogue to heart, but in the beginning of the episode, Ted says in his narration that he hasn't said I love you to a girl since Robin. So we can either assume that Ted will have some minor flings until we meet the mother, or the next serious girlfriend that he meets could very well end up to be the mother.

^ pretty much sums up my thoughts. I think this was the best episode so far this season. And to whoever it was talking about the Wedding Bride sequel...it looked like 14 to me, hahaha.

I had a flicker of hope when the first yellow umbrella walked by....quickly extinguished of course.

It may be as simple as Ted meeting The Mother and that'll be enough to help him finally get over Robin. But as it stands now he's obviously not over her yet - hence Marshall saying to Robin that she has to move out because Ted is heartbroken.

I'm really starting to not like Robin. She used to be my favourite because she was the Vancouverite hockey chick but she's messed around with a lot of guys' emotions and she uses Ted as a sounding board a lot but hasn't been able to see how much he loves her.

I want him to fall in love with the Mother and then Robin will probably mope about how she still loves him.

I'm really starting to not like Robin. She used to be my favourite because she was the Vancouverite hockey chick but she's messed around with a lot of guys' emotions and she uses Ted as a sounding board a lot but hasn't been able to see how much he loves her.

I really dislike Lily. She's overall a bitchy character. Remember the episode where she broke up Ted with all those women (including Robin) for her own interests (The Front Porch)? This recent episode, screwing with Ted so she can win a bet.

I really dislike Lily. She's overall a bitchy character. Remember the episode where she broke up Ted with all those women (including Robin) for her own interests (The Front Porch)? This recent episode, screwing with Ted so she can win a bet.

Yeah she's very meddlesome and also selfish like when she broke up with Marshall and went off to San Fransisco. Both Ted and Marshall are great guys. Any girl would be lucky to have them.

I did one of those online quizzes about "which HIMYM character are you" and one time I got Lily. I was so offended lol.

Archived